Mizzou writers up to it again...

All of this bantering is MOOt. We all know Nebraska is going to beat misery this year. This writer doesn't know what he's talking about. End of story.

Like a cow's opinion??? Sorry Friends reference real quick.

Short, sweet, and right to the point. I tend to agree with you on this one, but it is still a mental challenge.

And Fro Daddy, no disrespect meant here because you are awesome, I would say that the fact Pinkel (before the former OC was helping call plays I believe) was completely and utterly out coached by KEVIN COSGROVE. There is no way you should have lost a single game to NU over that 4 year stretch with Cosgrove as the DC against your offense.

That being said, maybe it is a bigger deal than you let on that Christensen (I think that was his name) is gone...

Just sayin'.........

no need to appoligize,

we will find out, that is one thing that is for sure. :) But remember Christensen was the OC during that game also. Had been for 8 years. So any blame you place on Pinkel for playcalling could equally be placed on DC's shoulders also. Same goes with all the credit he has gotten in the past 2 years.

I dont know for sure. But I would say this, Pinkel has a track record of offensive success at Washington, Toledo and MU. DC has the past few years at MU & what ever Wyoming does now that he is the man there.

I will fully give credit to DC for one thing though. he is the one that proposed they move to the spread after the 04 disaster.

This year, hopefully it'll be an ESPN Instant Classic. Just a good back and forth battle and the game is won late in the 4th qtr. By Nebraska of course

No, please. This is one of the last things I want from a Nebraska game. I would much prefer like a 57-0 Husker victory like some mid-90's NU-Miz games.

Hellz yeah..All this trash talking by Missouri fans is getting under my skin more than ever...I can't wait for the Huskers to dominate the series once again...and make Blaine Gabbbert regret his decision to join a team gettin ready to dive bomb back into mediocrity!

GO BIG RED!

Dave Matter calms the wild and crazy red mob...

(On second thought, Nebraska fans have apparently discovered Sunday’s story. Some aren’t happy that I wrote Nebraska’s offense “wasn’t all that explosive anyway.” OK, OK, probably not the best choice of words. That's a fair criticism on the angry red mob that's growing online. The Huskers ranked 12th nationally in total offense, 17th in yards per play. Nationwide, those figures are impressive. Within the conference, they ranked sixth in both, much like a lot of Nebraska’s offensive stats from last season. They were middle of the pack in the league in several categories, though they were No. 2 nationally in time of possession, which probably explains my “not as explosive” comment. Nebraska also led the Big 12 in turnovers with 28.)

Some other good stuff on MU, Big 12, College football, cornerbacks, along with musings and ramblings from one of the mid-west's better sportswriters

http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/beh...of-the-mondays/

It appears the fight for second place has already begun between NU and MU fans. LOL- As a Jayhawks, I'll let you girls bicker about who is 2nd, while I enjoys the jayhawks top spot! :)

well i guess u can enjoy the preaseason ranking cause that may be the only top spot you see this year :) GO BIG RED!

It appears the fight for second place has already begun between NU and MU fans. LOL- As a Jayhawks, I'll let you girls bicker about who is 2nd, while I enjoys the jayhawks top spot! :)

enjoys your preseason feelings, because (god it feels good to say this to someone after i have heard it for 5 years now) if you cant get your first #1 finish this year with NU and MU reloading, then your jayhawks never will. ;)

:LOLtartar

enjoys your preseason feelings, because (god it feels good to say this to someone after i have heard it for 5 years now) if you cant get your first #1 finish this year with NU and MU reloading, then your jayhawks never will. ;)

"reloading"? Fro Daddy....I think the word you're looking for is "rebuilding". I just hope your Tigers can manage to score a few TD's at Arrowhead this year. I sure would ahte for the score to get messy! Oh wait, I would love it! LOL :box

"reloading"? Fro Daddy....I think the word you're looking for is "rebuilding". I just hope your Tigers can manage to score a few TD's at Arrowhead this year. I sure would ahte for the score to get messy! Oh wait, I would love it! LOL :box

i guess we will see if it is reloading or rebuilding once the season starts.

i will say that i am sure that both NU and MU are a lot closer to reloading than the jayhawks are...

OH MY GOD!

Someone's not picking Nebraska to be the best team in the Milky Way!

Actually, Dave Matter writes exclusively on Mizzou sports and has a very informed opinion. The guy's at every single practice.

And don't forget he's a Missourian - as for Nebraska? "Show Me".

Missery has 8 victories against Nebraska in the past 39 games...show me indeed.

And if you seriously believe that your Tiggers will win the north after losing: both your OC and DC coordinators, a 3 year starter at QB, Maclin and Coffman, among others, then I'll show you alright...I'll show you to a rehab facility so you can kick your crack habit.

F' in missery fans...you get two victories over Nebraska, during the four years where we had arguably the worst coaches in college football history on our sideline and you think you're king of the world.

:box

As for '08...well the team was still trying to recover from the previous moron we had as head coach. :dumdum

I will show you 4 of the last six (3 of the last 4). Because you and I both know what happened in 1981 effects 2009. Because you know, NOBODY FOR EITHER TEAM WAS BORN THEN. Yes Nebraska ran of 25 staight, that can not be overlooked, BUT its the FAR past and has no effect. That streak ended 6 years ago. Long before anyone on campus now stepped foot there. For that matter Missouri lost its fear in 97. They may not have won that game, or the next 6 but people kept thinking they could win. And when it happend they started expecting to win in Columbia.

Infact I would argue that for the current huskers, if they dont beat MU this year there might become a mental hurdle. "Mu just owns us." And when its the middle of a game that thought starts creepin up as things go wrong. I sure know this. Few current Tigers even know what a close game with Nebraka looks like. They are used to walking right up and kickin their aazzzzzes.

