Early Two-Deep for 2009?

JTrain

So you don't think Paul or Dennard will be KR's?

Paul isn't as dynamic on KO's as some would think. He'll pop a good one here and there which helps his numbers, but overall, he doesn't do that much for field position.

Plus you don't want to put a starting WR back there either unless you have a Jeremy Maclin-esque game breaker.

I'd want Dennard to concentrate solely on CB and nothing else. Dude has a chance to be special. Really special.

---

And for the poster above me that asked about Mike Smith -- honestly, Mike should trim down 20lbs and be a BDE. Dude is entirely too weak to be protecting our QBs blindside. He's athletic getting to the boundaries when he pulls and in pass protection, but it means very little when he doesn't have the strength to lock on and blow a defender up.

Honestly, Smith is a below average or average at best LT because of this. Kid has to get stronger or I'm absolutely worried about him protecting a new QBs blindside.

Marcel is actually Mike Smith with the strength. Big, strong and agile. The only thing Marcel doesn't have is the experience.

Hey Big W...always enjoy your posts. whats your thoughts on Crick? I seem to recall he was getting some props for his strength and conditioning, depth on the DL will be sound if he and Baker create the competition needed to push em both farther.

Also does Fahy have anything, age can be big in CFB?

Thoughts on Choi the korean OLineman, couldnt he be a defensive tackle ?

Hey Big W...always enjoy your posts. whats your thoughts on Crick? I seem to recall he was getting some props for his strength and conditioning, depth on the DL will be sound if he and Baker create the competition needed to push em both farther.

Crick scares the bejeebus out of me. Kids should not have arms that big. Dude is literally built like a power lifter and not a football player. The only problem with Crick is consistency.

You mean Tyrone Fahie? He's a nice story, but just not much of a player. If/When Ankrah gets here it will knock him down even further on the DC.

Choi? Have not heard a peep about that kid. Sorry.

Here are a few thoughts from OWH on the O-line:

8:45 a.m.: The confirmation by head coach Bo Pelini that Andy Christensen is going through winter conditioning and will play next season brings about a question of where he fits on the Nebraska offensive line.

Without Christensen, juniors-to-be Keith Williams and Ricky Henry would have appeared to be the No. 1 guards going into spring practice. If that doesn't change, Christensen at least gives the Huskers a solid third guard who can play either side and has made 11 career starts.

Also, NU has dabbled with Christensen at center in the past and could develop some depth there behind Jacob Hickman.

Nebraska heads into the spring with Mike Smith, Jaivorio Burkes and Marcel Jones at tackle. So assistant coach Barney Cotton has a nice group of seven linemen to anchor things.

Two to watch: Redshirt freshman Brandon Thompson earned the praise and respect of NU defensive linemen while working the scout team last fall, and Kansas State transfer Derek Meyer becomes eligible after sitting his mandatory year.

QB Pat Witt / Zach Lee

RB Roy Helu / Quentin Castille

WR Niles Paul / Curenski Gilleylen

WR Meno Holt / Steven Osborne

WR Brandon Kinnie / Tim Marlowe ( I see them trying to get Marlowe the ball )

TE Mike McNeill / Ben Cotton or Kyler Reed ( might end up staying on offense from what I have heard )

LT Marcel Jones / Mike Smith ( I agree with Willie about MS should move to BE, good idea )

LG Keith Williams / Andy Christiansen

OC Jacob Hickman / Mike Caputo ( Andy C could also push JH at center )

RG Ricky Henry / Derek Meyer

RT Jai Burkes / Brandon Thompson ( Burkes could end up a big time player for us )

BLACKSHIRTS

BE Pierre Allen / Cam Meredith ( I bet Meredith sees a lot of PT this year )

OE Barry Turner / Josh Williams ( Williams has put on the weight from what I have heard )

NT Ndamukong Suh / Terrence Moore / Quentin Toailoa ( QTs development should be interesting, I also like Moore )

DT Baker Steinkuhler / Jared Crick ( I can't wait to watch Baker

SB Sean Fisher / ?????? ( Kyler Reed could end up at LB though )

MB Phil Dillard / Will Compton

WB Alonzo Whaley / Blake Lawrence

CB Toughest to project IMO, so much good potential from a lot of them, so Im gonna list the lineup I want

CB Anthony Blue / Alfonzo Dennard

CB Dejon Gomes / Prince Amukumara

NB Eric Hagg / A West

SS Larry Asante / Courtney Osborne

FS Rickey Thenarse / PJ Smith

Crick scares the bejeebus out of me. Kids should not have arms that big. Dude is literally built like a power lifter and not a football player. The only problem with Crick is consistency.

You mean Tyrone Fahie? He's a nice story, but just not much of a player. If/When Ankrah gets here it will knock him down even further on the DC.

I find you leaving off Andy C. from the Guards a bit odd. You don't think he will be able to contribute again?

I find you leaving off Andy C. from the Guards a bit odd. You don't think he will be able to contribute again?

Andy is too stupid and will find a way to get kicked off the team. Why he has been let back more than once now is still a mystery to me.