Would VaTech win be "signature" win for Bo?

Yeah, I guess thats true. Frank actually had like 3 "signature wins". Texas in the Big XII championship game, then the Fiesta Bowl vs Tenn, then Oklahoma in 01... Didn't get him very far. I guess "signature wins" are a bit overrated.

dedhoarse

I think you guys and gals standard for a "signature win" may be too low. A signature win should be ONE win that defines a coaches career. It has to be one where you are the underdog, and pull a rabbit out of your hat to win with the dedication and belief of your players, and with some imaginative play calling on the coaches part - and may be one that wins either a conference or even the National Championship, but not necessarily, could just be a bowl game or a game where you are seen to have no chance at all at winning. Otherwise, those games where we piled 70 points on our opponents could have been called one, but they weren't.

For example...

If BC would have won against USC, it might have bought him some more time...and may have gotten his players to believe in him. I think that could have been a signature win - but it didn't happen. If it had, Bo might not be here now, who knows. So much rides on the emotional attachment fans and players can have with a coach. But you also have to have the talent, too. I am not sure that BC had that, or if he did, didn't know how to get it out of his players. It didn't take long for them to come around to not believing in what he was selling. Therefore, he had no "signature win" at Nebraska.

Yeah, I guess thats true. Frank actually had like 3 "signature wins". Texas in the Big XII championship game, then the Fiesta Bowl vs Tenn, then Oklahoma in 01... Didn't get him very far. I guess "signature wins" are a bit overrated.

dedhoarse

I think you guys and gals standard for a "signature win" may be too low. A signature win should be ONE win that defines a coaches career. It has to be one where you are the underdog, and pull a rabbit out of your hat to win with the dedication and belief of your players, and with some imaginative play calling on the coaches part - and may be one that wins either a conference or even the National Championship, but not necessarily, could just be a bowl game or a game where you are seen to have no chance at all at winning. Otherwise, those games where we piled 70 points on our opponents could have been called one, but they weren't.

For example...

If BC would have won against USC, it might have bought him some more time...and may have gotten his players to believe in him. I think that could have been a signature win - but it didn't happen. If it had, Bo might not be here now, who knows. So much rides on the emotional attachment fans and players can have with a coach. But you also have to have the talent, too. I am not sure that BC had that, or if he did, didn't know how to get it out of his players. It didn't take long for them to come around to not believing in what he was selling. Therefore, he had no "signature win" at Nebraska.

YES!!! Legit top 10 team on the road!!!

Well, like someone already said.. It depends alot on what happens in our first couple of games and what happens in VaTech's first couple. If both teams come in without a loss and NU wins, then it will be a big win. However, if Bama hammers VaTech and VT struggles vs the other team they play, it might not be such a great win. And if we come in with a loss... Well, lets not talk about that :)