Pedersen

How well do you think Pederson has done?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Frank was given credit for his classes because Nebraska recruited for their program. At that time it was thought that it worked. Unfortunately it did not. We were given credit for players that were suppose to fit us but not other programs. We road the coat tails of our past performance.

When did recruiting "experts" start basing their rankings on who does what for your program? Lost me on that one...Each kid is ranked based on his ability...teams are ranked on how many good kids they get, not what they mean to their program...look it up. www.rivals.com

You are the one who started calling names. You are the one that decided we should abide by your rules. If we wanted English lessons or a mommy we would have looked for them, and not came to this site for information on a football team.

We are not children or you students. We read your posts for information about Nebraska, not what to type or how to spell it.

You are the one who started calling names.  You are the one that decided we should abide by your rules.  If we wanted English lessons or a mommy we would have looked for them, and not came to this site for information on a football team.

We are not children or you students.  We read your posts for information about Nebraska, not what to type or how to spell it.

Feel better now?

I promise not to hurt your feelings anymore, skers. I won't call anymore names, you seem to be pretty sensitive. This is the very last time I will respond to one of your posts, so I don't step on your toes anymore.

Bygones.

:cheers

Finally indiana, if you're correct grammer and teach English, learn to spell argument first.

Hoya, perhaps you should read posts before criticizing them.

I believe I did acknowledge (sorry, you may have to look that one up) the fact Devaney came in under different circumstances.

Second, while I proved Solich did recruit relatively well, I also acknowledged the fact Cally had a superb class this year. However, one great recruiting class does not a great team make (sorry, felt kinda like Yoda there).

I never disagreed with the whole "Solich isn't a great coach because he wasn't picked up right away" thingy (note the grammar there! ;) ) per se. I don't know why he wasn't picked up. We are all entitled to our opinions. That's why I am not going to argue with you anymore, you cannot even use correct grammar to point out someone else's TYPO. :rollin

Dog, if you didn't grasp the sarcasm with my last line, I appollogise! I didn't criticize your post, I threw my $.02 in. There's really no surprise your world involves therapy with the defense you throw up. I'm not here to name call, I read to educate myself and enjoy the differing opinions of others who care for the Scarlet and Cream. Sorry if I offended.

You did acknowledge the circumstances both coaches faced were different, but you said Frank had a better record than Devaney when he was fired, is that correct? Frank's career record was 58-19 (.753) and Devaney at NU was 101-20 (.829). FACT: Devaney won a higher percentage than Frank. The point I was making is that Devaney put a school on the map that was below .500 the previous 6 years. He won Big 8 titles 4 of his first 5 years. Frank got to the NC game once and was blown out. He ended the record streak of 9 win seasons. Do you believe a change was due? Would you have given Frank and the staff 4 or 5 more years? I believe NU is one of the top 10 programs in the nation, and I don't think Frank is one of the top 10 coaches in the nation. Whether BC is or not remains to be seen. I'm at least willing to give him a chance for another two or three years.

Finally indiana, if you're correct grammer and teach English, learn to spell argument first.

Hoya, perhaps you should read posts before criticizing them.

I believe I did acknowledge (sorry, you may have to look that one up) the fact Devaney came in under different circumstances.

Second, while I proved Solich did recruit relatively well, I also acknowledged the fact Cally had a superb class this year. However, one great recruiting class does not a great team make (sorry, felt kinda like Yoda there).

I never disagreed with the whole "Solich isn't a great coach because he wasn't picked up right away" thingy (note the grammar there! ;) ) per se. I don't know why he wasn't picked up. We are all entitled to our opinions. That's why I am not going to argue with you anymore, you cannot even use correct grammar to point out someone else's TYPO. :rollin

Dog, if you didn't grasp the sarcasm with my last line, I appollogise! I didn't criticize your post, I threw my $.02 in. There's really no surprise your world involves therapy with the defense you throw up. I'm not here to name call, I read to educate myself and enjoy the differing opinions of others who care for the Scarlet and Cream. Sorry if I offended.

You did acknowledge the circumstances both coaches faced were different, but you said Frank had a better record than Devaney when he was fired, is that correct? Frank's career record was 58-19 (.753) and Devaney at NU was 101-20 (.829). FACT: Devaney won a higher percentage than Frank. The point I was making is that Devaney put a school on the map that was below .500 the previous 6 years. He won Big 8 titles 4 of his first 5 years. Frank got to the NC game once and was blown out. He ended the record streak of 9 win seasons. Do you believe a change was due? Would you have given Frank and the staff 4 or 5 more years? I believe NU is one of the top 10 programs in the nation, and I don't think Frank is one of the top 10 coaches in the nation. Whether BC is or not remains to be seen. I'm at least willing to give him a chance for another two or three years.

I apologize, too...I jumped to conclusions! I do that sometimes...sorry if I offended you as well! (My therapist thanks you, too... ;) )

You have a valid point...however, I am talking about Solich's first 5 years compared to Devaney's first 5. Although, you do make a very strong point about where Devaney took the team from where it was. I still think Frank was a pretty good coach. You don't. You have some good points to base your opinion on. I TOTALLY respect that!!!!!!!

In my opinion, if Frankie had been given the chance (probably not 4-5 years, more like 2-3) he may have done what the Bobfather did.

The point is, we will never know. Yes, I was willing to give Frankie more time.

That said, I fully support Cally...I think he has the potential to do great things!

P.S. Did ya see my not about sometimes arguing just to argue? I'm bad about that!

One thing I think we all agree on...the Big Red is headed UP, and we love 'em!

Go Big Red!

