BIG 12 NORTH PRESEASON FORECAST

I like Ganz, and he produced for us. But he was an average talent and a little pick-prone. Ganz came in for Keller and moved the rock from the get-go. There is no reason to think Lee can't do the same. I think Lee will be comparable to Ganz in '09 and be a real ass-kicker in '10.

I like Ganz, and he produced for us. But he was an average talent and a little pick-prone. Ganz came in for Keller and moved the rock from the get-go. There is no reason to think Lee can't do the same. I think Lee will be comparable to Ganz in '09 and be a real ass-kicker in '10.

I do not think it's lee's ability in doubt, more his WR's.

We said the same thing last year also when we had to replace Nunn and Purify.

are you kidding me?

are you kidding me?

Nope, that was the question everyone kept talking about last year. How will NU replace the top 2 WR's in Nunn and Purify? Swift was the third option back then. In 2007 Purify had 57 catches for 814 yards and 9 TD's in 11 games, he was 10th in the conference in catches per game, and 7th in the conference in receiving yards per game; by the way in 2007 KU didn't have a receiver in the top 10 of either category despite having a Passing O that was 4th in the conference at 291 yds/game because of all of the studs at WR in the conference and I think that puts what Purify did in perspective. Obviously Swift and Peterson as a top DUO were much better IMO, jury is still out if NU can replicate the same level of success again.

are you kidding me?

Nope, that was the question everyone kept talking about last year. How will NU replace the top 2 WR's in Nunn and Purify? Swift was the third option back then. In 2007 Purify had 57 catches for 814 yards and 9 TD's in 11 games, he was 10th in the conference in catches per game, and 7th in the conference in receiving yards per game; by the way in 2007 KU didn't have a receiver in the top 10 of either category despite having a Passing O that was 4th in the conference at 291 yds/game because of all of the studs at WR in the conference and I think that puts what Purify did in perspective. Obviously Swift and Peterson as a top DUO were much better IMO, jury is still out if NU can replicate the same level of success again.

sorry i should have posted a better response. I meant that after 07 you guys knew you were getting some pretty good WR's to replace Nunn and Purify. Little more uncertainty this year. Heck, Swift had what 5 or 6 TD's in 07

are you kidding me?

sorry i should have posted a better response. I meant that after 07 you guys knew you were getting some pretty good WR's to replace Nunn and Purify. Little more uncertainty this year. Heck, Swift had what 5 or 6 TD's in 07

I would agree with that sentiment, in 2008 we had more known quality coming back than this year. Not saying this group won't be better, it just doesn't have the game experience and stats Swift and Peterson had.

Nope, everyone was very concerned about replacing Nuun and Purify.

I believe the exact thought was "our two best WRs in '07 are being replaced by two white boys?"

...or something along those lines.

Nope, everyone was very concerned about replacing Nuun and Purify.

I believe the exact thought was "our two best WRs in '07 are being replaced by two white boys?"

...or something along those lines.

didn't swift have more TD's in 07 than nunn?

Swift was a known. Peterson was a bit of a surprise to me, but not Swift. Just as we know there is some talent at WR now that will be playing full time, Paul, Guillian are two i like. But the player that I personally think Nebraska fans are way to high on is Chris Brooks. He is gong into his senior year and has 3 career catches. I have heard all about his spring game. But is that more a reflection of a player who for 4 years has sucked finnaly getting good all at once? Or that he was facing less than steller DB's? Lots of players have flashes. He just has never shown up.

I dont know for sure, but I do know that I am a skeptical of what he will bring to the table this year.

Swift was a known. Peterson was a bit of a surprise to me, but not Swift. Just as we know there is some talent at WR now that will be playing full time, Paul, Guillian are two i like. But the player that I personally think Nebraska fans are way to high on is Chris Brooks. He is gong into his senior year and has 3 career catches. I have heard all about his spring game. But is that more a reflection of a player who for 4 years has sucked finnaly getting good all at once? Or that he was facing less than steller DB's? Lots of players have flashes. He just has never shown up.

I dont know for sure, but I do know that I am a skeptical of what he will bring to the table this year.

I don't think it will be Brooks either. Paul has 20 something catches and Holt 30 something catches, I think Holt will step up. I think we see Antonio Bell or Mendoza become the big play guys. Both are really fast and seem to have impressed the coaches. Will Henry had a very good Spring, but Jury is still out on him.

hey now!! I dont bag on NE very often.

I am guilty of playing devils advicate and being a smart arse. But I know good football players when I see them. And although I may not admit it outside of this site. I have Nebraska players that I like and respect.

wait....I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.... :lol: