I think we should kick KSU out of the B12 and replace them with...

Try this on for size all you "kick ISU out" haters...

How about we open a new university in Nebraska, fund it twice as heavily as NU, build it a nice, new stadium, put them on their very own TV network so their games are televised every week, give them a nice easy conference to play in so they can't help but come out with a winning record and, to top it all off, make them the darlings of the media so they get 9/10th's of all the newspaper, radio and TV coverage that the Huskers get? Wouldn't that be swell???

Wow that sounds like ND..... Nah they can't win even with that.

:clap:clap:clap:clap

How about Minnesota? They're nearly always the bottom feeders of the Big 10. Plus, it would finally make the Big Ten consist of ten schools instead of eleven. Kansas State could be an independent....they can play ND every year and be a fluff team for them like Navy.

And we would be able to score at will because the current DC at Minnesota is . . . . .

Northwest Missouri State University.

They have an excellent program, would need to be "grown", but I think they would be an excellent choice to bring to the next level. They have really good fans that support their team. And I bet they could already beat ISU... :nutz

And competition with Mizzery for in-state recruits.

They have an excellent program, would need to be "grown", but I think they would be an excellent choice to bring to the next level. They have really good fans that support their team. And I bet they could already beat ISU... :nutz

:clap An even better reason!! They actually have a good coaching staff, and have competed for the NC in their division in several of the last few seasons. I don't think it would be that big of a jump, though they would take a few years to grow. I think with their coaching staff, and with them being in the Big 12, they probably would be able to recruit. They couldn't be any worse than KSU is right now, and I really do believe that it would be a close game between them and ISU right off in the first season. If there is a school that deserves to move up it would be Northwest Missouri State University.

Besides, how many teams have a Bear Cat for a mascot??

:clap An even better reason!! They actually have a good coaching staff, and have competed for the NC in their division in several of the last few seasons. I don't think it would be that big of a jump, though they would take a few years to grow. I think with their coaching staff, and with them being in the Big 12, they probably would be able to recruit. They couldn't be any worse than KSU is right now, and I really do believe that it would be a close game between them and ISU right off in the first season. If there is a school that deserves to move up it would be Northwest Missouri State University.

Besides, how many teams have a Bear Cat for a mascot??

A Bare Cat?

Naked%20Cat.jpg

Try this on for size all you "kick ISU out" haters...

How about we open a new university in Nebraska, fund it twice as heavily as NU, build it a nice, new stadium, put them on their very own TV network so their games are televised every week, give them a nice easy conference to play in so they can't help but come out with a winning record and, to top it all off, make them the darlings of the media so they get 9/10th's of all the newspaper, radio and TV coverage that the Huskers get? Wouldn't that be swell???

<_< Sounds to me like a little football envy there Cy...Michigan and Michigan State not only have themselves, but other quality schools in Michigan, and they can still get press, and do okay on recruiting...so what is your point? All ISU has to compete against is Iowa...when is the last time they competed in the Big 10 for anything? Maybe the press would be there more if they had something to actually cover? Maybe the TV/radio coverage would be there if they had something that would get sponsors?

Personally I would invite another school in-state. It would be fun to have the rivalry. And it would probably make more kids in the state want to play football to be a part of that rivalry. If you look at Nebraska's roster, most of the quality players come from places other than Nebraska. Right now, it seems the emphasis on recruiting is OUTSIDE Nebraska, kids that have probably never set foot in the state until they were recruited.

Nebraska isn't exactly like the west coast or Florida where they can recruit because they have beaches, sun, girls, and fun. But they do recruit the kids that want to come in and play in a quality program. Maybe if schools like KSU and ISU would use the model of Nebraska they would do better, who knows? Something at Nebraska brings in the kids that want to play for a winner, and I don't think it is the cornfields, or the nightlife. Something at KSU and ISU keeps kids away...maybe they need to look into that and rectify it in order to recruit good players?

:sarcasm Maybe ISU should look into getting some stimulus money to research why they can't put together a winning program.