QBs

glm09

I agree with Jen, Cody is the ideal Pellini/Watson prototype. As to what is a dual threat QB, thats a whole nuther story. I think 20+ years of Option football has colored the way we look at running threats. After seeing a guy like Crouch break into the open field, it's hard to appreciate anything less.

I however wouldn't be suprised to see this staff take a great QB talent that doesn't perfectly match the system as we've already seen that they can tailor the offense to fit the skills. This fits Watson's MO at CU and certainly last year at Nu. This flexibility is absolutely neccesary in college football as you don't have the luxury of free agency and the guy you recruit may not pan out as hoped.

I think it's important to realize that Cody Green isn't really a "dual threat" quarterback. The coaches, and those that have played with him before, characterize him as a passer first that can run if he absolutely needs to. We need guys like that who are actually pro-type passers but can extend plays out of the pocket if they need to. I'm not saying he can't burn people with his legs and isn't a good runner, but he is still a much better passer than a runner.

:nanalama

Actually Cody Green is the ideal dual threat QB that Bo and Shawn both want.

In other words: A QB that passes for 3,000+ yards while running for a 1,000+ yards...

There isn't a college coach in the entire nation that wouldn't want a Cody Green type QB.

And for you to say that Cody Green isn't a "dual-threat" type QB makes me wonder if you really understand what: 1) dual threat really means and 2) whether you know what Bo and Shawn are really looking for.

:yeah You my friend are crazy if you don't think he is a duel threat QB. Go back and watch is highlight videos.

• 1 month later...

I think it's important to realize that Cody Green isn't really a "dual threat" quarterback. The coaches, and those that have played with him before, characterize him as a passer first that can run if he absolutely needs to. We need guys like that who are actually pro-type passers but can extend plays out of the pocket if they need to. I'm not saying he can't burn people with his legs and isn't a good runner, but he is still a much better passer than a runner.

In other words: A QB that passes for 3,000+ yards while running for a 1,000+ yards...

There isn't a college coach in the entire nation that wouldn't want a Cody Green type QB.

And for you to say that Cody Green isn't a "dual-threat" type QB makes me wonder if you really understand what: 1) dual threat really means and 2) whether you know what Bo and Shawn are really looking for.

:yeah You my friend are crazy if you don't think he is a duel threat QB. Go back and watch is highlight videos.

i have watched some of the qb,s that nu want., and they have commited to other schools. i am still not convinced the penili will be the answer,,,but think he will be better than frank solich.....everyone thinks that every decision that osborn makes is gold..but that is not true....i respect dr osborn,,he is a great man, smart, and gets all my respect, but the hiring of frank solich was a blunder by coach osborn...osborn talked highly of solich,,,but i thought it was a very bad move.

i have watched some of the qb,s that nu want., and they have commited to other schools. i am still not convinced the penili will be the answer,,,but think he will be better than frank solich.....everyone thinks that every decision that osborn makes is gold..but that is not true....i respect dr osborn,,he is a great man, smart, and gets all my respect, but the hiring of frank solich was a blunder by coach osborn...osborn talked highly of solich,,,but i thought it was a very bad move. its really odd what has been happening at nu in the past...callahan actually recruited some good classes,,but did not produce......time will tell.

I'm sorry, but I stoped reading you're post when you spelled Osborne " Osborn" . What true Husker fan does not know how to spell Tom Osborne's name correctly?

Apparently we are not going to a more dual threat type of QB after all.

The types of QB's the Husker coaches are recruiting tend to be dual threat.

Although, they will recruit and offer a "pro-style" QB if they see on film that he has great quickness and can move/buy time in the pocket. For example, Texas QB Colt McCoy is considered a "drop-back" passer but he has the speed and quickness to run the zone read option game.

i have watched some of the qb,s that nu want., and they have commited to other schools. i am still not convinced the penili will be the answer,,,but think he will be better than frank solich.....everyone thinks that every decision that osborn makes is gold..but that is not true....i respect dr osborn,,he is a great man, smart, and gets all my respect, but the hiring of frank solich was a blunder by coach osborn...osborn talked highly of solich,,,but i thought it was a very bad move.

:facepalm:

:rant

I understand this is a message board, but for pete's sake could you at least attempt to spell correctly, use proper capitalization, proper syntax and punctuation?

1. It's Osborne, not osborn.

2. Doctor is a professional title and when the word is abrreviated it should look like this: Dr.

3. It's Pelini, not penili.

4. In a sentence, subjects and verbs must agree in number and tense.

I'm not even going to address the absurdities contained in your post.

I understand this is a message board, but for pete's sake could you at least attempt to spell correctly, use proper capitalization, proper syntax and punctuation?

2. Doctor is a professional title and when the word is abrreviated it should look like this: Dr.

:yeah

I think that covers that.

:yeah

I think that covers that.

sorry for bad spelling, i did not believe i would be tested . give me a break, i hated english, literature, etc, love math and science.

dr osborne started the demise of nu football greatness with the hiring of solich, and has never regained the greatness it once had. i was very disappointed in that hire, and every kid outside nebraska that nu was interested in, the kid would say, who is solich. today when you hire a coach, they should be well known, and most important have the ability to recruit. there are some that say nu will never return to the greatness it once had, due to the limited number of players that each team can have on scholarships

Schollie limits didn't just start last year. That issue has been present through 3 NU national championships. Last I checked those limits also apply to UF, USC, UT etc.

Good coaching and institutional support goes a long way toward building a national powerhouse like NU.

The Big Red is riseing again my friend.

Schollie limits didn't just start last year. That issue has been present through 3 NU national championships. Last I checked those limits also apply to UF, USC, UT etc.

Good coaching and institutional support goes a long way toward building a national powerhouse like NU.

The Big Red is riseing again my friend.

hopefully true..lot of nu followers in the stickerpatch,az.