Spring Game/UNL Students

I took my family to the spring game, cause I thought it would be fun for them and we could afford it. When I got my tickets with assigned seat, the STUDENTS, who did not buy a ticket were seated in my seats. All they wanted to do is argue that the seats were the seat for them. They would not move and there where NO USHERS around. Did anyone else have this problem, and if so shouldn't the students get tickets from now on to help curve this problem. Plus why was there not any ushers or security in the stands. My kids did not have fun because the students would not move, all they would do is argue and when they finally did move they were rude.

my seats where in sect 13, row 19. the students that refused to move said they did not have any tickets and that sect 13 was 12. We even had season ticket holders in sect 13 tell them that it was sect 13. they just stood and argued. Halfway threw the 2 quarted another family came to ge into the seats they had bought and the students (about 10 of them argued that it was their seats. Security came and they took off.

drunk & rude don't blame me, I wasn't there. And I'd be one of the oldest students evah. :)

Out of 77,000 there have to be more than a couple. Odds on favorite.

There should have been someone around to help you though.

Hope you could at least enjoy some of the game/scrimmage.

GBR

rawhide, i dont think it was directed that all students from UNL attending the game are drunk d*ckheads. :)

But it is unfortunate that some bad apples ruin the fun for everyone else.

I would have made an example for the kids though, and told them this is what happens when you drink alcohol and do drugs, haha.

I took my family to the spring game, cause I thought it would be fun for them and we could afford it. When I got my tickets with assigned seat, the STUDENTS, who did not buy a ticket were seated in my seats. All they wanted to do is argue that the seats were the seat for them. They would not move and there where NO USHERS around. Did anyone else have this problem, and if so shouldn't the students get tickets from now on to help curve this problem. Plus why was there not any ushers or security in the stands. My kids did not have fun because the students would not move, all they would do is argue and when they finally did move they were rude.

The students were assigned entire blocks in South Stadium and in the Southeast corner of East Stadium. Where were your seats?

It's unfortunate that these students gave others a bad name. My seats were in East Stadium and I had two drunk 30 somethings behind me who were more obnoxious than 95% of the students that I experienced in 5 years in the student section.

We had General Admission tickets...so if you were in the South or East part then those students weren't doing anything wrong. Some guys tried telling us we were in their seats but it was the student section...

However, I'm sure some students probably may have thought it was general admission everywhere in the stadium or just didnt care and ruined it for you guys.

yes.. all kids spwan from satan, and our purpose in life is to piss everyone else off. glad you figured it out. when you say students you generalize everyone. just as i wouldnt say all old people tell me to sit down at the game, not all students took your seats.

Sorry had to say it, its been a bad couple of weeks :rant

yes.. all kids spwan from satan, and our purpose in life is to piss everyone else off. glad you figured it out. when you say students you generalize everyone. just as i wouldnt say all old people tell me to sit down at the game, not all students took your seats.

Sorry had to say it, its been a bad couple of weeks :rant

:box Good point...I think.

OP, I'd kind of like to know where your seats were at. Students got tickets in the South and East stadium, so if you were over there that is technically where they should have been sitting.

If that wasn't where you were, however, I'm sorry. Some people can be d*cks.

I used to be in ROTC, and the University has been pretty good at distributing the guys in the orange coats around the stadium to do security, etc. I noticed during the game there were a lot of orange coats hanging out by the fences between the field and the walking areas in the East and West stadiums. I also noticed when someone had some sort of medical emergency in the North stadium there was about 10 security guys that arrived before the paramedics, so they ARE out there. Sorry you couldn't find any.

I believe this year the Spring Game was even more restrictive than previous years. It used to be that kids were allowed into the stadium for free, and weren't assigned a seat if they did the drug-free pledge at halftime, but this year TO made it so everyone must have a ticket if they were going to attend. That meant everyone had to have an assigned seat. I know students will move to sit with their friends during the game, but they ARE assigned a seat, and if they are in your seat, an usher or security can correct the situation. There are also actual policemen/campus security guys there on hand if things get really out of hand.

Sorry for the bad experience - I think they might have been a little under-staffed, because it was a Spring game after all.

I used to be in ROTC, and the University has been pretty good at distributing the guys in the orange coats around the stadium to do security, etc. I noticed during the game there were a lot of orange coats hanging out by the fences between the field and the walking areas in the East and West stadiums. I also noticed when someone had some sort of medical emergency in the North stadium there was about 10 security guys that arrived before the paramedics, so they ARE out there. Sorry you couldn't find any.

I believe this year the Spring Game was even more restrictive than previous years. It used to be that kids were allowed into the stadium for free, and weren't assigned a seat if they did the drug-free pledge at halftime, but this year TO made it so everyone must have a ticket if they were going to attend. That meant everyone had to have an assigned seat. I know students will move to sit with their friends during the game, but they ARE assigned a seat, and if they are in your seat, an usher or security can correct the situation. There are also actual policemen/campus security guys there on hand if things get really out of hand.

Sorry for the bad experience - I think they might have been a little under-staffed, because it was a Spring game after all.

The students were not assigned specific seats. They were assigned to sit in blocks of seats in south stadium and Southeast East Stadium. (ex. You are a assigned Section 20. You can sit anywhere in section 20.)