Lincoln Super Regional

Tickets

Nebraska may host a NCAA Baseball Super-Regional June 10-13 TBD. You can order your general admission (grass berm/standing room) tickets at 10:45 p.m. on-line. All-session tickets are $24 for adults and $15 for youth (2-17 years old, seniors 60 years and up and UNL students). Children under two years of age do not require a ticket for admission. This package contains tickets for this best two out of three game tournament. If you choose to pick your tickets up at the will call window, they will be ready to pick up Tuesday morning at the main Nebraska Athletic Ticket Office at Stadium Dr., just west of Memorial Stadium. Go Big Red!

Super regional announcement comes Tuesday

All tickets for the super regional are sold out. It took less then 14 hours.

Steven M. Sipple: Huskers-Canes showdown should produce true super regional

With all due respect to Creighton — and the Bluejays deserve plenty of it — a sense of inevitability permeated Sunday night's NCAA regional game against Nebraska. In short, Creighton ran out of quality pitching, a malady that strikes many college baseball teams during the postseason.

In hindsight, a crowd of 8,304 showed up Sunday for what amounted to a formality. Nebraska, comparably well-stocked with both pitching and energy, left no doubt regarding its supremacy in the four-team regional, which concluded with the top-seeded Huskers hammering the third-seeded Bluejays 10-2 at Haymarket Park.

In the eighth inning, when Nebraska's offense released the floodgates, the game essentially was reduced to a preliminary event.

Start the countdown for the main event.

Bring on Miami for the Super Bowl, er, super regional.

'Canes expect hostile crowd

UM realizes it won't find any love when it travels to Nebraska for a super regional.

By Omar Kelly | Miami Bureau

Posted June 7, 2005

CORAL GABLES -- Miami is usually one of the bigger draws in Omaha, Neb., when the Hurricanes advance to the College World Series. It appears UM has the same appeal down the road in Lincoln, where Nebraska will host Miami in a best-of-three super regional this weekend.

Even though dates and times for the series won't be announced until today, the Cornhuskers sold all 8,500 of their allotted tickets 13 hours after defeating Creighton 10-2 Sunday night to advance to the field of 16.

"The people in Nebraska love to hate Miami, period," said UM Coach Jim Morris, whose Hurricanes advanced to the super regional by beating Mississippi State 10-4 Sunday night, winning Miami's NCAA-record 12th consecutive regional.

"It goes back to football. They will either root for their team or anyone that plays Miami. "That's what's expected, and we'll be ready for it."

This is just the third time Miami (41-17-1) isn't hosting a super regional since the format began in 1999. The Hurricanes have struggled their two previous times on the road, being ousted by Florida State in 2000 and losing to South Carolina in 2002.

Along with playing in front of a hostile crowd, UM also must deal with the annual distraction that comes with today's Major League Baseball amateur draft. Morris predicts some of his players either will be thrilled or disappointed by the outcome.

Third baseman Ryan Braun and pitcher Cesar Carrillo (13-2) are projected as first-round picks. Miami hasn't had a first-round pick since Pat Burrell was selected No. 1 by the Philadelphia Phillies in 1998.

Nebraska (54-13), the No. 3 national seed, likely will have a first-rounder of its own in third baseman Alex Gordon, who is rated by Baseball America as the draft's No. 2 hitter. Nebraska also has three pitchers -- starters Zach Kroenke (7-2, 2.61 ERA) and Brian Duensing (8-0, 2.60 ERA), and closer Brett Jensen (3-4, 2.09 ERA, 13 saves) projected as high draft picks.

"It should definitely be an extremely challenging series," said Braun, who is hitting .396 with 18 home runs, 75 RBIs and 22 stolen bases. "We're looking forward to the challenge."

Omar Kelly writes for the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, a Tribune Publishing newspaper.

'Canes expect hostile crowd

UM realizes it won't find any love when it travels to Nebraska for a super regional.

"oh those unruly Nebraska ruffians! they're gonna boo us... i just know it."

gee... could we be *any* worse than Miami fans at the Orange Bowl?

i have no doubt they're gonna come to Nebraska, play (lose to the huskers :thumbs ) and on their return trip be thinking...

"y'know, that really wasn't that bad a crowd. i wish OUR fans were that cool."

NU, Canes to start Friday

The eight Super Regional hosts were announced

Indianapolis --- The eight Super Regional hosts were announced today by the NCAA Division I Baseball Committee which then announced the times of the eight best-of-three series.

A minimum of 33 hours of Super Regional television will be provided by ESPN and ESPN2. Consult local listings for specific games shown in each area of the country. As many as 14 national broadcast windows could appear on the two ESPN networks from June 10-13. In addition, ESPNU will provide bonus coverage of numerous Super Regional games.

The following four Super Regionals will be played Friday, June 10, Saturday, June 11 and Sunday, June 12 (if necessary). Updated records through the regionals are in parentheses. All eight national seeds advanced to the Super Regionals and their national seed is indicated before the team name. The four winners will open College World Series (CWS) play Friday, June 17. All times are local.

Miami (Fla.) (41-17-1) at No. 3 Nebraska (54-13)

12:05 p.m., 11:05 a.m., 3:05 p.m.

Tennessee (44-19) at No. 2 Georgia Tech (45-17)

4 p.m., 1 p.m., 6 p.m.

Florida State (53-18) at No. 7 Florida (43-20)

7 p.m., 7 p.m., 1 p.m.

Arizona State (37-22) at No. 6 Cal State Fullerton (45-16)

7 p.m., 4 p.m., 3 p.m.

The following four best-of-three super regionals will be played Saturday, June 11, Sunday, June 12, and Monday, June 13 (if necessary). The four winners will play their first CWS games Saturday, June 18. All times are local.

Clemson (42-21) at No. 4 Baylor (42-21)

11 a.m., 3 p.m., TBA

Rice (44-17) at No. 1 Tulane (53-9)

12 p.m., 12 p.m., TBA

Texas (49-15) at No. 5 Mississippi (47-18)

6 p.m., 5 p.m., TBA

Southern California (40-20) at No. 8 Oregon St. (44-9)

7 p.m., 6 p.m., 4 p.m.

The Lincoln Super Regional is officially sold out, as more then 8,500 tickets have been sold for this weekend. General admission seating was put on sale following Nebraska’s victory over Creighton in Sunday’s regional title game and sold out in 13 hours. This is the first meeting on the diamond between Miami and the Huskers, who are the No. 3 national seed in the tournament.

Nebraska Begins Super Regional Play Friday Against Miami

Huskers advance to Super Regional vs. Miami

The LJS thinks this is the biggest non-football event in the history of Lincoln. I tend to agree...GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!

I'm lovin every minute of it. I was at the Embassy Suites last night around 1:30am, "helping" the bartender to close and we saw some players come in, I was nice, but I had to be a little arrogant so as they were at the elevator I said "Welcome to Nebraska ..you'll never lose in a nicer place".

As I look back there's not a more childish, immature thing to do, but as I said I was helping the bartender close... :)

NU won't change pitching rotation

Nebraska will stick with the same pitching rotation that helped it sweep three games at last weekend's NCAA regional when the Huskers face Miami in the super regional series at Haymarket Park.

Right-handed sophomore Joba Chamberlain (8-2, 2.86 earned run average), a first-team All-Big 12 Conference pick, will try to match the efforts of Hurricane star Cesar Carrillo when the best-of-three series begins at 12:05 p.m. Friday. The junior right-hander, selected by San Diego as the 18th pick in Tuesday's Major League Baseball First-Year Players Draft, is 13-2 with a 2.22 ERA.