first depth chart?

i just got the athlon magazine, and it has antonio bell ahead of both niles paul and mendoza......anyone think this is messed up

Mendoza not really. Paul yes I am a little surprised

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Tim Marlowe, Khiry Cooper and Antonio Bell all supplanted Chris Brooks, Niles Paul and Will Henry as the top WR's.

I'm sorry but thus far Niles Paul has been a huge disappoinment. Sure he has very good straight line speed but when it comes to cutting and changing directions he's average at best.

C'mon Niles...make me eat crow...prove you are the legit WR most other Husker fans think you are.

Niles will play, but I think Meno and Chris Brooks are the ones that need to step up..Antonio Bell is gunna push for playing time, obviously. he was the biggest sleeper of the entire 2008 or 2009 class. whichever one he was, he was the best under-rated kid in the entire class, on the national scale not just nebraska's class.

QB And Experience

Burkhead as the third back, no doubt

Okafor, Ward, Jones even Mendoza will be the 3rd back. If Burkhead has so much talent, that they want him on the field, he would more likely be a WR where they really need someone to step up and almost certainly as a retruner, but not as a 3rd team RB. This staff doesn't seem inclined to burn a redshirt for 3rd team players.

QB And Experience

Burkhead as the third back, no doubt

Okafor, Ward, Jones even Mendoza will be the 3rd back. If Burkhead has so much talent, that they want him on the field, he would more likely be a WR where they really need someone to step up and almost certainly as a retruner, but not as a 3rd team RB. This staff doesn't seem inclined to burn a redshirt for 3rd team players.

Like the previous staff, burning redshirts for special teams.

i just got the athlon magazine, and it has antonio bell ahead of both niles paul and mendoza......anyone think this is messed up

Mendoza not really. Paul yes I am a little surprised

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Tim Marlowe, Khiry Cooper and Antonio Bell all supplanted Chris Brooks, Niles Paul and Will Henry as the top WR's.

I'm sorry but thus far Niles Paul has been a huge disappoinment. Sure he has very good straight line speed but when it comes to cutting and changing directions he's average at best.

C'mon Niles...make me eat crow...prove you are the legit WR most other Husker fans think you are.

I could agree about Bell passing them but Id have to question Khiry Cooper AND Marlowe.Cooper basically missed the entire spring.Im a huge fan of his and think POTENTIALLY Cooper and Bell could be the best pair of WRs we have had.Both have good height,size and speed.I just wish Cooper could be here for spring but of course baseball gets most of his spring attention.Talent wise ...YES I agree Cooper could pass all three guys BUT we know how hard it GENERALLY is for our guys to get this system down.I just dont see how Cooper could pass them...even though IMO he is more talented than them.

Now as far as Marlowe I just think his job will GENERALLY be as a slot guy in our offense.I do think hes explosive and may have a couple plays designed for him but I doubt we will see him as an every down WR over either of these guys.IMO he MIGHT play when their is multiple WRs sets BUT if he were to surpass Paul I think that would that would put him in the top 2-3 guys...I dont see that.Top 6?maybe but not top 3.