LB Victor Burnett

Ive seen his name resurface once again with Nebraska name being mention...

Has he set a visit with Nebraska yet?

Not AFAIK. He has visited Washington, has Arizona coming up and will probably visit Oklahoma for KSU game. Says it's between Nebraska, West Virginia, and Tenn for the last 2 visits. Would probably come for the Oklahoma game.

Linebacker Victor Burnett (Culver City, Calif./Culver City) has set up two more official visits, but needs to make a decision on what his final two will be.

Burnett is a true inside linebacker and a four-year starter for the Centaurs. He had an amazing 182 tackles as a junior.

On the recruiting front, Burnett has already visited Washington and will take two more trips later this month.

"I have Arizona set for (Oct. 16) and Oklahoma for (Oct. 30)," Burnett said. "I'm definitely planning to take all five of my trips, but I haven't decided on where those last two visits will be yet.

"I'm considering West Virginia, Nebraska and Arizona State for the last two trips. Right now, I really don't know where I'm going, I like all three schools and they have all been recruiting me really hard this whole year."

Burnett said he's still open among his favorites and doesn't have a leader at the moment.

"Everyone is even right now," Burnett said. "Once I take my visits, I'll have a better idea of where I'll fit in best. Until then, I really can't compare any of the schools because I haven't seen them all. I love it at Washington but I think I'll probably love all my visits so it's going to be a really tough decision for me."

• 2 weeks later...

Victor Burnett will be visiting Arizona this weekend. “They play Stanford and it should be very competitive,” Burnett said. “I’m looking forward to seeing how they do against their running back (Toby Gerhart). “I’m also eager to talk to some of the players, even some of the guys who aren’t starting and see what they think. Burnett is being recruited by Wildcats assistant Mike Tuiasosopo.

Victor Burnett will be visiting Arizona this weekend. “They play Stanford and it should be very competitive,” Burnett said. “I’m looking forward to seeing how they do against their running back (Toby Gerhart). “I’m also eager to talk to some of the players, even some of the guys who aren’t starting and see what they think. Burnett is being recruited by Wildcats assistant Mike Tuiasosopo.

well soo much for that......

• 2 weeks later...

Linebacker Victor Burnett (Culver City, Calif./Culver City) took his second official visit of the year this past weekend to Oklahoma. Burnett had earlier visited Washington.

"It was an interesting trip and I liked it a lot," Burnett said. "It's a little slower pace there, but it was cool and I had a really good time. The stadium, indoor and outdoor facilities and locker room are all just a walk away from each other. The food was great and everyone treated me very well.

"I love the defense and think it's a great fit for me. They want me to play the Mike 'backer and I just like the look of being covered up in their 4-3 scheme, especially with the talent they always have at defensive line."

Burnett compared the visit with his earlier one to Seattle.

"They were both great and I was comfortable at both places," Burnett said. "I think one big difference was I felt more in sync with the whole Washington coaching staff. I got to know them all really well and the whole staff was a lot more involved with the players and recruits."

Burnett is headed for his third official visit this weekend and still plans to take all five of his trips.

"I'm going to Arizona this weekend," Burnett said. "I want to take all five trips but I haven't set the last two yet. I'm looking at Nebraska, West Virginia, Arizona State and Oregon State. I think after this trip, I'll have a good idea of what I want to do, but I still plan to take my other visits before I commit anywhere."

Culver City (Calif.) linebacker Victor Burnett has already visited Washington and Oklahoma and checked out Arizona this past weekend.

"Everything about the visit was good," Burnett said. "They have a great team, the facilities are amazing and I love the coaching staff. That whole staff is very intense, Coach Stoops and the rest of the guys can really get after it and I love that.

"Trevor Erno was my host and we're real close. He played at Lakewood (Calif.) and we've been real cool with each other for a long time. Arizona was my first offer this year so they have always had a soft place in my heart and this visit helped out a lot."

Burnett compared Arizona with his previous two visits.

"It was kind of combination of both earlier visits," Burnett said. "I want to play for a strong program and Arizona and Oklahoma are both very good. At the same time, I want to feel that connection with the coaching staff and I felt that at Arizona like I did at Washington.

"Washington still really stands out from that standpoint because I really bonded with the whole staff. At Arizona, I got to do that with three or four coaches and I didn't really connect with anyone at Oklahoma the way I did with Arizona and Washington.

"I still plan to take my last two visits before I make my decision. Nebraska, West Virginia, Arizona State and Oregon State are the schools I'm looking at for my last two visits."

Washington picked up a big commitment from one of the state's top linebackers Sunday. Victor Burnett (Culver City, Calif./Culver City) took official visits to Washington, Oklahoma and Arizona before committing to the Huskies.

"I just bonded the best with the coaching staff there and that was a big deal for me," Burnett said. "They're such an intense staff and that stood out to me. I've seen a lot of improvement and progression this year with the team and I think the coaches will be able to get the most out of me as a player and person.

"I like the style of the defense they play and I'll also have a chance to play early and compete for a spot next season. I like the Pac-10 and Washington is a good academic school as well, so it's just a great overall fit for me and where I was most comfortable."

Burnett said he originally planned to take all five of his visits, but will not take his last two and is a solid commit to the Huskies.

Washington picked up a big commitment from one of the state's top linebackers Sunday. Victor Burnett (Culver City, Calif./Culver City) took official visits to Washington, Oklahoma and Arizona before committing to the Huskies.

"I just bonded the best with the coaching staff there and that was a big deal for me," Burnett said. "They're such an intense staff and that stood out to me. I've seen a lot of improvement and progression this year with the team and I think the coaches will be able to get the most out of me as a player and person.

"I like the style of the defense they play and I'll also have a chance to play early and compete for a spot next season. I like the Pac-10 and Washington is a good academic school as well, so it's just a great overall fit for me and where I was most comfortable."

Burnett said he originally planned to take all five of his visits, but will not take his last two and is a solid commit to the Huskies.

In the article posted on rivals, he says he still plans to take his last two visits.

Quote:

"So I chose Washington over those two, but I'm still taking two more trips to Oregon State on January 15th and probably Nebraska. I'm only going to take those two trips just to make sure I'm making the right decision."