Auburn Recruiting

What are they saying to these recruits? They are in the lead for Lache, Trovon Reed, Dyer, Lattimore, Eric Mack.... and the list goes on. Are they promising them a car? Does not make sense for a program that has been as down as they were in previous years and recruiting against Saban, Meyer, and everyone else is making this much headway? I'm not trying to hate but d*mn.

I will try to answer with what little I know.

The ultimate answer seems to be the assistants. Trooper Taylor to be more specific. This staff has had more hustle on the recruiting trail than ANY Auburn staff I have ever seen. Absolute road warriors up to this point.

There have been two things as well this staff has done that has gotten a lot of national publicity.

The first being "Tiger Prowl". Seven assistants piled into a limo with Auburn flags and stickers on it then proceeded to drive around the state landing at the high schools of many top state recruits. All above board and completely legal.

The second was this past weekend and was called "Big Cat" weekend. This is another brain child of Trooper Taylor and has a lot of major recruits coming to the school on the same weekend on unofficial visits. The process itself seems to be perfectly within the bounds of the National Communists Against Athletes manifesto but there may have been a secondary violation when one of the kids was introduced in public.

Look nobody was as surprised/disappointed than I was when we hired Chizik. I wanted Turner Gill and initially thought he did not get the job because the color of his skin. I have since reversed my opinion of that because we didn't even hire who I thought was the best white guy so in my mind that takes the race question out of it.

Our AD is a buffoon to say the least. not sure where the Chizik hire came out of. People forget that 3 years ago he was the hottest next hire in the country. I was very pleased with his performance as our DC in 2003 and 2004. Our defense both those years was just absolutely nasty. his defense at Texas after that was the same.

Whether or not he can hack it as a head coach I am not sure of but common don't even act like Ames, Iowa is a proving ground for anyone's coaching ability. You can barely convince sunshine to show up there. Paramount to me claiming Vanderbilt is a top tier program.

What I do know is that up to this point he has said and IMO done the right things. We will see if it translates into success on the field.