Brook Berringer situation

I think that Brook was a great qb, and even more than that, a great guy. With that being said, Tommie had a certain confidence, "cocky" if you will, that spread throughout the team.

I think that it had alot to do with the success of those teams, even after Tommie and Brook were gone. I certainly think that Brook WOULD have been great, and we would have been successful. But I think that Tommie's attitude was contagious, and that was huge.

Great topic.

I think NU would have still been pretty darn good, but I don't know if they woulda won 2 Nat'l Championships...perhaps, but I'm not sure. He was a good athlete and competitior, but yes, Tommie was "cocky". You have to be at least a little bit "cocky" to perform at the level he did. I think NU would have won at least one with Brook, but I'm not sure about 2. The main reason I say that is the INT in the end zone against Miami when NU could have taken control of the game.

It is sad that two of our greatest athletes were on the field at the same time competing for the same position and the fact that neither truly got the chance to show their talents in the NFL. I think Brook would have ended up the better QB in the NFL. Truly a sad situation.

I would never compare the two. With out Brook we would never have gotten to the championship game, playing with a collapsed lung. He gave everything to this program just like Tommie. There was no difference in them in my oppinon. It appears all on the team would have walked through fire for either. We are so fortunate to have both I do not want to discredit either by voting.

Personally, I think that '95 team would have won the championship with just about any of the former Nebraska quarterbacks (except perhaps Grant).

I think I could have played QB drunk with a broken leg for the 95 team and they still would have won the title. Best college football team EVER.

Personally, I think that '95 team would have won the championship with just about any of the former Nebraska quarterbacks (except perhaps Grant).

I think I could have played QB drunk with a broken leg for the 95 team and they still would have won the title. Best college football team EVER.

Ain't that the truth!!!

Great topic.

I think NU would have still been pretty darn good, but I don't know if they woulda won 2 Nat'l Championships...perhaps, but I'm not sure. He was a good athlete and competitior, but yes, Tommie was "cocky". You have to be at least a little bit "cocky" to perform at the level he did. I think NU would have won at least one with Brook, but I'm not sure about 2. The main reason I say that is the INT in the end zone against Miami when NU could have taken control of the game.

I think one of the things that people forget is there was a little controversy going on amongst the team as to who should start in 95. This wasn't a black/white thing either. There were a lot of people on the team who didn't want TF because he was a wise ass. And even if Brook felt very strongly that he should be starting, he would never say anything anyway.

I don't agree with the posting that anyone on the team would have walked through fire for either. The team hated TF as a person. I was in college during these years. Berringer's intramural basketball team won the championship over TF's. Berringer's was loaded with football players while TF's had zero, nilch, nada football players on it. He was hated. However, everyone on the team respected Frazier. He himself got people to play maybe even better than they were. He was like a coach on the field. He knew when someone on the offense was slacking off. And, he chewed some serious ass when guys were missing assignments.

Truthfully, we as fans never would have even known much about Berringer had it not been for a blood clot in TF's leg. It's hard to vote for someone we would have never seen play had it not been for an injury. Just like Matt Turman. We wouldn't have heard about him had it not been for a collapsed lung. I guess it goes to show that a walk on program really isn't that bad. Without it, who knows who would have been playing KState at QB?

Berringer was booed his senior year when TF was taken out of a game earlier than we "the greatest college football fans" thought he should have been. Had Berringer not been killed in the plane crash, we probably wouldn't even be discussing this. We the greatest college football fans boo a kid, and then a few months later we bombard his mom with flowers and so forth pledging our never ending love of her son! Pathetic, no pathetic hypocrits!

Pathetic, no pathetic hypocrits!

Couldnt agree with you more. These are the same people who booed Scott Frost because the O-line allowed 3 safeties in the ASU game.

As far as TF not being liked. I agree, I have met Tommie, and even though he was nice to me, our mutual "friend" that introduced us said that he is the biggest a-hole he has ever met. And this guy knows some major league a-holes. :lol:

Couldnt agree with you more. These are the same people who booed Scott Frost because the O-line allowed 3 safeties in the ASU game.

Great point. I can't stand the people that boo their own players, then when one faces adversity and overcomes they stand up behind them like they were behind them the whole time.

I have met Tommie, and even though he was nice to me, our mutual "friend" that introduced us said that he is the biggest  a-hole he has ever met. And this guy knows some major league a-holes. :lol:

Well, he is YOUR friend. :lol:

Great point. I can't stand the people that boo their own players, then when one faces adversity and overcomes they stand up behind them like they were behind them the whole time.

I have met Tommie, and even though he was nice to me, our mutual "friend" that introduced us said that he is the biggest  a-hole he has ever met. And this guy knows some major league a-holes. :lol:

Well, he is YOUR friend. :lol:

Ouch, I guess I put that one on the tee for ya :box

Inserting foot into mouth as we speak ;)