Pedersen

How well do you think Pederson has done?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm glad Pud didn't sign the deal with Houston it means 1 more home game to attend. He also got rid of those ugly uni's from 02. What was Byrne thinking? I never was a fan of Frankie as a head coach so firing him is another good thing for Pud.

I do wish he would of pushed to keep Marvin Sanders though.

Oh and whatwouldmillikando nice name.

I knew you'd like the moniker, oh earthen one. By the way, you did make me realize there was one move the Pedyphile did make I backed, and it was getting rid of those fruity uni's.

go big f'n red, #43 for life!! :horns2

Is The Pedey like saying The Pope? Do we have to kiss his hand now too? :lol: Solich should have known how things were going because of all the time he had vested in the program. He should have made changes sooner. I think that is the crux of the matter. HE DIDNT. If BC has to make changes I hope he can make them sooner than later. Just seeing the influx of talent makes me think otherwise and that The Pedey has made a pretty good hire SO FAR. Who knows what will happen with BC and the program in a couple of years. Stardom or failure. Solich found out. The Pedey will have to make more hard decisions (hopefully handle them better though).

Always will be a HUSKER fan its not the admin its the team I support.

:horns2

GBR

The Pedey is for the Pedyban to refer to him. And right you are, I support the team 150%, and not the administration. :thumbs

Has there ever been an AD that was universally loved and admired? That's a position that, no matter the decision, is going to piss off someone.

Take Frank Broyles at Arkansas. The guy continually is upgrading facilities and staying competative with the rest of the SEC in that regard. And considering the negatives associated with the state, he's managed to create programs that are winners (National Champions in basketball in the '90s, upteen championships in track, SEC West Champions in football, to name a few), but there is a very vocal group that wants the guy to quit. Is he a "great" AD? Maybe...maybe not. But considering what he's managed to do with what he's got to work with you have to give him high marks.

Can't please everyone all the time...

In light of everyhting and his position...I give him high marks...keep it up Ped

The only answer that I need, is if Frank was the wonder coach and qualified to be at Nebraska, why did it take him a year to get a job at a lowly MAC conferenece cellar dwellar. Explain that and I will agree with you. No other major team or conference had any interest. They are hired to evaluate coaches and their potential. None moved and where Frank ended up was a last gasp. Tell me why and make me understand it. I like Frank and always have, but he was in over his head from day one. -Skysker

Now dont get me wrong, I think that Pederson made some mistakes in the hiring process, and frankly, I think that he fired Solich to late, but Skysker and others have made good points. Times change, Solich didnt. When TO took over, we didnt run the option offense. When TO took over we didnt run a 4-3 defense. Both of the changes were instigated when we fell behind Oklahoma and copied off of them, so I am tired of people saying over and over again that they ruined the tradition of Nebraska when they hired Callahan. Frank didnt change, he wasnt going to change, and all of the knowlegeble people around football knew this and so he ends up in Ohio. I wish Frank all of the luck in the world, but the college football world has changed, and Nebraska need to change too or be left behind, like last year when we were caught with our pants around our ankles. The only traditions at Nebraska are winning and winning with class, and Callahan and some new blood gives Nebraska a better chance to do that in years to come.

The only answer that I need, is if Frank was the wonder coach and qualified to be at Nebraska, why did it take him a year to get a job at a lowly MAC conferenece cellar dwellar. Explain that and I will agree with you. No other major team or conference had any interest. They are hired to evaluate coaches and their potential. None moved and where Frank ended up was a last gasp. Tell me why and make me understand it. I like Frank and always have, but he was in over his head from day one. -Skysker

Now dont get me wrong, I think that Pederson made some mistakes in the hiring process, and frankly, I think that he fired Solich to late, but Skysker and others have made good points. Times change, Solich didnt. When TO took over, we didnt run the option offense. When TO took over we didnt run a 4-3 defense. Both of the changes were instigated when we fell behind Oklahoma and copied off of them, so I am tired of people saying over and over again that they ruined the tradition of Nebraska when they hired Callahan. Frank didnt change, he wasnt going to change, and all of the knowlegeble people around football knew this and so he ends up in Ohio. I wish Frank all of the luck in the world, but the college football world has changed, and Nebraska need to change too or be left behind, like last year when we were caught with our pants around our ankles. The only traditions at Nebraska are winning and winning with class, and Callahan and some new blood gives Nebraska a better chance to do that in years to come.

