#1's - May (weakside) Koehler (middle) Fisher (strongside)

Or maybe the redshirts are as far along as many hoped, and Matthew May is just that good. It is possible to have a special player that is a walk on. Not all of them are degenerates like a lot of people on here seem to think so.

I'm excited about that lineup. We have good solid depth too so there probably won't be much of a dropoff when we sub in.

It's early too. I doubt that lineup will stay the same come fall camp anyway.

Or maybe the redshirts are as far along as many hoped, and Matthew May is just that good. It is possible to have a special player that is a walk on. Not all of them are degenerates like a lot of people on here seem to think so.

I'm excited about that lineup. We have good solid depth too so there probably won't be much of a dropoff when we sub in.

True, true. I'm a Matt May and Colton Koehler fan, I didn't mean for it to sound like I was disparaging them.

True, true. I'm a Matt May and Colton Koehler fan, I didn't mean for it to sound like I was disparaging them.

I figured you didn't mean anything by it either. I just had to stick up for my boy May. He's going to do some great things here before he leaves.

Regardless of whether all those redshirt freshman are better or not, they are still going to get quite a few reps for the upcoming year. And I'm also extremely excited by the fact that we will have the same group of guys in the linebacking corp for the next 3 years (after the 2009 season finishes).

Interesting. Maybe Pelini has 2 groups of 3 that have good chemistry and he is keeping those to see how they perform in live action? Or maybe he is shaking up the lineup to see if these 3 are a good mix together. Good for Matthew if he is indeed dominating.

does that mean they are the #1's though?

Because I thought they were going to split the teams up for the spring game evenly...

"Although NU hasn't announced how it might split teams Saturday, the No. 1 linebacking crew going into practices today and Thursday appears to be May (weakside), Colton Koehler (middle) and Fisher (strongside)."

So Will Compton = BUST??

I don't think so. It seems, from the outside looking in, that it's not a case of scholarship players under-performing as much as walk-ons exceeding expectations.

Gotta love the fire this builds under everyone. I still remember that greasy feeling in Spring ball 07 when Calli was telling us how tight the competition was between Sam (whom I have no beef with) and Joey. I was never sure that the the QB spot was really up for grabs. With this staff, it is perfectly clear that the best players will see the field and everyone is hearing footsteps (see Phillip Dillard and Adi).

Like I said, this is a good thing, not something to be concerned about.

:corndance

So Will Compton = BUST??

Yes, Will Compton, a second year player, is a bust. Might as well strip him of his scholarship and tell him to try badminton or something.

:rollin

Just cause a redshirt freshman isn't beating out older, more experienced players for a starting job doesn't necessarily mean he's a bust Axl_sued_me.

Want a bust? I'll introduce you to Marlon Lucky :wacko:

So Will Compton = BUST??

Yes, Will Compton, a second year player, is a bust. Might as well strip him of his scholarship and tell him to try badminton or something.

:rollin

Just cause a redshirt freshman isn't beating out older, more experienced players for a starting job doesn't necessarily mean he's a bust Axl_sued_me.

Want a bust? I'll introduce you to Marlon Lucky :wacko:

Oh no you didn't...ML was not a bust. Sure, he may not have lived up to ALL the hype, but overall he was a solid, contributing player for our offense, and if you don't think so, then I would recommend buying the 2007 season off of huskernation! :box