Mizzou writers up to it again...

Still..It was hard to figgure out why the conference team with by far, the largest population base didn't win more.

Husker37,

that is a long story for another day. But lets just say for the short and nasty version that at some point in time MU decided they wanted to push academics instead of sports. (stupid, your still a university even if you push sports) hired a couple of the wrong coaches and TO'ed a group of HS coaches in your largest market leaving a black mark for your school and promting most of the best talent in the city to go the route of the big 10 schools.

All in all, about 25 years of bad choices... <_<

P.S. I have heard stories about that game. Seen footage also, but too young to be there. Everything that i have heard was about a back and forth game. Alot of good players on the field for both teams. trading 4th quarter scores. Nebraksa's ability to move the ball throughout the cold, windy day. MUs ability to make the big plays. Quite the game really from all accounts. Much like the 97 game. only it wasnt as bitterly cold and it wasnt the last game of the season. I still to this day carry good memories of that 97 game. Sucks that we lost. Some NE fans were jerks after, most were excited but polite. I was heartbroken at the time. But will never forget the excitement of that night now that I'm older. Overall a pretty good memory, even in defeat...

:)

I was ~17..I just remember James Wilder running up our gut and scoring 3-4 tds in the last quarter..And losing the feeling in my toes and finners'

Hate to bring up any sour memories, but that last Wilder Td, the "get outta my way" kung-fu chop, is one of my all time favorite MU plays. That guy was a beast. Just a Soph. that year, i believe. 78 it a perfect example of being a MU fan. Big upset wins, losses you cant seem to explain. LOL.

atleast you got a good game while freezing. I sat in the 5 degree KC air for 3 1/2 hours and all I got was 1 quarter of good football. :lol:

We have been taken by MU the last few years, it is hard to deal with, when for decades you always got a W against Mizzou. You certainly have some room to brag, but I am telling you, BO will get our defense to a top 10 level. If the Blackshirts take as big a step as I think they will this year, look out Mizzou fans we could be starting another streak. I like Pinkel and I like his recruiting classes....but I think it is just a matter of time until BO gets his players and this will be back to life as it should be.....HUSKER DOMINATION......IMHO....but enjoy your moment.....it was a long time coming!

We have been taken by MU the last few years, it is hard to deal with, when for decades you always got a W against Mizzou. You certainly have some room to brag, but I am telling you, BO will get our defense to a top 10 level. If the Blackshirts take as big a step as I think they will this year, look out Mizzou fans we could be starting another streak. I like Pinkel and I like his recruiting classes....but I think it is just a matter of time until BO gets his players and this will be back to life as it should be.....HUSKER DOMINATION......IMHO....but enjoy your moment.....it was a long time coming!

IMHO, the North will never be "dominated" again by 1 single team. Nowadays things go in cycles, team and personel change constantly. That's just the way it is. As impressive as the Huskers run throughout the 90's was, and I guess you could say USC has the same kinda thing going this decade, those are few and far between. The landscape of college football has changed a lot since the 70's and 80s. Schools are trying harder than ever to compete in football, since it clearly pays the bills.

I think you'll continue to see some back to back north titles...perhaps even a 3 peat here and there, but the days of a team winning a division 5 years in a row are long gone. Well, accept of course you have USC across your chest. Bastards.

Wow, i cant believe how much trash talking goes on between Mizzou and Nebraska, and football season hasnt even started yet! haha. But to throw in my two cents, im a dedicated NU fan, and my best friend is a dedicated Mizzou fan, during the past two years, the two horrible losses, i congratulated him and Mizzou for the wins. We have beat up on Missouri plenty of times, its only fair for them to return the favor :)

The scales will always tip back and forth when it comes to rivalries, thats why they are called rivarlies.

Wow, i cant believe how much trash talking goes on between Mizzou and Nebraska, and football season hasnt even started yet! haha. But to throw in my two cents, im a dedicated NU fan, and my best friend is a dedicated Mizzou fan, during the past two years, the two horrible losses, i congratulated him and Mizzou for the wins. We have beat up on Missouri plenty of times, its only fair for them to return the favor

No it's not...If Nebraska could beat Missouri 70-0 every single year then that would be just fine with me.

:laughpound