What If??

Its a slow time of year until spring ball, so I thought this might be interesting.

Most NU fans remember Tommie Frazier missed 8 regular season games due to blood clots, but then was able to return and play in the Orange Bowl. Maybe some aren't aware that NU applied for a medical hardship for Frazier that year. They found out just before the Orange Bowl game vs Miami that the NCAA turned it down, because he played in to many games.

Now the what if - had he played in fewer games and received another year, I assume then that the decision would of had to be made on whether or not to play Frazier in the Orange Bowl and lose that extra year. If he had not played would the Husker have beaten the Canes?? If Tommie would have then been able to play in 1996 would Nebraska have lost the ASU game or the Big 12 Champ. Game vs Texas??

post-4426-1236113819.jpg

Its a slow time of year until spring ball, so I thought this might be interesting.

Most NU fans remember Tommie Frazier missed 8 regular season games due to blood clots, but then was able to return and play in the Orange Bowl. Maybe some aren't aware that NU applied for a medical hardship for Frazier that year. They found out just before the Orange Bowl game vs Miami that the NCAA turned it down, because he played in to many games.

Now the what if - had he played in fewer games and received another year, I assume then that the decision would of had to be made on whether or not to play Frazier in the Orange Bowl and lose that extra year. If he had not played would the Husker have beaten the Canes?? If Tommie would have then been able to play in 1996 would Nebraska have lost the ASU game or the Big 12 Champ. Game vs Texas??

post-4426-1236113819.jpg

That would have been SWEET!

Far be it for me to try to revise history, but what the hek:

No offense to Brook, but Tommy's option skill was the difference in the 4th qrtr in that OB. Yes, NU still could've won it, but I wonder how different the play calling might have been with Brook in the game (throwing more?).

If NU had Tommy in '96, that season would've looked at lot like '95. NU would've rolled to a second (maybe 3rd straigh title).

'97 would be hard to call. I dont recall when Frost transferred to NU, but would he still have if Tommy got the extra year? If so, I'm sure Frost starts of just as bad as he did in '96, then gets it together come conference time. Based on NU's OOC games that year, I don't think NU loses like they did against ASU, but do they still win at Mizzou if it was Frost's first year as starter (or other QB for that matter?)? If NU loses one game that year they don't get a share of the title.

All in all, I'm fine with the way things turned out.