Daryle Hawkins - QB from Omaha Central

When my team played him he was trash (granted our team won state) but he had like 4 pics and couldnt complete a pass more than ten yards down field. I dont know how he got an offer, but as of right now I am glad NU didnt offer (hopefully it wont come back to bite NU in about 4 years)

You need to learn to look at talent and not just what the almighty Millard West did for one year! When Millard West gets a history maybe you can talk about talent.

What is the purpose of this? Because someone went to a school that doesn't have a long lineage of football history, he/she isn't qualified to give their own opinions on talent? Huskerfan500 is simply stating that when he saw Daryle play he wasn't impressed, Daryle had a bad game.

Daryle was the best athlet on the field that day he just had no supporting cast! I get tired of the steroid eating Millard schools talking crap!

When my team played him he was trash (granted our team won state) but he had like 4 pics and couldnt complete a pass more than ten yards down field. I dont know how he got an offer, but as of right now I am glad NU didnt offer (hopefully it wont come back to bite NU in about 4 years)

Was he really 6'4" and that fast? Since they offered him as WR, I guess they can over look the weak arm. ;)

I think on 1620 they said they were recruiting him as a QB, but I cant remember who said it, so I might not be accurate on that.

You need to learn to look at talent and not just what the almighty Millard West did for one year! When Millard West gets a history maybe you can talk about talent.

What is the purpose of this? Because someone went to a school that doesn't have a long lineage of football history, he/she isn't qualified to give their own opinions on talent? Huskerfan500 is simply stating that when he saw Daryle play he wasn't impressed, Daryle had a bad game.

Daryle was the best athlet on the field that day he just had no supporting cast! I get tired of the steroid eating Millard schools talking crap!

First off, MW has 2 football state championships in 13 years of being a school, including all but 2 years in the playoffs. They have been in the state semi-finals 5 times. So for the little time MW has actually been a school I would say they have been successful.

Secondly, thank you caveman, I do have the constitutional right to state my opinion.

And third I can bet you just as many kids at Central or any other school as much as Millard schools. I won't deny that they are players on steroids at millard west, but that doesnt mean that central doesnt have the same amount.

And lastly for the sake of board rules I am ending this, Although the PM calling me a "bigot" was kind of cute of you.

OWH

He's a Duck

Omaha Central football coach Jay Ball comes back to the same word when he describes Daryle Hawkins.

"Competitor," the coach says. "Just a tremendous competitor."

Don't believe him? Ask Eagles basketball coach Eric Behrens about Hawkins.

"He broke his nose in practice yesterday," Behrens said, "and asked our trainer to pop it back into place."

While wearing a University of Oregon hat, Hawkins signed today with the Ducks of the Pacific-10 Conference. As late as last week, Hawkins had planned to sign with Northern Iowa but got a late offer from Oregon and said it was impossible to pass up his "dream school."

"I'm definitely thrilled," he said. "I fell in love (with Oregon). It just seemed like the perfect college experience for me."

The 6-foot-4, 190-pound Hawkins, who was injured for three games late in his senior season, might be the Ducks' only quarterback recruit. He said he was recruited as an all-around athlete, but he was told that his first look would be at quarterback.

The Ducks had held out hope that four-star quarterback Tahj Boyd of Hampton, Va., would sign, but Boyd selected Clemson in mid-January.

Former Nebraska quarterback Scott Frost was seeking to sign Hawkins while Frost was a Northern Iowa assistant coach. But Frost recently became the receivers coach at Oregon.

"It's a small world after all," Hawkins said.

Hawkins' father, James Kight, an assistant with the Central football team, said it was nice to see his son's patience pay off in the recruiting process.

"Sometimes you've got to wait because you never know what happens," Kight said. "I'm really excited for Daryle for a bunch of different reasons."

Ball said the combination of Hawkins' competitiveness, athleticism and smarts adds up to "the All-America kid."

"I heard someone the other day say he was the kind of kid Tom Osborne would have signed," Kight said. "That's all I needed to hear." -Nick Rubek

Yes he is that fast, he is very athletic and would make a great reciever or defensive back! Have to love the idiot from Millard West who won the state championship.

Your warning level has been increased for your violation of the Board rules for your personal attack.

A second violation will result in a suspension. A third violation will result in a ban.

Hawkins was shown on BIG Red Wrapup and they said he only played the last two games of the season due to injury. Probably a big reason he didn't get much exposure.

He was just injured for 3 games, but since he didn't start at QB until this year (was free safety last year) and looked pretty poor until the last 2 games, I'm sure he didn't get many looks from other teams. Probably just came in because the Ducks needed a QB after losing out on Boyd and getting rebuffed by Taylor Martinez:

The 6-foot-4, 190-pound Hawkins, who was injured for three games late in his senior season, might be the Ducks' only quarterback recruit. He said he was recruited as an all-around athlete, but he was told that his first look would be at quarterback.

Ohio State also took some random QB after missing out on Boyd. (The OSU assistant coach freely admits if he'd have been in another city when Boyd chose Clemson, another QB would have been offered)

OTOH he's big and fast ("Hawkins is confident that he can now run the 40 faster than the 4.47 seconds he clocked as a junior."), so if they don't need him for QB depth, he could end up being WR.

Anyway, he's Duck now, so good luck to him unless Oregon plays Nebraska.