DB - Yusef Wade

6'0" 180 pounds

from www.myhitnews.com

"Yusef Wade is a sure tackling very instinctive DB that if he doesn’t punish his opponent on initial contact, he will attempt to do so while driving him into the ground—he plays defense with an attitude and appears to be a very good run stopper.

Wade’s keen football instincts, good hips, very fluid movement, balance, and quick feet combine to allow him to make the kind of plays on ball–in the air or on the ground–that you expect to see from a legit D-1 defensive back prospect.

Shows good anticipation and reaction to QB and can close ground on receiver in a hurry when ball is in the air, which gives him the proven ability to deflect or intercept balls."

I'm just wondering why this guy isn't getting much publicity. That highlight film is pretty impressive.

From the comments:

Everyone is just finding out about him--as of this week (March 22, '09).. His HS head football coach resigned and he is transferring to another school for his senior year. As a result, no promotion of him occurred--no one told Rivals and other recruiting servicses about him and his film was not sent .out-- until now..

I'm just wondering why this guy isn't getting much publicity. That highlight film is pretty impressive.

From the comments:

Everyone is just finding out about him--as of this week (March 22, '09).. His HS head football coach resigned and he is transferring to another school for his senior year. As a result, no promotion of him occurred--no one told Rivals and other recruiting servicses about him and his film was not sent .out-- until now..

north stars coach left? where's he transfering to? please be east...please please please...

• 9 months later...

If this guy is walking on as a DB i see him ranked as a 2 star. If you watch his defensive plays, on most of them that he falls into coverage on, he lets the receiver get WAYYY too much seperation, i mean 2-4 steps on him. One play around the 1:00 mark, he gets BLOWN off the line by the receiver and only makes a play due to a bad/late throw by the qb. his speed is above average and his man coverage abilities are lacking. he looked decent in zone coverage, but he needs a lot of work. even if his tape did get out, i don't see a ton of D1 schools breaking down his door with scholly offers. he get away with some of the plays he did because of a lack of athleticism on the other team's part. not because his is so much better. he won't able to get away with this kind of stuff at the NU level. i wish him the best though

EDIT: he seems pretty decent at sniffing out the run, maybe we use him a safety instead of db? if he does, he's going to need to learn how to hit with his pads and wrap up, i'm seeing a lot of arm tackles. i was actually more impressed with his WR highlights at the end of the clip than any db plays i saw. he had one really good one where he swatted the ball down (as a db) in the endzone. great play.