Daryle Hawkins - QB from Omaha Central

Did NU miss the boat on this guy? He was set to go to Northern Iowa and recently got an offer from Oregon and commited. Apparantly Scott Frost showed his new boss this one and they jumped on him. Is this one Beloti is taking a chance on just to placate his new Assistant?

Daryle Hawkins

Dual-threat quarterback

Omaha (NE) Central

Ht: 6-foot-4

Wt: 190 lbs

Forty: 4.5 secs

Bench max: 245 pounds

Squat max: 405 pounds

Vertical: 34 inches

GPA: 3.8

ACT: 26

Class: 2009 (High School)

Rivals.com Rating: 5.2 (About)

Position Ranking: NR

Rivals :star:star

Scout :star

But...But...the Bo doesn't miss in-state recruits!! DOES NOT COMPUTE

:sarcasm

Seriously, though, where did that come from? I hate Oregon and if they offered me over Northern Iowa, you bet your ass I would go to Oregon. Congrats for this kid, hopefully he can tear it up out there.

But...But...the Bo doesn't miss in-state recruits!! DOES NOT COMPUTE

:sarcasm

Seriously, though, where did that come from? I hate Oregon and if they offered me over Northern Iowa, you bet your ass I would go to Oregon. Congrats for this kid, hopefully he can tear it up out there.

That is what gets me, Scott Frost was the force behind this. Was at Norther Iowa coaching the D and now is new Receivers Coach at Oregon, assume he was in on the recruiting on this kid at both places. Maybe the one QB edict we told Green played a part in this? If that was the case then we may have only offered a Walk On spot and he got a scholly from Norther Iowa.

We have Cody Green is all I can think of. We also have Taylor Martinez. Bo and company I'm sure think Green -- and maybe Martinez -- is a better prospect than Hawkins. We may have offered him as a walkon -- I don't know. He could had been offered in a different situation where we didn't get Green and didn't get another targeted QB recruit. Also, perhaps the coaching staff talked to Hawkins about playing a different position, and the kid declined. :dunno

Hey guys, Oregon fan here:

I joined this board to find out more about this guy.

Apparently we're recruiting him at wide reciever, most fans have mixed feelings about him, the people that are caught up with the "star-ratings" don't know why we offered him, but when you look at the measurables...6'4, 190, 4.45...BBall player and Decathlete... I guess the Oregon-staff thinks he has a lot of potential.

Before you guys go crazy wondering wondering why we offered and you didn't--- Oregon has had a VERY HARD TIME recruiting WR's the last two years, and I think we're starting to get desperate. So we're looking at lower rated "athletes" or QB's that we think we could turn into wideouts.

The only thing that makes me think he might be the real deal, is Scott Frost apparently thought enough of the kid that he got the Oregon staff to watch tape of him just a week after getting the WR job... he must be fairly confident in the kids ability.

Kid seems to be pretty smart with a 3.8 and a 26 ACT, I don't know much else about him, if you guys got any info it would my much appreciated.

Hey guys, Oregon fan here:

I joined this board to find out more about this guy.

Apparently we're recruiting him at wide reciever, most fans have mixed feelings about him, the people that are caught up with the "star-ratings" don't know why we offered him, but when you look at the measurables...6'4, 190, 4.45...BBall player and Decathlete... I guess the Oregon-staff thinks he has a lot of potential.

Before you guys go crazy wondering wondering why we offered and you didn't--- Oregon has had a VERY HARD TIME recruiting WR's the last two years, and I think we're starting to get desperate. So we're looking at lower rated "athletes" or QB's that we think we could turn into wideouts.

The only thing that makes me think he might be the real deal, is Scott Frost apparently thought enough of the kid that he got the Oregon staff to watch tape of him just a week after getting the WR job... he must be fairly confident in the kids ability.

Kid seems to be pretty smart with a 3.8 and a 26 ACT, I don't know much else about him, if you guys got any info it would my much appreciated.

