Pedersen

How well do you think Pederson has done?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Has there ever been an AD that was universally loved and admired? That's a position that, no matter the decision, is going to piss off someone.

Take Frank Broyles at Arkansas. The guy continually is upgrading facilities and staying competative with the rest of the SEC in that regard. And considering the negatives associated with the state, he's managed to create programs that are winners (National Champions in basketball in the '90s, upteen championships in track, SEC West Champions in football, to name a few), but there is a very vocal group that wants the guy to quit. Is he a "great" AD? Maybe...maybe not. But considering what he's managed to do with what he's got to work with you have to give him high marks.

Can't please everyone all the time...

Pedey has done little more than lie(repeatedly), make a few nationally embarassing goofs, and horribly fire a man that put almost forty years of blood, sweat, and tears into the program. Changes weren't needed, patience was. Who hear can honestly say that the 2003 staff was not a step in the right direction? Talk about gravitating towards mediocraty. Once again, we are expected to be patient with Billy C and not with a guy who dedicated a majority of his LIFE to the program.

Yeah, Pedey is one hell of a guy. :flush

Pedey has done little more than lie(repeatedly), make a few nationally embarassing goofs, and horribly fire a man that put almost forty years of blood, sweat, and tears into the program. Changes weren't needed, patience was. Who hear can honestly say that the 2003 staff was not a step in the right direction? Talk about gravitating towards mediocraty. Once again, we are expected to be patient with Billy C and not with a guy who dedicated a majority of his LIFE to the program.

I guess this dead horse has been revived. :lol: I would agree, except for the following points:

1. Prove that he lied about anything. It has always come down to one guy’s word against his and we all know what side you are taking. Listen, it's obvious he could have handled just about everything differently in an attempt to make Joe Huskerfan happy but, I don't know if I would call him a liar. It's debatable at best.

2. People get fired. What about the combined years of the assistants that Solich let go? That surely adds up to 40 years if not more. What about them? Do they not count? It was OK because Solich fired them? If you want to talk about firing people who put blood, sweat and tears into the program let's be consistent.

The truth is Solich should have made those changes years ago. Too little, too late I guess.

3. Yes, we went 10-3 in 2003 but got shellacked by the teams like KSU, Texas, etc. That was OK?

Billy C? Is this Joe? Listen, you can't blame Bill Callahan for accepting a position at the University of Nebraska. I will run out of patience when he has had as much time as Solich had as head coach, probably sooner actually. If things don't start looking up in the next couple years his stock will sink considerably in my book.

As far as not dedicating his life to the program, how the hell is saying that even fair at this point? So only people who have lived in this state and followed the program within an inch at all times deserve to be a coach? Hey like newearthhusker says, it's a state job, man. Go apply. ;)

Pedey has done little more than lie(repeatedly), make a few nationally embarassing goofs, and horribly fire a man that put almost forty years of blood, sweat, and tears into the program.  Changes weren't needed, patience was.  Who hear can honestly say that the 2003 staff was not a step in the right direction?  Talk about gravitating towards mediocraty.  Once again, we are expected to be patient with Billy C and not with a guy who dedicated a majority of his LIFE to the program. 

I guess this dead horse has been revived. :lol: I would agree, except for the following points:

1. Prove that he lied about anything. It has always come down to one guy’s word against his and we all know what side you are taking. Listen, it's obvious he could have handled just about everything differently in an attempt to make Joe Huskerfan happy but, I don't know if I would call him a liar. It's debatable at best.

2. People get fired. What about the combined years of the assistants that Solich let go? That surely adds up to 40 years if not more. What about them? Do they not count? It was OK because Solich fired them? If you want to talk about firing people who put blood, sweat and tears into the program let's be consistent.

The truth is Solich should have made those changes years ago. Too little, too late I guess.

3. Yes, we went 10-3 in 2003 but got shellacked by the teams like KSU, Texas, etc. That was OK?

Billy C? Is this Joe? Listen, you can't blame Bill Callahan for accepting a position at the University of Nebraska. I will run out of patience when he has had as much time as Solich had as head coach, probably sooner actually. If things don't start looking up in the next couple years his stock will sink considerably in my book.

As far as not dedicating his life to the program, how the hell is saying that even fair at this point? So only people who have lived in this state and followed the program within an inch at all times deserve to be a coach? Hey like newearthhusker says, it's a state job, man. Go apply. ;)

Time to beat this horse again!

To answer your points...

1)I can't prove one way or another. But when Houston AND ESPN claim one thing and he claims another...I guess it's up to the individual person to make that judgement...

2)Solich fired the assistants after they went 7-7. As you said, people get fired for not getting their jobs done. After they went 7-7, it was clear some had to go.

But after they went 11-2 and went to the National Championship game? Why does he make changes after that? That's a Pedersen like move. Should have made changes years ago? Why? Solich had a great record...why fire the assistants then? Why be like Pedersen and fire guys after successes? He made the changes to his staff when they became necessary. But he wasn't given time to let those changes work.

3) Sure the Huskers got thrashed by the Whorns, Kst, and Mizzou...and went 9-3. I'll take that over getting beaten by Southern Miss, beaten handily by Iowa St., Kst (oh, and they had a losing record this time), beaten handily by CU (the game was never really in doubt), OU, and a mediocre TT team 70 thats SEVENTY to 10, and going 5-6. ANYTIME.

What would have happened if the administration had given in to pressure and fired Devaney after he went 6-4 twice? ;)

Pedey has done little more than lie(repeatedly), make a few nationally embarassing goofs, and horribly fire a man that put almost forty years of blood, sweat, and tears into the program.  Changes weren't needed, patience was.  Who hear can honestly say that the 2003 staff was not a step in the right direction?  Talk about gravitating towards mediocraty.  Once again, we are expected to be patient with Billy C and not with a guy who dedicated a majority of his LIFE to the program. 

