2005 Oklahoma vs. Nebraska on ESPN Classic

Ya it did pick up at the end of that season, but even in the CU game we still couldnt run at all. We did pretty well in the 06 season and we all know how the 07 season went. I was encouraged by the way we performed against ranked teams last year aside from Mizzou and OU. Overall I just like the toughness NU is starting to display from top to bottom.

So.....Texas Tech and...that's it?

We played VaTech closely..they're a pretty good football team.

Sorry Landlord I should say I liked the way we performed against ranked or teams that probably were more athletic than us. We competed fairly well against Va. tech, should have beat texas tech, did beat KU and clemson. In the past we either had a loss against a team that we should have badly beaten or just flat out couldnt even move the ball against ranked teams. Under Cally we lost or played poorly against teams such as Pitt, KU, Okie St. when they werent as good, southern miss., CU. Like I said, after watching the 05 game today and noticing just the lack of collisions I love the way we played last year with less talent than a lot of teams. I liked the way we looked at the recent spring game even more with the amount of speed we have.

Point taken, and agreed to some extent. I do think, however, that Callahan's 2006 team was a pretty decent team and although we didnt' beat any of the teams better than us, it was hard to get closer to doing so than we did.

Ya it did pick up at the end of that season, but even in the CU game we still couldnt run at all. We did pretty well in the 06 season and we all know how the 07 season went. I was encouraged by the way we performed against ranked teams last year aside from Mizzou and OU. Overall I just like the toughness NU is starting to display from top to bottom.

Va Tech wasn't ranked.

My point is even during the 06' season we lost to Okie St. who we were dominating and should have beat but we ended up losing, much like we did at least once every year Cally was head coach. I don't want to turn this into Bo versus Cally bc that's dumb and pointless. I guess my main point is I like the way Bo's toughness and fight is rubbing off on the team and we won every game we were "supposed" to win and some games we probably shouldn't have if youre looking at it on paper. We did all of that with a patchwork defense.

Sorry Landlord I should say I liked the way we performed against ranked or teams that probably were more athletic than us. We competed fairly well against Va. tech, should have beat texas tech, did beat KU and clemson. In the past we either had a loss against a team that we should have badly beaten or just flat out couldnt even move the ball against ranked teams. Under Cally we lost or played poorly against teams such as Pitt, KU, Okie St. when they werent as good, southern miss., CU. Like I said, after watching the 05 game today and noticing just the lack of collisions I love the way we played last year with less talent than a lot of teams. I liked the way we looked at the recent spring game even more with the amount of speed we have.

Point taken, and agreed to some extent. I do think, however, that Callahan's 2006 team was a pretty decent team and although we didnt' beat any of the teams better than us, it was hard to get closer to doing so than we did.

Va Tech wasn't ranked.

True, but regardless, I feel just because they aren't ranked doesn't mean they aren't as good as top 25 teams. Even though I feel their BCS game was the least interesting and the team they played was slightly overrated, they were still as good as any football team we played and they finished in the top 20. Says a lot, imho.