LB Victor Burnett

per ESPN: "Oklahoma, Oregon State and West Virginia were my most recent ones," Burnett said. "That offer from Oklahoma was a big one and I definitely plan to take an official visit there. I want to take all five and I'm hoping by the end of the summer, I'll have my list narrowed down but I for sure will visit the Sooners...."I'm going to take some unofficial visits this summer as well. I want to try and get out to Arizona, Arizona State and Cal and I'm camping with USC in two weeks. I also went to UCLA's summer camp a couple of weeks ago and that was a lot of fun."

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

That first weekend of September is shaping up to be a huge one for Washington. The Huskies will be tripping in several players for official visits including Culver City (Calif.) linebacker Victor Burnett.

Burnett is a true inside linebacker and a tackling machine. He is always around the ball and has surprising athleticism.

"I set up my visit with Washington for (Sept. 4)," Burnett said. "The coaches there have been recruiting me harder than anyone and I really like the staff a lot. I haven't set up any other visits but I know where my next three will be.

"I'm going to visit Oklahoma, Nebraska and Tennessee and I'm excited about all three schools. I've heard a lot about the game atmosphere at each of the schools and everyone I've talked with said it's just crazy there, especially Nebraska. I'm going to keep that 5th visit open for now and just see how the season plays out for me."

• 3 weeks later...

California linebacker Victor Burnett says Washington is recruiting him the hardest. “I like the new coaches there,” Burnett said. “They are younger and I know they’ll turn it around. They are real high intensity. Plus, they are getting some great recruits in. I really like coach Demetrice Martin. I have a very good relationship with him. He’s definitely made me more interested in U-Dub..."

per Scout: Culver City (Calif.) linebacker, Victor Burnett, is sitting on some big offers including offers from Tennessee, Oklahoma, Cal, Washington, Arizona and Arizona State. Still, the Huskers have been “keeping up with the Jones” and have been doing a good job recruiting Burnett. Burnett says that he would like to take an official visit to see Nebraska.

per Scout: Culver City (Calif.) linebacker, Victor Burnett, is sitting on some big offers including offers from Tennessee, Oklahoma, Cal, Washington, Arizona and Arizona State. Still, the Huskers have been “keeping up with the Jones” and have been doing a good job recruiting Burnett. Burnett says that he would like to take an official visit to see Nebraska.

Well that's some good news anyway, if we can get him in for a game anything can happen.

I would love to have Burnett, so don't get me wrong. But does it seem like we are recruiting a lot of middle linebackers and not a lot of outside to anyone else? We already have Compton and now Martin playing MIKE and we have Fisher (frosh) May (soph) Whaley (frosh) Kreikemier (frosh) as the younger guys playing outside which doesn't seem all that impressive to me especially depth wise.

I would love to have Burnett, so don't get me wrong. But does it seem like we are recruiting a lot of middle linebackers and not a lot of outside to anyone else? We already have Compton and now Martin playing MIKE and we have Fisher (frosh) May (soph) Whaley (frosh) Kreikemier (frosh) as the younger guys playing outside which doesn't seem all that impressive to me especially depth wise.

I think some will move positions when it is all said and done, the fast ones end up at WILL and I think some could also play the BUCK if they have the length needed to cover TE's. I also think that Bo would prefer to convert Safeties for the WILL spot. They are recruiting Tommie Saunders to play LB, he is listed as a Safety on the sites though. Tommie is a very good player and would make a great addition as would Victor Burnett.

• 3 weeks later...

Scout: Washington's game versus LSU wasn't just important from a perception standpoint with fans and college football pundits across the country, it has also elevated their status with recruits, especially those in attendance on Saturday. Culver City (Ca.) LB Victor Burnett was one of six official visitors for the game and he came away even more impressed with them than he already was...

Scout: Washington's game versus LSU wasn't just important from a perception standpoint with fans and college football pundits across the country, it has also elevated their status with recruits, especially those in attendance on Saturday. Culver City (Ca.) LB Victor Burnett was one of six official visitors for the game and he came away even more impressed with them than he already was...

I saw some of that game Sat. night, and while the place was getting pretty rowdy in the first half, it died down a whole bunch in the second half.

Culver City (Calif.) linebacker Victor Burnett returned home Sunday night from his official visit to Washington and although he said he was never tempted to commit on his trip, the Huskies definitely moved up his list.

Burnett is a talented linebacker prospect and one of the best true inside 'backers in the region. He's on pace to break all the Culver City tackling records set by former UCLA All-American and NFL All-Pro Carnell Lake.

"I really had a great time at Washington," Burnett said. "The game atmosphere was incredible, it was pretty crazy there. I think the thing that really stood out though was the team camaraderie. All the players really get along well and you can tell the coaches are going to turn the program around pretty quick.

"I was never really tempted to commit only because going in to the visit, my mind was set on taking all my visits. So I was never really thinking that way. Still Washington really moved up on my list a lot and they're definitely one of my top schools right now."

Burnett said he hasn't set up any other visits yet but does have a good idea where he'll take his next couple of trips.

"I want to take all my visits and I'm in the process of setting a visit with Oklahoma and also with Arizona. I definitely want to take all five but I'm not sure about those last two right now. Tennessee is a favorite of mine and I like West Virginia, Oregon State and a few others as well.

"This is going to be a really hard choice for me and I plan to take my time. I mean, it's tough just figuring out who to visit so I know it's going to be tough to figure out what school to commit to."

no mention of Nebraska

Culver City (Calif.) linebacker Victor Burnett returned home Sunday night from his official visit to Washington and although he said he was never tempted to commit on his trip, the Huskies definitely moved up his list.

Burnett is a talented linebacker prospect and one of the best true inside 'backers in the region. He's on pace to break all the Culver City tackling records set by former UCLA All-American and NFL All-Pro Carnell Lake.

"I really had a great time at Washington," Burnett said. "The game atmosphere was incredible, it was pretty crazy there. I think the thing that really stood out though was the team camaraderie. All the players really get along well and you can tell the coaches are going to turn the program around pretty quick.

"I was never really tempted to commit only because going in to the visit, my mind was set on taking all my visits. So I was never really thinking that way. Still Washington really moved up on my list a lot and they're definitely one of my top schools right now."

Burnett said he hasn't set up any other visits yet but does have a good idea where he'll take his next couple of trips.

"I want to take all my visits and I'm in the process of setting a visit with Oklahoma and also with Arizona. I definitely want to take all five but I'm not sure about those last two right now. Tennessee is a favorite of mine and I like West Virginia, Oregon State and a few others as well.

"This is going to be a really hard choice for me and I plan to take my time. I mean, it's tough just figuring out who to visit so I know it's going to be tough to figure out what school to commit to."

no mention of Nebraska

:wtf

Scout: Although Victor Burnett doesn’t have any other official visits scheduled yet, he says he’ll visit Oklahoma and Arizona for sure. “Oklahoma is a great program,” Burnett said. “I like coach Brent Venables a lot. I have a great relationship with him. I love how they are just a big-time program. I also want to visit Arizona. They were the first school to offer me and have been after me since..."

• 3 weeks later...