Hoosier pick to win the Big 12 North this year?

I think it will come down to the day after Thanksgiving and it is in Boulder so I like my chances. We should have a really strong rushing attack this season(and we know how good your defense is against the run :P ), barring injury of course which was already pointed out, I am extremely optimistic about this up coming season.

Well unfortunately you won't be playing against Kevin Cosgroves defense, and you're team will be running into a brick wall named Suh. Did you happen to watch the Huskers shut down the run game of CJ Spiller and Clemson in the Gator Bowl? I think it will be a good game however, because as much as I hate it, you are our main rivals.

I'll concede the Cosgrove part of your statement, but to bust out Clemson on me?? lol Clemson is the Michigan of the south, highly rated to start the season and sinks faster than the Titanic by the end of the season....lol

Yea, with TWO NFL caliber running backs.

but hey, at least they get highly rated... better than anything the buffs can say, eh?

I think it will come down to the day after Thanksgiving and it is in Boulder so I like my chances. We should have a really strong rushing attack this season(and we know how good your defense is against the run :P ), barring injury of course which was already pointed out, I am extremely optimistic about this up coming season.

Well unfortunately you won't be playing against Kevin Cosgroves defense, and you're team will be running into a brick wall named Suh. Did you happen to watch the Huskers shut down the run game of CJ Spiller and Clemson in the Gator Bowl? I think it will be a good game however, because as much as I hate it, you are our main rivals.

I'll concede the Cosgrove part of your statement, but to bust out Clemson on me?? lol Clemson is the Michigan of the south, highly rated to start the season and sinks faster than the Titanic by the end of the season....lol

Um, I hate to correct you, but Clemson started out horrible, then won 6 out of their last 7. And they kicked the crap out their in state rival, and SCC team, South Carolina. They have more team speed than NU and CU combined, and Spiller will be a first round draft pick at RB next year. They were a running team, and we held them to 4 yards rushing. So I feel really good about shuting down the CU rush game next year. But again, it will more than likely be a close game.

Um, I hate to correct you, but Clemson started out horrible, then won 6 out of their last 7. And they kicked the crap out their in state rival, and SCC team, South Carolina. They have more team speed than NU and CU combined, and Spiller will be a first round draft pick at RB next year. They were a running team, and we held them to 4 yards rushing. So I feel really good about shuting down the CU rush game next year. But again, it will more than likely be a close game.

We'll see, the last time we had a nice stable of runningbacks we set all sorts of records against you guys and that was pre-Cosgrove. Clemson was a paper tiger though.

We'll see, the last time we had a nice stable of runningbacks we set all sorts of records against you guys and that was pre-Cosgrove. Clemson was a paper tiger though.

Paper tiger doesn't discount 2 NFL running backs that our bad rush defense held to 4 yards. So the fact that you tore apart ONE of our defenses on the ground pre-Cosgrove means you're going to go ahead and tear apart possibly the top defensive unit in the big 12? Makes sense.

Paper tiger doesn't discount 2 NFL running backs that our bad rush defense held to 4 yards. So the fact that you tore apart ONE of our defenses on the ground pre-Cosgrove means you're going to go ahead and tear apart possibly the top defensive unit in the big 12? Makes sense.

Who is the possible top defensive unit in the Big 12?

Nice tag team effort huskerswrkhavoc. I think our facts about shutting down the NFL running speed of Clemson, combined with the fact that we should have the best D-Line in the Big 12 next year, equals complete ownage of A Buffs fan. Sorry BeachBuffs :box

That would be the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Take it to the bank Buff.

That would be the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Take it to the bank Buff.

:yeah

I figured this was going to turn into a team against team battle again <_< But for an honest answer, BeachBuff, Nebraska (imho) will be the best defensive team in the Big 12 next year and I'm not just drinking the :koolaid2: . Bo Pelini is the best defensive mind in the Big 12 and his resume far outweighs that of most coaches in the B12.

In one year, Pelini turned around one of the worst defensive units in the country into the second best defensive unit in the Big 12. I don't care who you are, that is impressive. He statistically outplayed the defenses of teams that have had their DC in their system for years (most of the Big 12). :bonez

Pelini also had one of the best defenses in the nation in 2003 when he was DC, and Nebraska led the nation in turnovers and had a shut down defense. The only person that statistically did better than the Pelini's this year was Muschamp in Texas, but Pelini wasn't far off from beating him. This is pretty sad if you think about it, considering Texas gets arguably the best talent in the nation (and Texas mainly lol) to become a Longhorn; yet, all this great talent still didn't have a defense better than the top 50's.

:rant