Iowa state is no longer a member of the big 12!!!!!!!!

:wtf Even the Big 10 don't want them...

duh. especially when even the b12 doesn't.

:dumdum

Maybe ISU should just stick to wrestling and women's basketball :wacko:

Unsportsmanlike Conduct did a segment on ISU and where they were going as a football team, and they had some good points. I mean literally, ISU is licking the bottom of the barrel along with KSU, but I think ISU is worse off. I will say that Arnaud has potential, but more things go wrong from them (players leaving, coaches leaving, etc.) than what goes right for them. I don't expect their new coach (Rhoades I think) to make much progress this year or next year for that matter. I wonder if ISU will ever be a B12 contender :LOLtartar

Unsportsmanlike Conduct did a segment on ISU and where they were going as a football team, and they had some good points. I mean literally, ISU is licking the bottom of the barrel along with KSU, but I think ISU is worse off. I will say that Arnaud has potential, but more things go wrong from them (players leaving, coaches leaving, etc.) than what goes right for them. I don't expect their new coach (Rhoades I think) to make much progress this year or next year for that matter. I wonder if ISU will ever be a B12 contender :LOLtartar

technically they were just a few short years ago.....

technically they were just a few short years ago.....

Yeah and how long did that last? A few nearly winless seasons later and coach Mack was tossed out on his ass for Chizek. The problem the Big XII has with ISU is that they will never be a consistent competitor. Maybe someday they'll have a Robert Griffin type player to come in and give them the chance to take a shot at the north, but they're miles behind teams like Nebraska, Missouri, and Kansas, which means they're lightyears behind Oklahoma and Texas. Ultimately I think it's good to have a distribution of good and bad teams in a conference, because you don't want to play Alabama, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, USC, and Ohio State every single year. No one would ever make it to a bowl game. However I think it would be nice to have Iowa instead of ISU––they aren't a flashy team, but what they do on defense and (when they have the players) offense, they do pretty consistently.

Good...good...continue to chortle with glee at the thought of the "lowly" Iowa State Cyclones. Yuk it up as the season approaches. Make your "cellar dweller" jokes and your "throw ISU out of the Big 12" comments. It's exactly as we have planned it. Much like an assasin...or a natural disaster (like, perhaps, a Cyclone?") and then...when you least expect it. Bam! You're driving back to Lincoln saying to yourself "WTF????"

Last year the Clones had a horrible coaching staff...Checkov or Chitlins or whatever his name was had a great habit of bringing in assistant coaches from programs that were worse than Iowa State....I mean a DC from freakin UAB??? The coaching decisions were stupid (see the last couple of seconds of the Colorado or Iowa games), the sets were all predictable and the staff was totally unable to make any adjustments during the game. It was almost like someone dressed Callahan in a Chizek costume and shipped him over here...complete with Cosgrove. Just to show how much everyone enjoyed him, not one player from his teams quit or transferred after he left. I think they were actually relieve. Thank god Auburn was stupid enough to actually offer him a job and then actually pay us for the priviledge of getting rid of him...

Now, that being said, last year ISU had the youngest team in the league...filled with underclassmen who were starting all over the place. And some of them were actually producing. Only three QB's coming back this year passed for more yardage than Arnaud did...Bradford, McCoy and Reesing. That's some pretty exclusive company. He's back. Robinson rushed for over 700 yards and ranked 9th in the league in yards rushing per game. He's back. Darks, Jones and Hamilton combined for 107 receptions last year. They are back. Mahony was the league's 2nd best kicker...back. Brantner was ranked 3rd in punting...also back. Leonard Thompson was an All American as a freshman. He's back. The O-line only allowed 19 sacks last season...4 starters are back. All together, the Cyclones bring back 9 starters on offense and 9 starters on defense. All the skill positions are loaded.

This year we have some Coordinators that know what they are doing. Wally Burnham is a stud DC. If you watched SFU anytime last year you know he knows how to get things done. The best thing about Burnham is he built SFU up from nothing...just like he'll be doing here. As an added bonus, Rhodes has Tom Hermann to run his offense. Watch what Rice did over the last couple of years and you will realize that Hermann and his spread offense can put a lot yards down.

