Cody Glenn

Just because he was drafted first does not mean he was the most talented...it is based on need and system.

That's right! He wasn't drafted to play for the Skins, they picked him as their new VP of ticket sales!

(Sorry if I offended you all - could not resist)

Just because he was drafted first does not mean he was the most talented...it is based on need and system.

I agree with this for the most part, but more specifically I think it is a 50/50 deal. They judge the talent and then look at their needs, and then make a choice off of what they need and then take the best available player at the position. They go hand in hand. You need one to have the other.

Come on, 50/50 is not agreeing with his post for the most part.

Actually I think enhance was agreeing with TT. He is just saying that talent is the initial qualifier to get on the list of players a team will consider. From that point the actual selections are based upon taking players from that list that fit the needs best, not necessarily taking the top player overall on their list.

So what he is saying is talent is the biggest factor, not needs. You can't say "I agree with this for the most part" and then say it's 50/50. That's not agreeing more one way or another.

I totally get what he's saying I was just trying to be an ass.

Not all draft busts are due to lack of talent. Sometimes it's just hard to judge what we happen to a kid after you give him million$ without proving anything at all at that level. It happens in all the sports. I don't see how you can single out the NFL. Leach has never had a prize recruit not pan out? I doubt it.

There's not much of a great track record of Leach's QBs in the NFL, is there?

I agree with this for the most part, but more specifically I think it is a 50/50 deal. They judge the talent and then look at their needs, and then make a choice off of what they need and then take the best available player at the position. They go hand in hand. You need one to have the other.

Actually I think enhance was agreeing with TT. He is just saying that talent is the initial qualifier to get on the list of players a team will consider. From that point the actual selections are based upon taking players from that list that fit the needs best, not necessarily taking the top player overall on their list.

So what he is saying is talent is the biggest factor, not needs. You can't say "I agree with this for the most part" and then say it's 50/50. That's not agreeing more one way or another.

<_<

Specifically, I'm saying I agree with him that they pick on a need based system, but it all starts with talent. Obviously the combine doesn't show you what you need, it shows you who is talented.

I can see how it can be confusing and contradictory, but there really is no way for me to put it, unless I say I completely disagree and think it is a 50/50 deal, but then It'd still be misleading because I'd be partially agreeing with him still. See the conundrum?

<_<

Specifically, I'm saying I agree with him that they pick on a need based system, but it all starts with talent. Obviously the combine doesn't show you what you need, it shows you who is talented.

I can see how it can be confusing and contradictory, but there really is no way for me to put it, unless I say I completely disagree and think it is a 50/50 deal, but then It'd still be misleading because I'd be partially agreeing with him still. See the conundrum?

Gotcha, I was just being a-hole, hope no offense was taken!!

<_<

Gotcha, I was just being a-hole, hope no offense was taken!!

haha none taken :thumbs