Huskers Host #9 Texas This Weekend

The Huskers host #9 Texas this weekend. First game is tommaro, Thursday, at 6:05 pm. Friday is also at 6:05. Saturday's game is at 1:05pm. Thursday's game will be televised on NET and CBS College Sports.

This will most likely be a very painful series...

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... this series has the potential to get extremely ugly.

I'll still be there on Thursday and Friday supporting those guys, though. (Saturday have to make my way back to my home town for Easter...)

On a side note:

I need some help... my buddy asked me the other day what Cody Neer's intro song was (the one they play when he's coming up to bat) and, for the life of me, I could not think of it. It's been driving me insane... So if anyone knows... my brain would greatly appreciate it! :)

I may end up eating the words but i know i said somewhere that this is a series i really think we can compete in... If our offense comes back around (some people are treating it like our bats have been dead forever, its 4 effing games....) this weekend we can compete... Texas' bats are bad.. Flat out.. So is our pitching obviously, but if we can get a few runs of their starters and hopefully chase them early, we can do damage.... Don't give up on them already....

I hope your right about us competing this weekend, starting today! I supported this team when Sanders was the coach what I don't want is a return to the days of Sanders and frankly that is what I see right now! I do understand College baseball and how we have these kids a limited amount of time but how in the hell does a kid like Niehsen (sp) end up back at Creighton?

Childress is a much more personable guy then Anderson and I have been around both of them.

So if we finish below 500 whats your answer for that?

I hope your right about us competing this weekend, starting today! I supported this team when Sanders was the coach what I don't want is a return to the days of Sanders and frankly that is what I see right now! I do understand College baseball and how we have these kids a limited amount of time but how in the hell does a kid like Niehsen (sp) end up back at Creighton?

Childress is a much more personable guy then Anderson and I have been around both of them.

So if we finish below 500 whats your answer for that?

The big 12 is filthy. Should we finish under .500? Probably not. Will we? Who knows.. I like to think we wont. Childress wouldn't have stuck around here anyways. He would of jet for A&M the 1st opportunity he had... And there are kids that just want to go to Creighton.. You realize that right? Creighton is a very good school.. Especially if academics are your major priority.. If you don't feel you have a chance to play in the majors or you just don't have the desire to.. Creighton is the better choice.

******Husker Baseball PPD; Doubleheader Friday******

Thursday’s baseball game between Nebraska and Texas, scheduled for 6:05 p.m. tonight, has been postponed because of inclement weather.

The three-game series between the Huskers and Longhorns will now begin Friday with a doubleheader set for 2:05 p.m. and 6:05 p.m. and conclude with a single game Saturday afternoon at 1:05 p.m. Friday’s second game will start no earlier than 6:05 p.m. The second game will be televised statewide on NET and NET-HD and shown nationally on CBS College Sports.

linky poo

If, Thursday and Friday, they play like Nebraska should play, I'll go to Saturday's game. If they like they have been this season, then I'll stay home. I'm pretty sure others will as well.

fair weather also eh? You obviously don't follow the team like you would football.. How should the team play? How should a pitching staff that has 3 upperclassmen play? People that are actually fans of the team will go because they love baseball and they support the team.. Just like real fans do. Thanks.

And apparently you don't even care to pay attention because the thursday game was postponed... and well, it was posted right above you an hour before you posted...

If, Thursday and Friday, they play like Nebraska should play, I'll go to Saturday's game. If they like they have been this season, then I'll stay home. I'm pretty sure others will as well.

fair weather also eh? You obviously don't follow the team like you would football.. How should the team play? How should a pitching staff that has 3 upperclassmen play? People that are actually fans of the team will go because they love baseball and they support the team.. Just like real fans do. Thanks.

And apparently you don't even care to pay attention because the thursday game was postponed... and well, it was posted right above you an hour before you posted...

Fair weather? No. Realist? Without a doubt.

They should play like an NU team is supposed play like. They shouldn't surrender 15 runs to a below average team, they shouldn't sweapt at home or away by another below average team, and they should never quit.

The fact the game was postponed is a benefit for NU. Let's see how they play today. If they play like an NU team is supposed to play, then I'll go tomorrow to watch them. If not, then explain to me why anybody would want to watch a team play as poorly as this is playing. If I want to watch bad baseball, I'll go watch a t-ball game.

Here we go with this "You're not a real fan, I'M a real fan!" crap again. <_<

Fair weather? No. Realist? Without a doubt.

They should play like an NU team is supposed play like. They shouldn't surrender 15 runs to a below average team, they shouldn't sweapt at home or away by another below average team, and they should never quit.

The fact the game was postponed is a benefit for NU. Let's see how they play today. If they play like an NU team is supposed to play, then I'll go tomorrow to watch them. If not, then explain to me why anybody would want to watch a team play as poorly as this is playing. If I want to watch bad baseball, I'll go watch a t-ball game.

Realist? How? How is calling K-State below average being a realist? KSU hit's .330 as a team. If that is below average by all means go for it and call them there. Their ace has an ERA below 1.. If that is below average by all means call it average. Sorry, this isn't the big 12 of the past few years.. There is no push overs this year. They quit when? One game against Creighton? If you want to call it that. They hit into a couple double plays. They couldn't throw strikes.. That's been their problem all year. They battled back all game in the 1st game of the DH against texas.. This team has come from behind already this year. I'm sorry you can't realize that they have an extremely young pitching staff. If you say that you won't go to a game unless they play like a veteran squad then I don't see how that is being a fan.. I'm sorry.

Here we go with this "You're not a real fan, I'M a real fan!" crap again. <_<

If you want to get pissed at me for saying that it's fair weather go ahead. It's the truth. Go over to the football board and say and say that you aren't going to a game because they aren't playing well.. I mean jesus. How many people ripped the students for not showing up to the KU game.. Come on.. They got ripped on like no other.. I'm sure everyone else remembers that thread too... But you're right.. It's just baseball.. It's okay to only go to a game if they play well! I forgot!! There is a complete double standard!!!

Gee, I'm shocked nobody accused the Huskers of quitting today. I was glad to see them at least fight back. Losing still, which is annoying, but the hitting was better against a good pitching staff while guys like Sean Yost and Nate Kerkhoff were serviceable on the mound, which is an improvement. At least a few things for some of the players to build on for the rest of this season, on in to next.

ya it was a lost last night but im still happy that there was the push to fight back, the game could have been over in the 7th but we got the bats going and made a game out of it. just need to get going quicker like hskrfan4life said. dont give up on this team just yet. theres still fight in them. GO BIG RED!