I apologize, too...I jumped to conclusions! I do that sometimes...sorry if I offended you as well! (My therapist thanks you, too... ;) )

You have a valid point...however, I am talking about Solich's first 5 years compared to Devaney's first 5. Although, you do make a very strong point about where Devaney took the team from where it was. I still think Frank was a pretty good coach. You don't. You have some good points to base your opinion on. I TOTALLY respect that!!!!!!!

In my opinion, if Frankie had been given the chance (probably not 4-5 years, more like 2-3) he may have done what the Bobfather did.

The point is, we will never know. Yes, I was willing to give Frankie more time.

That said, I fully support Cally...I think he has the potential to do great things!

P.S. Did ya see my not about sometimes arguing just to argue? I'm bad about that!

One thing I think we all agree on...the Big Red is headed UP, and we love 'em!

Go Big Red!

:cheers

I honestly hope Frank sees nothing but success at Ohio. I hated the way he was fired. And maybe my dislike comes because I went to every home game during 94-97 and got spoiled. But I just didn't see him succeeding because it didn't seem he was bringing the right talent in and the top kids around the country never seemed to be interested in the offense.

And I totally understand about the love of a good argument. That's why my wife and I needed a house with 3 stories! ;)

And I totally understand about the love of a good argument. That's why my wife and I needed a house with 3 stories! ;)

I hear ya on that one...I have to have somewhere to go when I lose all of those arguments...

:rollin

Oh, and just for the sake of it, IMO you are right about recruiting (I was just arguing, lol). While Frankie brought in some good classes, I think his major problem was depth, or lack thereof. While he did have some talent, he didn't do enough to develop the backups. I was hoping the new staff would help out with that one.

I think Callahan will develop some depth. I still LOVE his offense, especially with a QB to get open recievers the ball!!!!!!!!!!

Wow..... this thing really changed gears. i cant really say that i agree or disagree that FS would have failed or prevailed, his last year was a step in the right direction, but going from an assistant to head coach must have been a major change, plus the massive pressure he was put under. IMO after the depature of TO there was going to be some rought years ahead, seems like there always is with coaching changes, IMO FS was as much a victim of circumstance, whether he would come around or not, that we will never know. as far as BC goes as of yet i dont seem him as a top 10 coach, ill be needing some proof for that, not saying he cant be, but prove it, the way he stands now hes lookin kinda average. im basing that on his colligate head coaching career that i am aware of, because IMO colligate and professional sports are a whole different thing.

Wow..... this thing really changed gears. i cant really say that i agree or disagree that FS would have failed or prevailed, his last year was a step in the right direction, but going from an assistant to head coach must have been a major change, plus the massive pressure he was put under. IMO after the depature of TO there was going to be some rought years ahead, seems like there always is with coaching changes, IMO FS was as much a victim of circumstance, whether he would come around or not, that we will never know. as far as BC goes as of yet i dont seem him as a top 10 coach, ill be needing some proof for that, not saying he cant be, but prove it, the way he stands now hes lookin kinda average. im basing that on his colligate head coaching career that i am aware of, because IMO colligate and professional sports are a whole different thing.

I do agree about Frank being the victim of circumstance. And you're right, college and pro are two completely different things. For every Pete Carroll there's a Bill Walsh.

One great thing that BC has on his side is the ability to lure the big time recruit. Getting Lucky, Jackson, Suh, Beck and Brooks out of their home states is incredible, and hopefully he can keep it up. I think Frank Solich is a better coach than Mack Brown to be honest, but look what Brown has going down in Texas. He gets the most talent in there each year and is winning left and right. I think if Frank could have gotten the talent he'd still be here. Franchione is doing nice things at ATM, and everyone's aware of Stoops. Looking at the North, nobody is putting talent together like NU. If we keep getting top talent for the next few years we'll own the North and just have to get by UT or OU each year to play in a BCS bowl. Texas is proof that talent alone can win a game; look at them last year against KState and KU. Our problem has been that we couldn't put better players on the field in the past few years than our competition. When we're able to do that again, we'll be a force.

Sorry, i was afk for awhile, and i missed my chance to put up some facts.

1. The current power teams in college football, USC, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Texas, Michigan, and Florida State all consistanly get highly ranked recruiting classes. (and by highly ranked I mean higher than 21, or 24, or whatever you consider a great Solich class)

2. Devaney took over a talentless team with almost no tradition and built them into a dyanasty. Frank took a dynasty and turned them into a mediocre football team that, after all of TO's recruits had left, went 16 and 10 while playing in a weak big twelve north.

3. Jammal Lord could not throw, and you have a point that we couldnt be two dimensional with him at the helm, but then again Frank recruited him and Joe after saying that more emphasis was going to be put on the pass.

4. Big schools like Florida, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Washington, and the rest do not go, lets see who applied for head coach today. They actively pursue coaches and make offers to coaches, some of which are still employed else where who technically cannot express intrest unless the school contacts the current place of employment and gets permission. None of these schools hired Frank, which means either they had zero interest in him, or the contacted him and he applied and did not get the job in favor of someone better.

5. It is true that we recruited to a system so we could not go out and get the big name wide outs and tight ends. But where are our I backs, dual threat quarterbacks, and defenses period. Horne was the only highly regarded i back we got under Solich, and he was from Nebraska. Dukes was the only quarterback, and he was a bust. Demorrio was a good recruit, and Fabian, and Rude, but three impact players in probably about 40 or 50 defensive recruits is hardly a jaw dropping amount. Frank couldn't recruit, he couldn't coach in today's game, and he doesn't belong as the head coach of Nebraska. That being said, I wish him all of the luck in the world and I hope he proves me wrong.