Good to see you prowling the threads here, it helps to fuel good discussion. Sadly, I didn't get to see this kid play at all this year.

When my team played him he was trash (granted our team won state) but he had like 4 pics and couldnt complete a pass more than ten yards down field. I dont know how he got an offer, but as of right now I am glad NU didnt offer (hopefully it wont come back to bite NU in about 4 years)

Was he really 6'4" and that fast? Since they offered him as WR, I guess they can over look the weak arm. ;)

When my team played him he was trash (granted our team won state) but he had like 4 pics and couldnt complete a pass more than ten yards down field. I dont know how he got an offer, but as of right now I am glad NU didnt offer (hopefully it wont come back to bite NU in about 4 years)

Was he really 6'4" and that fast? Since they offered him as WR, I guess they can over look the weak arm. ;)

Good question, if he was then he would have been a good get for NU. We could have used another WR in this class if he is a good player.

I got no info for you Duck, but looks like you're feeling the wrath of 1 Slick Rick Neuweasel and 1 Slick Rick Dan Hawkins 1B. Those 2 guys can sell some slop, even if they can't coach worth a lick. I thought Belotti and Nike U could sell some slop?? I personally give Slick Rick at UCLA 2-3 years before Almighty Pete cries the violation foul card and UCLA is on probation, so don't worry about it. NU recruits in Cali to, against the Ducks a lot of times. Seeing Oregon go into the Midwest to get skill guys is a bit puzzling. I guess NU and the other Midwest schools better get used to the Ducks recruiting here. (I love NU, but if Bryce Brown is my kid and Oregon continues to run the offense they ran the past couple years, I strongly think about sending him to Oregon to run the ball in that offense. The proof is in the pudding, the RB is gettin the ball. Shannon's got that kid and his mentor brainwashed good. There's no way in hell I'd send my kid to go play in that offense, I don't care if it's an NFL offense, I'd want my kid playing in an established offense where the RB shines and the O-line is established.)

As for your WR recruiting problems, similar to NU's even though NU has been a passing team, what I've seen of Oregon is a spread option running team (NU should be running this offense in my personal opinion, I love your offense and Floridas). If I was a fan of Oregon, which I really don't care for Nike U, I would be stoked to see which direction your O is going. No team in your league runs this offense and it will be tough to prepare for. I've seen this offense for many, many years. Can't you see the writing on the wall with Frost coaching your WR's?? Unfortunately if you want star power at the WR recruiting slots, you might want to forget about it as PAC 10 schools, CU and others will negative recruit the hell out of Oregon stating all they will be doing is blocking with Frost Coaching them. You may not like it, but watch your offense in the future, check out this

. Not exactly like your offense, but very, very similar concepts with the spread game. TO's offense in 97, the one Frost ran was a precursor to the spread o Oregon and florida runs today. I hope you didn't fall in love with Oregon's passing game like you may have been brought up on, but how many championships has any northern school won passing the ball??

As for the Dawkins kid, Bo may have whiffed on him. Just because a skill guy plays in the state of Nebraska or Kansas with lower HS competition level doesn't mean jack at the college game. All the kids in Cali, Texas and Florida get all the pub, and deservedly so, but if Frost saw something on tape he liked or when he talked to the kid, I wouldn't down play it. Frost played with/against the elite of the elite athletes in college football, he also was one. I wouldn't worry about it and trust the coach, Frost will coach the kid up and DB's will hate to face him.

You need to learn to look at talent and not just what the almighty Millard West did for one year! When Millard West gets a history maybe you can talk about talent.

You need to learn to look at talent and not just what the almighty Millard West did for one year! When Millard West gets a history maybe you can talk about talent.

What is the purpose of this? Because someone went to a school that doesn't have a long lineage of football history, he/she isn't qualified to give their own opinions on talent? Huskerfan500 is simply stating that when he saw Daryle play he wasn't impressed, Daryle had a bad game.