Cookie Miller and Alonzo Edwards plan to transfer

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP)—Cookie Miller and Alonzo Edwards plan to transfer from Nebraska after helping the Huskers to an 18-13 finish last season.

The school made the announcement Monday.

Miller, a sophomore, started 46 of 60 games at Nebraska and averaged 6.7 points and 3.6 assists. He said he wants to play somewhere closer to his family in West Virginia.

Edwards started once and played in 16 games this past season, averaging 1.7 points. The red-shirt freshman said he wanted to be able to compete for more playing time.

Where did this come from?

Whats going on with the basketball team we have 2 or 3 players leave a year you never can build a good team like that.

Well it's usually the guys leaving that won't hurt us. Cookie I like a lot and is productive, but his numbers can be matched and beat by another player thats bigger than him. Jeter hopefully does something to fill his spot. Edwards didn't turn out to be the player we thought he could be and so we added a another guy, Jeter's teammate, who can at least rebound to fill his spot. It sucks to see Cookie go, but this brought us to the roster limit and we will still be a much bigger, better rebounding team next season and that will make a big difference alone.

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP)—Cookie Miller and Alonzo Edwards plan to transfer from Nebraska after helping the Huskers to an 18-13 finish last season.

The school made the announcement Monday.

Miller, a sophomore, started 46 of 60 games at Nebraska and averaged 6.7 points and 3.6 assists. He said he wants to play somewhere closer to his family in West Virginia.

Edwards started once and played in 16 games this past season, averaging 1.7 points. The red-shirt freshman said he wanted to be able to compete for more playing time.

Where did this come from?

i had a bad feeling about cookie leaving, when Doc kept talking about needing a point guard and a roster spot might become available. I hate to see him go, but hopefully Sek and Jeter will be able to improve the position.

As for Edwards, i was disappointed he didnt play this year, but expected the transfer after seeing he wasnt playing, especially with the need of size.