Question about 2009 Recruiting Class

So it appears, unless I missed something, all of the members of the 2009 recruiting class are listed on the official 2009 roster NU posted. Does this mean that all of them qualified, or do we have to wait until August to know for sure? If there is a chance they won't qualify, why list them on the official team roster?

So it appears, unless I missed something, all of the members of the 2009 recruiting class are listed on the official 2009 roster NU posted. Does this mean that all of them qualified, or do we have to wait until August to know for sure? If there is a chance they won't qualify, why list them on the official team roster?

It is too early to tell who did and who did not qualify --- some are hoping for a good summer school to make it. So... August is about the time you will hear about some of those who are questionable. I understand that 3 players are at risk --- all three among the most highly recruited 6 or 8 in the class. Hopefully they make it --- we'll have to wait to see.

It is too early to tell who did and who did not qualify --- some are hoping for a good summer school to make it. So... August is about the time you will hear about some of those who are questionable. I understand that 3 players are at risk --- all three among the most highly recruited 6 or 8 in the class. Hopefully they make it --- we'll have to wait to see.

Then why list them on the roster? Why not wait until you know for sure?

care to share the 3 you are thinking of? and why they are the most in danger?

Sure. I certainly have no insider info --- all I am reporting is that there have been on Rivals and others writing about these three players and people posting here and on other boards --- all uniform in saying that problems as to ultimate academic qualification exist for D. Robinson, for the DE from Maryland, Jason Ankrah, and for Safety Dijon Washington.

All may ultimately make it, who knows... but questions aplenty have been raised about each and seemingly none of them have yet to qualify.... what happens waits to be seen.

Of course, we hope they all make it --- these are some of our best guys (or, at least, highest rated guys). Time will tell.

I hadnt heard about Ankrah, but Robinson is definetly a concern and Washington used to be but I thought he had it worked out. Like Robster I could be wrong

Good to hear about Washington --- like you, I hope it is true --- he is at a position of real need. As for Ankrah, he was listed on the national site among the 4 star players not likely to make the grades. But, like they say in Lord of the Rings... "There is always hope."

I still think if they didn't expect Robinson to be here they'd have kept chasing McBurse.

Im still kinda disappointed Byrd didn't try to qualify over the summer. But considering we took three other cb's I don't think the coaches were too surprised not to get him.

I think we'll do well in terms of the rest qualify, I don't think we lose more than one more.