Does NU's offense give it a recruiting advantage?

This offense still has parts of the spread though that will drive a lot of NFL scouts away. You never see quarterbacks in the shotgun in the NFL, and we still operate in that formation 60 percent of the time. Granted, it's nice that we aren't constantly back there, but we've been running the wco for 6 years now and we've yet to get anyone in the NFL.

Put the bong down and back away slowly!

:dumdum

:laughpound

Your feeble attempts to make me feel stupid for my comment are too little, too late. That has already happened. Thanks anyway though. Carry on.

Untwist your boxers. I wasn't trying to make you feel stupid, rather I was enjoying a good laugh. Thanks for letting me know how insecure you are though.

This offense still has parts of the spread though that will drive a lot of NFL scouts away. You never see quarterbacks in the shotgun in the NFL, and we still operate in that formation 60 percent of the time. Granted, it's nice that we aren't constantly back there, but we've been running the wco for 6 years now and we've yet to get anyone in the NFL.

Put the bong down and back away slowly!

Your feeble attempts to make me feel stupid for my comment are too little, too late. That has already happened. Thanks anyway though. Carry on.

Untwist your boxers. I wasn't trying to make you feel stupid, rather I was enjoying a good laugh. Thanks for letting me know how insecure you are though.

Your welcome?

And you're right, you make me so insecure. Message boards are so intimidating and daunting. I don't even know why I post here.

Haha!

Wait...maybe YOU should put the bong down now.

Get a room you two. :hellloooo

Anyway, I don't see where this offense gives us any more of a recruiting advantage than most other schools. We're probably not going to see a Navy or GT QB drafted anytime soon, but how many schools actually had a QB drafted, and how many drafted highly? Not many.

I was perfectly happening with NU getting the best, or one of the best, option QB available. I don't care whether they're drafted or not. This seemed to work pretty well for about 40 years.

Anyway, I don't see where this offense gives us any more of a recruiting advantage than most other schools. We're probably not going to see a Navy or GT QB drafted anytime soon, but how many schools actually had a QB drafted, and how many drafted highly? Not many.

I was perfectly happening with NU getting the best, or one of the best, option QB available. I don't care whether they're drafted or not. This seemed to work pretty well for about 40 years.

If NU was running the same offense it was running up until 5+years ago, then I would agree with you. As it stands, the current offense requires a QB that can run and throw equally well. Doesn't matter what we did for 40 years, it matters what the current staff has installed and has the expertise to run and tweak.

If NU was running the same offense it was running up until 5+years ago, then I would agree with you. As it stands, the current offense requires a QB that can run and throw equally well. Doesn't matter what we did for 40 years, it matters what the current staff has installed and has the expertise to run and tweak.

Agreed. My point was just that I don't believe NU's current style of offense is any more or less conducive to getting one drafted versus other systems outside of Navy and GT. I just want NU to get QBs that THEY need to make THEIR offensive work. I could care less whether that translates into a draft pick or not. If certian recruits don't want to come to NU due to NU's type of offense, then so be it. They obviously wouldn't have worked out anyway. Those that excell in NU's current type of offense will consider coming to NU regardless of how this offense translates to the NFL (just like they did when NU ran option).

Agreed. My point was just that I don't believe NU's current style of offense is any more or less conducive to getting one drafted versus other systems outside of Navy and GT. I just want NU to get QBs that THEY need to make THEIR offensive work. I could care less whether that translates into a draft pick or not. If certian recruits don't want to come to NU due to NU's type of offense, then so be it. They obviously wouldn't have worked out anyway. Those that excell in NU's current type of offense will consider coming to NU regardless of how this offense translates to the NFL (just like they did when NU ran option).

We are on the same page except here where you lose me. Because NU does run an offense that is still based on the WCO, no matter how much spread is put in, that can be attractive to prospective QB recruits. You here the top QB's talk about how certain coaches, schools, or offenses will best prepare them or give them a shot at the NFL. While I don't fully agree with Sip's premise, mostly because I believe ultimately Wats will taylor the O around the personnel and not visa versa, he does have a point about the O being a possible good recruiting tool. This is all assuming the NU can put someone like Lee or Green into the NFL. If that happens then I agree with Sip in that this will turn into a great recruiting tool for NU, which I am all for it allows the staff to get the best QB's on their board. I agree with you, they should and will get the best QB for the system, but the system being run does allow some advantages over other Big XII teams as far as NFL compatibility goes.