Greetings from Blacksburg, Va.

Hey Huskers, just another Hokie here stopping by to introduce myself. I'm really looking forward to having you guys in Blacksburg in September, it's a great college town and a GREAT place to soak in a fall Saturday. Here's to some good football talk over the next few months and a game that lives up to the two programs. Any questions, just let me know. The one thing I never get tired of talking about is football, but specifically the HOKIES! Congrats on your bowl win,

-nativeVAhokie

As a Tiger who's visited VT, my advice is to go if you have the chance...

It's a beautiful part of the world. Also, make sure you get a turkey leg at the game.

Killer Cacti, glad you enjoyed Blacksburg. Isn't it ironic that we sell turkey legs at the games??? Too bad there is no Clemson-VT regular season game this year either. ACC championship?

It's a beautiful part of the world. Also, make sure you get a turkey leg at the game.

Killer Cacti, glad you enjoyed Blacksburg. Isn't it ironic that we sell turkey legs at the games??? Too bad there is no Clemson-VT regular season game this year either. ACC championship?

Haha. Too bad for yall there isn't a Clemson-VT regular season game. Those usually haven't turned out so well for us...

I'm going into this season with low expectations. Last year I was so pumped up for the Bama game, and it just killed me that we lost the way we did. So this year, I'm going in with the attitude of being happy for every win no matter what. I'd love to make it to the ACC championship, but I'm really not counting on it. I've learned to be a Clemson fan... :dunno

In all seriousness though, I loved Blacksburg and the turkey legs at the games, irony and all. Next time the Hokies are scheduled, I will make sure that I'm in attendance no matter if its in Clemson, in Blacksburg, or at the Championship game.

Haha. Too bad for yall there isn't a Clemson-VT regular season game. Those usually haven't turned out so well for us...

I'm going into this season with low expectations. Last year I was so pumped up for the Bama game, and it just killed me that we lost the way we did. So this year, I'm going in with the attitude of being happy for every win no matter what. I'd love to make it to the ACC championship, but I'm really not counting on it. I've learned to be a Clemson fan... :dunno

In all seriousness though, I loved Blacksburg and the turkey legs at the games, irony and all. Next time the Hokies are scheduled, I will make sure that I'm in attendance no matter if its in Clemson, in Blacksburg, or at the Championship game.

Turkey legs? That sounds unbelievably cool. All we serve for food at the games is Valentino's pizza (probably has something to do with nostalgia, considering the first Valentino's was founded in Lincoln.

Hokieluv, grab me a turkey leg and express ship it to Lincoln.

Turkey legs? That sounds unbelievably cool. All we serve for food at the games is Valentino's pizza (probably has something to do with nostalgia, considering the first Valentino's was founded in Lincoln.

Haha. Yes, those turkey legs are great - as you can see even the Clemson fans like 'em. My favorite at Memorial Stadium back in September was that that thing I can not remember what is was called... Shoot! We were in the NU section and the locals made me eat it - supposed to be a big Nebraska thing. It was awesome!!! I must have had 100 NU fans watch me take the first bite! Kind of like a hot dog but more meat! I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about.

No offense to the turkey legs, but I'll take Valentino's and Runzas over turkey legs any day.

I'd offer you something from Phoenix in return, but I can't think of anything here you can't get in Lincoln.

No offense to the turkey legs, but I'll take Valentino's and Runzas over turkey legs any day.

I'd offer you something from Phoenix in return, but I can't think of anything here you can't get in Lincoln.

Runzas - that's it! Good stuff. Turkey legs are best consumed at Lane Stadium in the fall. I'm sure the Huskers that make the trek to VA in the fall will get the chance to try it like we tried the Runzas in Lincoln.

Hokieluv...

How is your Defensive line looking for next year? We already know we will have to be able to move the ball on the ground to control the clock and keep it out of Taylor's hands. Also, how is his throwing arm coming along?

glm09, I think our defense will be strong and the d-line stronger than last year. I think we will miss Macho Harris the most on D, but there are several other playmakers in the backfield. I assume your offense will be stronger this upcoming year, but that your running game needs to be able to improve given you will have a young QB (especially early in the seaon on the road). Running on us will probably be tough, but if you have a balanced offense I am confident that NU will move the ball on just about anyone next fall. As for TT's passing game. Not sure how this offseason is going, but he did improve his passing later in the season, which I personally think can be attributed to the WRs getting better (mostly freshmen). I hope we can rely a little more on his arm this fall. I think a lot of Hokies will keep a close eye on the Huskers in the first two games to see how your offense improves. I'm excited about the Bama opener as well, but I guess the great time we had in Lincoln last year makes me extra excited about having you all in Lane Stadium.

Hokieluv...

How is your Defensive line looking for next year? We already know we will have to be able to move the ball on the ground to control the clock and keep it out of Taylor's hands. Also, how is his throwing arm coming along?

glm09, I think our defense will be strong and the d-line stronger than last year. I think we will miss Macho Harris the most on D, but there are several other playmakers in the backfield. I assume your offense will be stronger this upcoming year, but that your running game needs to be able to improve given you will have a young QB (especially early in the seaon on the road). Running on us will probably be tough, but if you have a balanced offense I am confident that NU will move the ball on just about anyone next fall. As for TT's passing game. Not sure how this offseason is going, but he did improve his passing later in the season, which I personally think can be attributed to the WRs getting better (mostly freshmen). I hope we can rely a little more on his arm this fall. I think a lot of Hokies will keep a close eye on the Huskers in the first two games to see how your offense improves. I'm excited about the Bama opener as well, but I guess the great time we had in Lincoln last year makes me extra excited about having you all in Lane Stadium.

Our offense might actually have some trouble moving against VaTech. Our QB from last year graduated and we have to break in a new starter this year. Granted he will have a couple of games to get into the swing of things, but VaTech will be the first big team/big time game he plays in so it will be interesting to see what he is able to do (depending on who our new starter is).

This might be one of those defensive/low scoring games. Nebraska, under Bo Pelini, is taking a new approach to the game as opposed to the rest of the B12. Most B12 teams are going heavy offense, but Bo is trying to get a top rated defense going, so I expect a close game that could go either way depending on who makes enough plays. My final score is something like 24-17, but as far as who gets 24 and who gets 17 I'm still having trouble deciding.