So...just giving you a little heads up...things are going to be a little different this year. You take a fairly easy non-conference schedule, combine it with the inherent weakness of the North division, add in some pretty significant personnel loses at MU and KU and top it off with weak head-to-head matchups versus the South and you might...just might...be surprised what happens this year.

Be afraid...be VERY afraid <_<

***SNIP***

Just to show how much everyone enjoyed him, not one player from his teams quit or transferred after he left. I think they were actually relieve.

***SNIP***

Now, that being said, last year ISU had the youngest team in the league...filled with underclassmen who were starting all over the place.

***SNIP***

The latter statement certianly would seem to support the former. It's hard to think of any program that had a head coaching change that didn't lose some players. I could understand it if the majority of the players of note were upperclassmen - they don't want to leave just to have one year left to play (or two, at best) at another school if it can be helped. That's not the case for underclassmen.

Interesting point, Cy. At the very least, it would seem to indicate that the kids are going to be eager to buy into the system and the demands of the new staff.

Good...good...continue to chortle with glee at the thought of the "lowly" Iowa State Cyclones. Yuk it up as the season approaches. Make your "cellar dweller" jokes and your "throw ISU out of the Big 12" comments. It's exactly as we have planned it. Much like an assasin...or a natural disaster (like, perhaps, a Cyclone?") and then...when you least expect it. Bam! You're driving back to Lincoln saying to yourself "WTF????"

Last year the Clones had a horrible coaching staff...Checkov or Chitlins or whatever his name was had a great habit of bringing in assistant coaches from programs that were worse than Iowa State....I mean a DC from freakin UAB??? The coaching decisions were stupid (see the last couple of seconds of the Colorado or Iowa games), the sets were all predictable and the staff was totally unable to make any adjustments during the game. It was almost like someone dressed Callahan in a Chizek costume and shipped him over here...complete with Cosgrove. Just to show how much everyone enjoyed him, not one player from his teams quit or transferred after he left. I think they were actually relieve. Thank god Auburn was stupid enough to actually offer him a job and then actually pay us for the priviledge of getting rid of him...

Now, that being said, last year ISU had the youngest team in the league...filled with underclassmen who were starting all over the place. And some of them were actually producing. Only three QB's coming back this year passed for more yardage than Arnaud did...Bradford, McCoy and Reesing. That's some pretty exclusive company. He's back. Robinson rushed for over 700 yards and ranked 9th in the league in yards rushing per game. He's back. Darks, Jones and Hamilton combined for 107 receptions last year. They are back. Mahony was the league's 2nd best kicker...back. Brantner was ranked 3rd in punting...also back. Leonard Thompson was an All American as a freshman. He's back. The O-line only allowed 19 sacks last season...4 starters are back. All together, the Cyclones bring back 9 starters on offense and 9 starters on defense. All the skill positions are loaded.

This year we have some Coordinators that know what they are doing. Wally Burnham is a stud DC. If you watched SFU anytime last year you know he knows how to get things done. The best thing about Burnham is he built SFU up from nothing...just like he'll be doing here. As an added bonus, Rhodes has Tom Hermann to run his offense. Watch what Rice did over the last couple of years and you will realize that Hermann and his spread offense can put a lot yards down.

So...just giving you a little heads up...things are going to be a little different this year. You take a fairly easy non-conference schedule, combine it with the inherent weakness of the North division, add in some pretty significant personnel loses at MU and KU and top it off with weak head-to-head matchups versus the South and you might...just might...be surprised what happens this year.

i dont see the second best kicker line...

Mizzou and Nebraska both had better kickers than ISU imo.

**snip**

I would be very happy if ISU finishes #2 in the north in '09 :hellloooo

i dont see the second best kicker line...

Mizzou and Nebraska both had better kickers than ISU imo.

/agreed.

If I'm not mistaken Mizzou's kicker is gone as well, which makes me feel that Alex is the best kickier in the entire Big 12. If Mizzou's kicker is still there, then Alex is probably second.

But regardless, I would rather go into a game with Alex and his 57 yard leg than anybody else in the Big 12. :box