I have gone over this before, but if you are crapping on this team because of the loss of cordinators, you are dead wrong. BTW does NU have a D cord worth a darn?? NO the they the boneheaded brother who couldnt get his own job. But that doesnt matter because Bo's the HC right? Just checking. I thought that MU's HC was the OC for a National Champion and had been an offensive coach for twice as long as BO BO has been in football. But I am sure that doesnt count right?? Not to mention that the current OC called plays with the old OC last year and the year before and the year...well you get the idea.

Let homers talk and dream Jen. Its kinda like you believing NU will blow away the North and Kick MU's butt even though Nebraksa lost one of the highest rated Qb's in their history and two year starter. a 4 year TB who was a great duel threat and a total yardage leader, two of the most decorated WR's in your history including one of the best statistical WR Nebraska has ever had & two NFL caliber O Linemen.

Talking smack or not. Its lipstick on a pig. Both teams are doing it. You are just as guilty as MTF.

IM OUT! :box:thumbs

:)

So in a few years if the Huskers go on a streak of 8 or 9 wins in a row Missery fans won't be saying, "Look what we used to do to you 9 years ago. We used to kick your butts." Something tells me if something like this were to happen, Missery fans would be more than happy to go back 9 years to try and rub in our faces that you won so many of so many games against us. Don't be arrogant, you will!!!!!!!

Thats not my game. You dont see me talking about how we beat your 97 championship team and got robbed on an illegal play. I dont tell stories about how in 78 MU ended your orange bowl dreams stunning the home crowd. I dont preach about what brad smith did. And I wont talk about what Daniel, Coffman and Maclin did either. I dont brag/live in the past. Really who cares about that. They are fun stories and nice to remember, but does nothing for this years game. It doesnt effect the here and now. IF that was my style I would talk about how MU was the winnest major college program during the 1960's. I would talk smack about how from 58-62 Mu won 4 straight against nebraska by a total margin of 78-0. Thats right 4 straight shutouts. But what does that get me? A whole lotta nothing.

Unlike 'husker fan' thats not my style. ;)

BTW, We beat you last year!! :horns2:lol:

Hey, Yeah...Thanks so much for "not mentioning it"

Fargen Icehole! :laughpound

That '78 game was me and my Dad's first (and his last) game in person, and I still have that image of the nasty Missouri student jumping on cars and making me feel worse as I was walking through campus..It was less than 20F, sleeting, and Tom had finally beaten Barry for the first time the week before...Then...because of you..we had a rematch in the Orange Bowl with one of OU's best teams...

My college roomate's Dad was a UM grad, and would always come down for the game and give us a hard time, so the rivaly was a little intense for awhile on a personal level.

Over the years, it seemed like either OSU or UM (or both) would give us our toughest battle for a win of anybody in the big-8..it was mainly luck that we had such a nice streak against you and the 'Pokes...but you're right..History doesn't mean that much to the kids playing today.

Still..It was hard to figgure out why the conference team with by far, the largest population base didn't win more.

Still..It was hard to figgure out why the conference team with by far, the largest population base didn't win more.

Husker37,

that is a long story for another day. But lets just say for the short and nasty version that at some point in time MU decided they wanted to push academics instead of sports. (stupid, your still a university even if you push sports) hired a couple of the wrong coaches and TO'ed a group of HS coaches in your largest market leaving a black mark for your school and promting most of the best talent in the city to go the route of the big 10 schools.

All in all, about 25 years of bad choices... <_<

P.S. I have heard stories about that game. Seen footage also, but too young to be there. Everything that i have heard was about a back and forth game. Alot of good players on the field for both teams. trading 4th quarter scores. Nebraksa's ability to move the ball throughout the cold, windy day. MUs ability to make the big plays. Quite the game really from all accounts. Much like the 97 game. only it wasnt as bitterly cold and it wasnt the last game of the season. I still to this day carry good memories of that 97 game. Sucks that we lost. Some NE fans were jerks after, most were excited but polite. I was heartbroken at the time. But will never forget the excitement of that night now that I'm older. Overall a pretty good memory, even in defeat...

Husker37,

that is a long story for another day. But lets just say for the short and nasty version that at some point in time MU decided they wanted to push academics instead of sports. (stupid, your still a university even if you push sports) hired a couple of the wrong coaches and TO'ed a group of HS coaches in your largest market leaving a black mark for your school and promting most of the best talent in the city to go the route of the big 10 schools.

All in all, about 25 years of bad choices... <_<

P.S. I have heard stories about that game. Seen footage also, but too young to be there. Everything that i have heard was about a back and forth game. Alot of good players on the field for both teams. trading 4th quarter scores. Nebraksa's ability to move the ball throughout the cold, windy day. MUs ability to make the big plays. Quite the game really from all accounts. Much like the 97 game. only it wasnt as bitterly cold and it wasnt the last game of the season. I still to this day carry good memories of that 97 game. Sucks that we lost. Some NE fans were jerks after, most were excited but polite. I was heartbroken at the time. But will never forget the excitement of that night now that I'm older. Overall a pretty good memory, even in defeat...

I was ~17..I just remember James Wilder running up our gut and scoring 3-4 tds in the last quarter..And losing the feeling in my toes and finners'

A lot of people will say...it's just the wins that count..

But when trying to predict how your program will stack up against another or even next year's game..you need to take how they won into account.

I "feel" we will beat you guys next year..But I'm mucho more confident that it will be a very tough game.

(And I appreciate our history as opponents).

i guess we will see if it is reloading or rebuilding once the season starts.

i will say that i am sure that both NU and MU are a lot closer to reloading than the jayhawks are...

How do you figure that???? Creepy comment. :dumdum