Hoosier pick to win the Big 12 North this year?

Please, God, let me be very wrong on this, but I think it might be Colorado. They get all the other decent North teams at home, and should return a lot of capable bodies after a freak year of injuries. Coach Hawkins is on the hot seat, and will absolutely need this season to go well, or he's probably gone. I'm choking back a little vomit when I say this, but I like the guy and do hope he has a better year (just not against the Huskers).

Kansas has that tough tough South rotation again. Although, this is the best shot for Kansas to get to the title game if they can take care of North business. KU has a legitimate chance to sweep the North this year. But they would need to steal one of the 3 from the South, plus get that all important road victory at Colorado.

Nebraska gets all the decent North teams on the road and have to replace a lot of not-flashy-but-steady faces on offense. Even though the defense is improving, will it be enough to overcome any possible lack of offensive productivity? This is probably not our year :( When was the last time the Huskers went to Missouri or Kansas and walked out victorious? If they can break that trend, they'll be right there in the thick of things.

Missouri is just too up in the air to predict, with all the personnel they have to replace both in coaching and on the field. They may still be very competitive, but I doubt they are in the race this year.

The two state schools... sorry guys, not going to happen this year.

But, good times are in plain sight. I think Nebraska's schedule sets them up in prime position to take it in 2010.

The north is between Nebraska and Kansas...

The north division will, more than likely, come down to Nebraska's game against Kansas in Lawrence. The winner of that game will be the north champ and will play in the conference title game.

Missery won't even be a factor in the north this year because they'll be breaking in a new QB, new OC, will have to replace two key play-makers in Coffman, Maclin and will still be rather suspect on defense.

sCUm might get to 6-7 wins if they're extremely lucky.

Iowa State will be lucky if they don't go 0-8 in the conference.

In football, is it a race between the skers and Mizzoo? Is anyone else even a viable threat to take the north?

KU will be really good this year.

Great signature Jen

Thanks!

The picture, and sig line, is from a television show that I had previously never even heard of called "The Legend of the Seeker."

Long story short I was on hulu.com perusing the action and adventure category and I saw the picture of this dude tied up with chains in a dungeon. Out of curiosity I clicked the link and watched the show. It was gawd awful but I thought the character of Mistress Denna was amazing. And it doesn't hurt that the actress portraying her is smoking hot as well. Oh my...I've strayed exceedingly far from the topic here.

:thumbs

The north division will, more than likely, come down to Nebraska's game against Kansas in Lawrence. The winner of that game will be the north champ and will play in the conference title game.

Missery won't even be a factor in the north this year because they'll be breaking in a new QB, new OC, will have to replace two key play-makers in Coffman, Maclin and will still be rather suspect on defense.

Have you seen our schedule? We should have 6-7 wins by the end of October. We open with CSU(Boulder), Wyoming($200 airfare from Pensacola right now, debating on pulling the trigger to attend that one personally), and Miami(OHIO) on the road. We win face a Pat Whiteless WVU team on the road, and let's face it, I doubt anyone is real terrified of Bill Stewart, and then Texas in Austin(Loss). Then we play KU at home, KSU(No Freeman) on the road, and Mizzou(lost everyone) at home. The only game where I believe we have no solid chance is Texas. After that we have A&M at home, ISU on the road, OSU on the road, and you guys at home. The only game that stands out as a concession game is OSU. Unlike in previous years where I look at the schedule and put my hands over my face I feel good about this years schedule in haveing a decent little season upon which to build on. Are 10 wins a stretch, yeah, a lot of things have to go right, but after last year we are due for a little more luck so who knows, but I think 6-7 wins is just as unrealistic, but that is why they play the game.

Have you seen our schedule? We should have 6-7 wins by the end of October. We open with CSU(Boulder), Wyoming($200 airfare from Pensacola right now, debating on pulling the trigger to attend that one personally), and Miami(OHIO) on the road. We win face a Pat Whiteless WVU team on the road, and let's face it, I doubt anyone is real terrified of Bill Stewart, and then Texas in Austin(Loss). Then we play KU at home, KSU(No Freeman) on the road, and Mizzou(lost everyone) at home. The only game where I believe we have no solid chance is Texas. After that we have A&M at home, ISU on the road, OSU on the road, and you guys at home. The only game that stands out as a concession game is OSU. Unlike in previous years where I look at the schedule and put my hands over my face I feel good about this years schedule in haveing a decent little season upon which to build on. Are 10 wins a stretch, yeah, a lot of things have to go right, but after last year we are due for a little more luck so who knows, but I think 6-7 wins is just as unrealistic, but that is why they play the game.

I agree with you actually that your team should have those six wins by the end of October. However, the difference between should and will is huge.

1. Colorado State should be a win for you guys. But, early season rivalry game...who knows what will happen.

2. Wyoming isn't a push over and you guys could very well lose to them. The Cowboys went 4-8 last season but they did travel to Knoxville and beat Tennessee.

3. Miami (Oh) seems to plug in guys who are capable QB's.

4. On the road against WVU, even without Pat White, is going to be really tough for you guys.

I honestly think Colorado will be 2-2 in non conference. I think you guys will beat CSU and Miami, Oh and lose to WVU and Wyoming.

Then, once you get into Big 12 play the W's will be really hard to come by...I'm standing by my prognostication: CU will eek out maybe 7 wins max. And if I'm wrong I'm sure you'll be around to remind me.

I agree with you actually that your team should have those six wins by the end of October. However, the difference between should and will is huge.

1. Colorado State should be a win for you guys. But, early season rivalry game...who knows what will happen.

2. Wyoming isn't a push over and you guys could very well lose to them. The Cowboys went 4-8 last season but they did travel to Knoxville and beat Tennessee.

3. Miami (Oh) seems to plug in guys who are capable QB's.

4. On the road against WVU, even without Pat White, is going to be really tough for you guys.

I honestly think Colorado will be 2-2 in non conference. I think you guys will beat CSU and Miami, Oh and lose to WVU and Wyoming.

Then, once you get into Big 12 play the W's will be really hard to come by...I'm standing by my prognostication: CU will eek out maybe 7 wins max. And if I'm wrong I'm sure you'll be around to remind me.

Losing to Wyoming at home would be an incredible dissapointment, but you are right anything can happen but your original post suggested that we would be "lucky" to win those 6-7 games, I take issue with that statement, because I believe I can point to 6-7 games where I believe we are the better team rather then being lucky. Take your team for example, can ISU beat you guys, sure, but on paper they shouldn't.

Losing to Wyoming at home would be an incredible dissapointment, but you are right anything can happen but your original post suggested that we would be "lucky" to win those 6-7 games, I take issue with that statement, because I believe I can point to 6-7 games where I believe we are the better team rather then being lucky. Take your team for example, can ISU beat you guys, sure, but on paper they shouldn't.

Lucky wasn't the correct word for me to use...I should have said CU will be hitting their potential if they get 6-7 wins. Any more than that and you'll be way over-achieving...