BIG 12 NORTH PRESEASON FORECAST

I really really liked Tommy Saunders. But, really, other than Booger, I haven't disliked any Tiger. I don't even dislike most Tiger fans. Just couldn't stand Booger. I'll go so far as to say I might even hate him. And, count me in as one person who roots for him to make the practice squad with the Redskins because it will all but guarantee I won't have to see him ever again. Having to see him on the Missouri sidelines as a GA/assistant would make me vomit.

Purify was the go-to guy 2 years ago, I believe Nunn was better then Swift, but for the sake of argument.. Lets say Swift was better. Thats still losing 2 of our top 3 guys, and none of us knew how great Peterson was going to be back then. Honestly, I am more confident in this years WR corp then I was in last years, despite once again some of our top guys gone.

I think the key to the receiving corps this year will be in how they employ Mendoza. I'd like to see him get as many reps as possible. He's explosive and that's what this team lacks at WR. Holt, Paul, Brooks and the rest of the crew look to be decent possession receivers but they lack the explosiveness a guy like Medoza brings to the game. (I haven't seen enough of Bell to say either way about him, but we'll see.) One missed tackle on Mendoza and that dude is gone. Which after it happens once, other teams will constantly be forced to account for him, leaving the others open to cause damage. I can't wait for this fall, to see how (or if) they utilize him.

I think the key to the receiving corps this year will be in how they employ Mendoza. I'd like to see him get as many reps as possible. He's explosive and that's what this team lacks at WR. Holt, Paul, Brooks and the rest of the crew look to be decent possession receivers but they lack the explosiveness a guy like Medoza brings to the game. (I haven't seen enough of Bell to say either way about him, but we'll see.) One missed tackle on Mendoza and that dude is gone. Which after it happens once, other teams will constantly be forced to account for him, leaving the others open to cause damage. I can't wait for this fall, to see how (or if) they utilize him.

If they use mendoza correctly (which I believe they will) then oh boy. Every other team can doubt our receivers or our quarterbacks but this kid is so fast that he can come around on a jet sweep, get the hand-off and then throw it 70 yds. for a touchdown to himself. Fact is this kid will be in the slot and he will be very tough to match up on. Like SoCal said, that will then open up other guys. And I wouldn't worry too much about Lee, because if he just throws to Mendoza he should never throw a pick. I mean just lead him about 20 yds. and he will catch up.

If they use mendoza correctly (which I believe they will) then oh boy. Every other team can doubt our receivers or our quarterbacks but this kid is so fast that he can come around on a jet sweep, get the hand-off and then throw it 70 yds. for a touchdown to himself. Fact is this kid will be in the slot and he will be very tough to match up on. Like SoCal said, that will then open up other guys. And I wouldn't worry too much about Lee, because if he just throws to Mendoza he should never throw a pick. I mean just lead him about 20 yds. and he will catch up.

The TE's will also take up a whole lot of slack. Nothing is better for a new QB than a TE security blanket.