I, by the bye, am not bashing Billy C at any point in my post, I will make that clear. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and supporting him. The deadhorse I shall continue to beat like a bad habit is The Pedey. Will change things, no, but people still need realize what a jackhole he is. :horns2

Is The Pedey like saying The Pope? Do we have to kiss his hand now too? :lol: Solich should have known how things were going because of all the time he had vested in the program. He should have made changes sooner. I think that is the crux of the matter. HE DIDNT. If BC has to make changes I hope he can make them sooner than later. Just seeing the influx of talent makes me think otherwise and that The Pedey has made a pretty good hire SO FAR. Who knows what will happen with BC and the program in a couple of years. Stardom or failure. Solich found out. The Pedey will have to make more hard decisions (hopefully handle them better though).

Always will be a HUSKER fan its not the admin its the team I support.

:horns2

GBR

Everyone says Solich should have made changes sooner...when was that supposed to be? Right after his team played for the National Championship? No...how about after his team went 7-7...Yes...but those changes weren't allowed to work. Someone please clarify for me when exactly he was to make these changes.

After his first year? 9-4, #20 ranking...after first year, probably not.

After year #2? 12-1, Big 12 champs, #3 ranking...I would guess not here.

After year #3? 10-2 #7/8 ranking...hmmmm...probably not here either.

How about after year #4?...11-2, played in National Championship game....hmmm tough decisions to be made after losing last two, but I don't think you replace a bunch of coaches that got you a 7/8 ranking...

Year #5? 7-7...yeah, it would be time to make some changes. Too bad no one will ever know if they would have worked out.

Anyone who thinks he should have made changes earlier is crazy. You don't make changes when you're having success...oh, wait...unless your name is Pedersen. In Solich's world, changes mean going from 7-7 to 10-3...In Pedey's world, it means going from 10-3 to 5-6.

I hope NU is headed in the right direction...only time will tell. But I personally doubt NU is 5-6 last year with Fearless Frankie at the controls.

Go Big Red!

10-3 is a good season under any standard.

But his new staff on the offensive side brought us our worst offensive production in 50 years. Our recruiting was so far down we needed a phone to reach it. Our depth at all positions was so low that we could never compete with a team of any talent. Speed could only be referred to in drug relationship, as Nebraska had turned into a herd of turtles. Training and conditioning, our hallmark, was seen by Finoti and Villawalldrop looking like they were nailed to ground in the Rose Bowl. Both had put on at least 40 pounds prior to the game. That indicates a lack of attention to detail by the staff.

I like Frank, but Frank was not dealt the wonder program that all think he was. There were many problems, no more Big 2 and the 6 dwarfs. Coaches that had grown tired but were promised to be kept. Laying all the blame on Frank is not fair, but to think Pederson did the wrong thing is just as bad. I do not like Mr. Pederson, but it is obvious he did the right thing.

This horse has died, been beaten to a pulp and propped back up at least 100 times.

The only answer that I need, is if Frank was the wonder coach and qualified to be at Nebraska, why did it take him a year to get a job at a lowly MAC conferenece cellar dwellar. Explain that and I will agree with you. No other major team or conference had any interest. They are hired to evaluate coaches and their potential. None moved and where Frank ended up was a last gasp. Tell me why and make me understand it. I like Frank and always have, but he was in over his head from day one.

10-3 is a good season under any standard.

But his new staff on the offensive side brought us our worst offensive production in 50 years. Our recruiting was so far down we needed a phone to reach it. Our depth at all positions was so low that we could never compete with a team of any talent. Speed could only be referred to in drug relationship, as Nebraska had turned into a herd of turtles. Training and conditioning, our hallmark, was seen by Finoti and Villawalldrop looking like they were nailed to ground in the Rose Bowl. Both had put on at least 40 pounds prior to the game. That indicates a lack of attention to detail by the staff.

I like Frank, but Frank was not dealt the wonder program that all think he was. There were many problems, no more Big 2 and the 6 dwarfs. Coaches that had grown tired but were promised to be kept. Laying all the blame on Frank is not fair, but to think Pederson did the wrong thing is just as bad. I do not like Mr. Pederson, but it is obvious he did the right thing.

This horse has died, been beaten to a pulp and propped back up at least 100 times.

The only answer that I need, is if Frank was the wonder coach and qualified to be at Nebraska, why did it take him a year to get a job at a lowly MAC conferenece cellar dwellar. Explain that and I will agree with you. No other major team or conference had any interest. They are hired to evaluate coaches and their potential. None moved and where Frank ended up was a last gasp. Tell me why and make me understand it. I like Frank and always have, but he was in over his head from day one.

I will agree with most of what you said. I was all for Fearless getting fired at one time. My bone of contention was not letting his new staff have time to work. Given a chance, it may have (although I was as angry as anyone when we all saw a qb draw or option to the short side of the field on third down).

Who knows, now...not I, that's for certain!

Here's hoping Cally and the boys can bring the Big Red back!!!! I'll be the first one to eat crow (I am hoping someone has a good recipie) if that happens. Matter of fact, I hope I do have to eat some crow! :wasted

Legit question about why he didn't get another job, by the way. :cheers

I have no answer for that one! Have heard rumors, but believe hardly any of them!

I'm glad Pud didn't sign the deal with Houston it means 1 more home game to attend. He also got rid of those ugly uni's from 02. What was Byrne thinking? I never was a fan of Frankie as a head coach so firing him is another good thing for Pud.

I do wish he would of pushed to keep Marvin Sanders though.

Oh and whatwouldmillikando nice name.