Memorial Stadium

LARRY THE CABLE GUY

huskers.com

Lincoln – Larry the Cable Guy (Dan Whitney) will perform in Memorial Stadium on Independence Day as a thank you to Husker fans. One of Nebraska’s biggest fans, Larry the Cable Guy, Parallel Entertainment and Outback Concerts approached the University of Nebraska Athletic Department regarding their desire to put on a concert for Husker fans on the Nebraska campus.

The University of Nebraska Athletic Department worked with city officials, UNL administrators, Parallel Entertainment, and Outback Concerts to finalize an agreement this week. The City of Lincoln will present its "Uncle Sam Jam" with fireworks set to live music by Lincoln’s Symphony Orchestra on Friday, July 3 at Oak Lake Park. Zambelli Internationale will again provide the City fireworks show.

While the football stadium and field are not generally used for non-athletic events of this kind, the Athletic Department is sponsoring the show as a way for Larry the Cable Guy and Athletics to thank Husker fans for their support.

"The $4 ticket price, coupled with a $2 handling charge per ticket will mean that the event is priced at a break-even level for Larry the Cable Guy and Nebraska Athletics," Athletic Director Tom Osborne said. "Nearly all revenues will be absorbed by the cost of setting up the event and distributing tickets. University administration and Nebraska Athletics rarely allows use of Memorial Stadium for non-athletic events, but we are doing so as a thank you to our fans."

"Larry the Cable Guy’s generosity has created the opportunity for Lincoln to host the best Fourth of July celebration in City history," said Mayor Chris Beutler. "Moving our ‘Uncle Sam Jam’ up to Friday gives residents and visitors two days of safe, high-quality, fun and low-cost entertainment."

"I am looking forward to the Fourth of July show at the stadium," Larry the Cable Guy said. "It’s a dream come true for me as I spent every football season since I was a little kid in Pawnee City listening to games coming from that field. I’d much rather be playing linebacker but since I’m a chubby middle-aged man that runs the 40 in 37 seconds and pull a muscle every time I put on my socks, I’ll have to stick to telling jokes on the field. I’m very honored that the university has given me permission to tape my Comedy Central special there and also excited to give my fans a show for 4 bucks. I love my home state and am very grateful for the opportunity to perform for them on this special night. Thanks to my fans for making this a possibility. Go Huskers!"

NU football season ticket holders have first opportunity at purchasing the $4 tickets (plus $2 handling fee per ticket) beginning at 8 a.m. on April 7 and continuing through midnight April 9 (or while quantities last). The cost of the ticket will cover the expenses of production costs, staffing and security. No alcohol will be served but limited concessions will be available. The handling fees and concession profits will be retained by Athletics to pay internal costs. Parking ($3 per stall) will be provided and cashiered by UNL Parking Services.

The Larry the Cable Guy show will take place on Memorial Stadium’s field on Saturday, July 4, at 7:30 p.m., with gates opening at 6 p.m. The staging will face the West Stadium Suites, which will be made available to Suite owners. The show will be taped as an hour special to air on Comedy Central at a later date. Approximately 50,000 tickets will be available for sale, with just under 10,000 chair seats set up on the field. All seats are reserved.

After football season ticket holders have first opportunity to purchase tickets from April 7 to April 9, tickets will be open to the general public on April 10. All tickets will be sold by the Nebraska Athletic Ticket Office. If the season ticket holder allotment is depleted prior to public sale, season ticket holders are welcome to purchase tickets on April 10 when they become available to the general public.

July 4 was the best date to fit with Larry the Cable Guy’s hectic travel schedule. Athletics and Parallel thank the City for its willingness to move its annual event to July 3 to accommodate the show. Activities at Oak Lake Park on July 3 will begin at 5 p.m. Lincoln’s Symphony Orchestra will present its free concert beginning at 9 p.m. and will accompany the fireworks at about 10 p.m. More details on the city celebration will be available on the City’s website at Lincoln.ne.gov.

The Lincoln Saltdogs baseball team also will be in action Independence Day weekend at Haymarket Park. Games against the Wichita Wingnuts are scheduled for 7:05 p.m. on Friday, July 3; 6:05 p.m. on Saturday, July 4; and 7:05 p.m. on Sunday, July 5. The Saltdogs fireworks display will follow the July 4 game at about 10 p.m.

The rain date for both the July 3 City fireworks event and the July Fourth Memorial Stadium Larry the Cable Guy show will be Sunday, July 5.

Larry the Cable Guy Ticket Information

Nebraska football season ticket holders will have first opportunity to purchase tickets from April 7 to April 9

Season ticket holders will need to sign in to their accounts online at Huskers.com before purchasing

In order to ensure that tickets remain for the public sale, the season ticket holders will be allotted a number of seats

Tickets are $4 each plus a $2 handling fee per ticket

All seats are reserved and approximately 10,000 seats will be set up on the field

All purchasers, including season ticket holders, will be limited to eight (8) tickets per household. This limit will be strictly enforced. Any orders exceeding eight will be subsequently refunded at $4 per ticket

On April 10, tickets will be sold to the general public

Warning: mature content may not be suitable for all ages

Please be advised, this event is being taped for broadcast by Comedy Central and your attendance will be deemed your consent to be filmed.