Would VaTech win be "signature" win for Bo?

What Bo needs is another solid season, not a singular win. If Bo can put together a season that is identical to last year's, plus a win or two and close the gap in terms of margin of defeat, he will be doing his job. A signature is something that is left when you are gone. T.O.'s signature was not just the three NCs at the end of his reign, but, more over, a long string of solid seasons, and a reputation as an annual national contender. What would a VT win mean if the 2010 season ends with a mark of 5-6? Answer. Not a thing.

Good points, so more or less it would be a "greeting's" win.

One that says "hello college football, my name is Bo Pelini, I love defense and defense loves me. My team went through some hard times over the last few years due to an experiment by some douche bag who passed himself off as a football coach. But don't worry, were back. My team is hard as nails and plays every snap as if it was their last. We run sideline to sideline, wreaking havoc and smashing whatever piece of garbage is in our way. We run to win, pass to look good, and tackle to ensure greatness. If you like winning, get use to losing. And if you don't like losing, then don't play us. Every time we play its for all the marbles, so if you plan on talking, go ahead and talk your sh@t now, because come game time, we're lacing it up and beating your ass. "

:worship:worship:worship

I think that sums it up just about right.

From a different angle, should we be more excited about beating YOU or Bama? (not saying that either would happen with any certainty). On that note, how are you all doing with respect to tickets? How many Husker fans can we expect?

<_< For me it would only be a signature win if VT and the Huskers both won their respective conferences on top of it- which is a very long shot to happen. My standards for a signature win are a little higher - but then I am probably older than most of you, and have more to reference my standard to. Sometimes "signature wins" are over-stated. I plan on Bo being around for a long time - there will be a lot bigger wins in the future.

With that said, do you believe it can happen?

It could've happened last year if it wouldn't have been for those pathetic ACC referees who managed to give Va Tech 30 free and utterly bullsh** yards via two ridiculous personal foul penalties late in the 4th quarter.

:boxosoap

Haha. Could've happened last year. Sure won't happen this year.

What Bo needs is another solid season, not a singular win. If Bo can put together a season that is identical to last year's, plus a win or two and close the gap in terms of margin of defeat, he will be doing his job. A signature is something that is left when you are gone. T.O.'s signature was not just the three NCs at the end of his reign, but, more over, a long string of solid seasons, and a reputation as an annual national contender. What would a VT win mean if the 2010 season ends with a mark of 5-6? Answer. Not a thing.

One that says "hello college football, my name is Bo Pelini, I love defense and defense loves me. My team went through some hard times over the last few years due to an experiment by some douche bag who passed himself off as a football coach. But don't worry, were back. My team is hard as nails and plays every snap as if it was their last. We run sideline to sideline, wreaking havoc and smashing whatever piece of garbage is in our way. We run to win, pass to look good, and tackle to ensure greatness. If you like winning, get use to losing. And if you don't like losing, then don't play us. Every time we play its for all the marbles, so if you plan on talking, go ahead and talk your sh@t now, because come game time, we're lacing it up and beating your ass. "

Uh, I think this may completely change my signature! :clap

It could happen this year. Tough to say, really. I dont know how good VaTech is. They were 10-4 playing in a weak ACC, however, they did win the Orange Bowl, which says something for sure. I think we will know just how good VaTech is when they play Bama. I dont think VT can keep up with Bama, but like I said, I don't know.

:bonez:woo:thumbs:horns2:nutz

It could've happened last year if it wouldn't have been for those pathetic ACC referees who managed to give Va Tech 30 free and utterly bullsh** yards via two ridiculous personal foul penalties late in the 4th quarter.

I think you are selling us short hokieluv. That is fine, keep underestimating the Huskers and watch the Blackshirts hit Tyrod into the turf. He won't have the freedom he had last year.

:yeah

Frank had that signature win vs. Oklahoma. And that's it. I'm hoping with Bo that we'll be winning our share of games vs. top 10 teams, not just a single win people can point at.

:yeah

Frank had that signature win vs. Oklahoma. And that's it. I'm hoping with Bo that we'll be winning our share of games vs. top 10 teams, not just a single win people can point at.

Just ask Frank what one signature win gets ya. Off the topic, but IMO his first signature win was against Texas in the Alamo bowl. Point being you need more then a few biggies every now and then to be a long term success.

I think you are selling us short hokieluv. That is fine, keep underestimating the Huskers and watch the Blackshirts hit Tyrod into the turf. He won't have the freedom he had last year.

Caveman and Jen, I have all the respect in the world for the Huskers, both the team and fans!!! I spend more time on this message board than most other teams I visit (Bama, UNC, Miami, FSU) since I respect your program so much. I don't think we will underestimate the Huskers. Do I think we will lose games at home this year? No. Do I think NU will be one heck of a challenge? Absolutely! Anything can happen. Our team will be about more than Tyrod this year. At the same time, I also expect the Huskers to be moving forward, so I am not taking anything for granted.

I seem remember a team just like the one your talking about, can't figure where they went, something about a douche bag, seems to ring a bell, or maybe it was a couple of douche bags. Oh well maybe it will come back to me by the middle of this season. :)

GBR!!!