#1's - May (weakside) Koehler (middle) Fisher (strongside)

I probably missed something, as I have been busy with school and work, but what happened to Phil Dillard? I haven't heard much talk about him this year...

The coaches said they were not satisfied with his play and effort. There is some speculation that it was something of ploy to light a fire under him. Others take the words at face value. Take from that what you will.

I probably missed something, as I have been busy with school and work, but what happened to Phil Dillard? I haven't heard much talk about him this year...

The coaches said they were not satisfied with his play and effort. There is some speculation that it was something of ploy to light a fire under him. Others take the words at face value. Take from that what you will.

Thanks carl...Hopefully Phil gets his sh*t together. He's a good guy. I'd hate to see him sitting on the sidelines for his senior season.

So Will Compton = BUST??

Yes, Will Compton, a second year player, is a bust. Might as well strip him of his scholarship and tell him to try badminton or something.

:rollin

Just cause a redshirt freshman isn't beating out older, more experienced players for a starting job doesn't necessarily mean he's a bust Axl_sued_me.

Want a bust? I'll introduce you to Marlon Lucky :wacko:

Oh no you didn't...ML was not a bust. Sure, he may not have lived up to ALL the hype, but overall he was a solid, contributing player for our offense, and if you don't think so, then I would recommend buying the 2007 season off of huskernation! :box

I'd get it if it ONLY showed the 2007 Offense :dumdum

So Will Compton = BUST??

Yes, Will Compton, a second year player, is a bust. Might as well strip him of his scholarship and tell him to try badminton or something.

Just cause a redshirt freshman isn't beating out older, more experienced players for a starting job doesn't necessarily mean he's a bust Axl_sued_me.

Oh no you didn't...ML was not a bust. Sure, he may not have lived up to ALL the hype, but overall he was a solid, contributing player for our offense, and if you don't think so, then I would recommend buying the 2007 season off of huskernation! :box

I'd get it if it ONLY showed the 2007 Offense :dumdum

I just said he was a bust to stir the pot a little bit guys :box

And I agree with you no_name. :power

*Edit* I don't think you can blame Husker nation for setting ridiculous standards for the kid. Most, including myself, may not put a lot into Rivals and it's star rankings. When you get 5 stars though, you are one of the 25 best players in the nation. With the way the coaching staff and media talked about Lucky, it's completely reasonable why everybody was let down by his overall career performance. Coaches and media made it seem like Marlon was the type who could win the Heisman all four years.

So Will Compton = BUST??

Yes, the back that is #4 all time in all purpose yards in Nebraska history was a bust. For that you get the holy trimumverate of emoticons.

:moreinteresting:nanalama:dumdum

So Will Compton = BUST??

I look at the linebacker situation with MAy and Koehler as a great thing --- their presence alone will force Compton and Whaley to develop at a quicker rate --- they (Compton and Whaley) will need to in order to compete. That can only be good. As for evaluating Compton or whaley now, it is, of course, wildly too early. Both may end up awesome --- and we have May and Koehler, and Holt and others. So.... seems to be more good news than bad.

*Edit* I don't think you can blame Husker nation for setting ridiculous standards for the kid. Most, including myself, may not put a lot into Rivals and it's star rankings. When you get 5 stars though, you are one of the 25 best players in the nation. With the way the coaching staff and media talked about Lucky, it's completely reasonable why everybody was let down by his overall career performance. Coaches and media made it seem like Marlon was the type who could win the Heisman all four years.

I wasn't blaming you. You were what, 14 or 15 when Marlon was being recruited? The fans were (and are) just as guilty of hyping players as the coaches and media. It's another chicken or the egg scenario.

i dont see how people can say ML was a bust for nebraska, especially when he predicted to go in the 6-7th round of the draft this year, just because he had an injury and Helu out-shined him, doesnt make him a bad RB. He did good in 2008, and did better in his previous seasons. I wish him luck in getting drafted and making a name for himself in the NFL, like Correll Buckhalter.

Back on topic though, Koehler has always been a favorite pick of mine to start, and i hope he gets a starting position alongside Dillard in the reg season. May is a name in new with, but with the hype im hearing from fans and coaches, ill be looking for his number on the field come Saturday.

More information on May. Asante is quoted on saying he is the fastest linebacker he has seen in a long time.

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2009/04/18...8e310899527.txt

That's because he's really a safety playing linebacker. So sure he's fast but I'm not convinced that ANY of these young backers are BIG 12 tough just yet. And none of us will know until conference play starts. VT might prove to be a challenge, but their O still won't compare to those in our own conference.