Frank's firing of longtime assistants wasn't changing?

Tell me Indiana, what changed offensively in Solich's last year. I believe that the repotoire was pretty much the same. Option left, option right, quarterback draw, and play action. The only reason that the Huskers were marginally successful that last year is due to a weak schedule and alot of luck in creating turnovers. I would hardly call us the juggernaut we were. Oh, and by the way, whose recruits were in that national championship game? I believe TO's. The inability to adapt was what sunk Solich, and hiring some new assistants that called the same plays did little to change the situation.

Tell me Indiana, what changed offensively in Solich's last year. I believe that the repotoire was pretty much the same. Option left, option right, quarterback draw, and play action. The only reason that the Huskers were marginally successful that last year is due to a weak schedule and alot of luck in creating turnovers. I would hardly call us the juggernaut we were. Oh, and by the way, whose recruits were in that national championship game? I believe TO's. The inability to adapt was what sunk Solich, and hiring some new assistants that called the same plays did little to change the situation.

I don't disagree with the whole offensive arguement you make. Barneyball was much the same in the bowl game as it had been most of the season. I believe him when he said Solich let him do his thing. He did the best he could with what he had, and Jamaal had a pretty darn good year. No, they weren't a juggernaut. But they were young (see: Cory Ross). Look at what he did with ISU this year. Another year, and IMO they would have been much better.

However, isn't 9-3 (with a MUCH better defense) a change from 7-7? If Fearless had been given another year with his changes, and they went 7-7 or similar again, I would have said it was right to get rid of him.

As far as recruiting goes, check the numbers...Solich had some top-25 classes, I believe. I will try to find a link.

Let me say, I was all for throwing Solich under the bus at one time. But, firing assistants was a HUGE change. Something obviously worked.

Again, I wonder if Devaney had been fired unceremoniously after his mediocre seasons, where would we be now...and yes, I am comparing the Bobfather to Solich. Devaney went 6-5 two straight seasons, and made similar changes like what Solich made. Just think about what had happened if he wouldn't have been allowed to see if those changes had worked?

Oz had a few of 9-3 seasons...and no one fired him.

I still have confidence (sorta) in this staff. Callahan's offense is superb. I hope he gets a chance to stay 5 years and make sure this change works before throwing him under the bus.

Time will tell.

Callahan's offense is superb.

somewhere... out there... right now... if you listen closely... there is a person named 'former fan' is screaming in total hysterical rage at his monitor after reading that last quote.

Comparing Devaney to Solich?!??? LMAO!

Try comparing Jennings to Solich... very appropriate! Once you have that under your hat, take a look at Devaney and Callahan. Granted, Devaney was handed much better talent that Callahan, but I won't be surprised to see the Husker program elevated under Callahan.

SP brought some serious attention to the program when he fired FS, thats for sure, most everyone was like me and thought :wtf after a sucessful season, everyone who knew i was a husker fan was really raggin on me about it, who are they gonna get to do better than that? are they nutz? stuff like that. Outside looking in it seems like he is way too high profile, seems like the schools that are having problems with their programs have high profile AD's, just doesnt seem like a good thing to me, im not sure why he is, unless he chooses to be or there are internal problems coming out. All i can tell ya is i dont know any the names of any of the AD's at schools that are having sucess in their athletic programs and alot of people know who SP is, possibly the major changes he has made are overshadowing his accomplishments, but it seems like he sure does get alot of negative attention.

good to see another husker fan in IN too, thought there was just 2, now its 3 i guess :thumbs

Comparing Devaney to Solich?!??? LMAO!

Try comparing Jennings to Solich... very appropriate! Once you have that under your hat, take a look at Devaney and Callahan. Granted, Devaney was handed much better talent that Callahan, but I won't be surprised to see the Husker program elevated under Callahan.

Yeah, I guess you can't compare Solich to Devaney...Solich had a better record.

Oh, yeah, and Devaney wasn't fired after one mediocre season...heck, he wasn't even fired after two. His changes were allowed to work.

So, I guess the comparisons are not equal.