spring game outlook

What is everyone expecting to get out of the game?

I am excited to see the defense and their continued improvement under Pelini and Co. I still think this is the key to getting this thing back on track. As far as the O, i am sure Lee, Green, and whoever else they throw out there since the injury bug hit will do just fine, no sense worrying about the QB issue until we see them in a real game imo!

oh and I hope we win :):sarcasm

I'll be excited to see how much Helu improved, how well Paul plays, and how viable a back up Spano will be!

Oh wait..

:throw

:nutz

With Paul out... which WR(s) is going to step up. I want to see Bell's speed and Henry making grabs out of midair with his leaping ability.

but shortly after I see that, I want to see prince and west making some interceptions, and hagg laying a hit on a TE....

I think... :dunno

I don't REALLY want to see interceptions that much... but yet I do.

Who do I root for?

I'll be excited to see how much Helu improved, how well Paul plays, and how viable a back up Spano will be!

Oh wait..

:throw

:nutz

With Paul out... which WR(s) is going to step up. I want to see Bell's speed and Henry making grabs out of midair with his leaping ability.

but shortly after I see that, I want to see prince and west making some interceptions, and hagg laying a hit on a TE....

I think... :dunno

I don't REALLY want to see interceptions that much... but yet I do.

Who do I root for?

I'd love to see the defense wreak havoc on the offense personally.

this may be a dumb question but how are the 2 teams picked? is it 1st offense and 2nd team defense vs. 2nd offense and 1st defense?

sounds like this year they are probably going to do a draft system and split the teams up evenly.

While some people think that the "first team" units should remain intact to establish chemistry, I like the fact that there will be stronger competition.

this may be a dumb question but how are the 2 teams picked? is it 1st offense and 2nd team defense vs. 2nd offense and 1st defense?

sounds like this year they are probably going to do a draft system and split the teams up evenly.

While some people think that the "first team" units should remain intact to establish chemistry, I like the fact that there will be stronger competition.

:yeah

It's not going to be a playground style match like it was last year, where there were two team captains and they picked their teams. This year, the coaches are most likely going to decide the rosters and make the teams fairly balanced in order to promote further competition. Should be exciting.

I just hope someone posts highlights on Youtube.

I'm sure the Omaha World Herald and Lincoln Journal Star will have Spring Game highlights and analysis for fans. Check their respective websites on Sunday and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

Who do I root for?

Both, haha.

Personally, seeing that Washington took the move from LB to QB, thats my hot pick for this game, i want to see what he has to offer at the QB position. It will be nice to see Cody Green in action as well. As for Lee, well i think its a matter of faith that i dont really care how this game turns out for him.

With Helu not playing, and the fact that we have seen Castille in action during the Bowl game, it will be very interesting to see what other backs are out there behind these guys. i would mention Mendoza but it seems he has been moved to WR, a 5-11 WR. It would be fun to see Okofar, Ward and Jones take a few snaps.

Brooks, Holt, Gilleylen, Cammack and Henry, 5 good wide recievers who have spent a good deal of time on the team behind Swift and Peterson, its going to be great to see all of them in action going up for passes Saturday.

I praised McNeill last year for stepping up with Teafatiller, and i expect no less than what we saw last season to continue this year, but Young and Hill can now step up to get the credit they both deserve in this game.

Allen and Turner take over for Ty Steinkuhler and Zach Potter, but im looking forward to see Baker Steinkuhler, Josh Williams, Cameron Meredith, and David Harvey as i feel they might be the future DL starters. Moore and Crick will get their shot to shine alongside Suh.

Dillard is back, never had a chance to see him in action, but i cant wait, since the departure of Cody Glenn and Tyler Wortman. With Koehler and Holt as familiar to me as apple pie, May and Grove are two names in hearing alot about now, just another reason to watch the spring game, especially with Blake Lawerence out and Washington at QB.

Lance Thorell, i kept seeing this guys name all over the field in the 08' and his biggest play was the broken up pass against the Buffs (play after that Suh intercepted the ball for a TD) I cant wait to see how much he has improved during the offseason.

With Asante, Thenarse, and O'Hanlon back at safeties, im not too fond at watching the secondary this year, i just hope they improved on their speed.

*sidenote* I wonder if we will see Justin or Jordan Makovicka play?