I think we should kick KSU out of the B12 and replace them with...

why would we want to kick a team that we can beat every year even with the former regime who's fan base is a bunch of idiots?

We can't just want a conference of super awesome best teams in the nation if we want to be consistently dominant anyway. And who knows, maybe Snyder still has it in him.

1. To be the best you have to play the best.

2. People might finally shut the F up about the SEC being the best conference in the history of the universe. (I'm talking to you :espnsucks:)

I think we talk a lot about kicking teams out or teams going to other conferences, but I think a major improvement that could be made without changing either the teams or the alignment would be to change to rotation of play between North and South Division teams.

I think the season would be more exciting if Nebraska and OU played every year. Maybe CU and Texas, Mizzou and Texas Tech, Kansas and A&M, Kansas State and OSU, and ISU and Baylor. Do the roatation like the SEC. Although most of these rivalries aren't in place now, within 10-15 years, the Big XII could have a host of young, intense rivalries.

By everyone adding a rivalry game every year, we wouldn't have to talk about re-aligning or changing members for awhile.

Try this on for size all you "kick ISU out" haters...

How about we open a new university in Nebraska, fund it twice as heavily as NU, build it a nice, new stadium, put them on their very own TV network so their games are televised every week, give them a nice easy conference to play in so they can't help but come out with a winning record and, to top it all off, make them the darlings of the media so they get 9/10th's of all the newspaper, radio and TV coverage that the Huskers get? Wouldn't that be swell???

Makes a big difference when you're the only fish in the pond compared to being surrounded by three or four major D-1 schools and arguably the best D-II football school in the country. I'm pretty sure K-State can relate to that too...especially since neither state is really that large or filled with anything interesting enough to convince any decent in-state recruit to go there....

Instead of talking about kicking someone loose, the B-12 should expand to the Big-14. Grab Minnesota for the North, Arkansas for the south. Or how about Wyoming for the North? Closer than Utah...some tradition there. South Dakota State would probably appreciate a look too. Lots of options for the South besides Arkansas...TCU, Rice, Houston, SMU (if they ever field a real football team again)...lots of possibilities. Course, it would cut into Kansas' cup-cake non-conference schedule and possibly keep them from attaining a winning record...but there is a downside to everything.

Cy, Nebraska built that up from nothing. It wasn't handed to us, we created it. Other schools have been around just as long as Nebraska, yet their students, administrators and alumni don't have the same interest or ability to build their school like those in Nebraska built theirs. It's not Nebraska's fault that other schools have chosen to remain in the wings.

why would we want to kick a team that we can beat every year even with the former regime who's fan base is a bunch of idiots?

We can't just want a conference of super awesome best teams in the nation if we want to be consistently dominant anyway. And who knows, maybe Snyder still has it in him.

1. To be the best you have to play the best.

2. People might finally shut the F up about the SEC being the best conference in the history of the universe. (I'm talking to you :espnsucks:)

1. no, you don't.

2. we always have and always will have to deal with the coast bias.

1. no, you don't.

When was the last time a team played an opponent not ranked in the top ten, and won a national championship for beating them? Isn't the point of these bowl games to pit top teams against each other?

what does one game against KSU have to do with national championships? We played Pacific back when we were real good, is that beating the best to become the best?

Overloading conferences hurts that conference. You want competition but you cant just take the average top ten over a decade and make a super conference bc there will be teams there with 1 or 2 wins that would have dominated the rest of college football.

Northwest Missouri State University.

They have an excellent program, would need to be "grown", but I think they would be an excellent choice to bring to the next level. They have really good fans that support their team. And I bet they could already beat ISU... :nutz

Am I the only one that feels realigning OU to the north, and bringing in TCU would be the best option economically, and geographically?

This way the north is strengthened by OU and the renewed yearly rivalry opens the possibilities for a neutral site game for the north, and the money/ exposure NU is missing out on not having one.

The south loses little in the long run because TCU has a great FB program, a good coach in Gary Patterson (a KSU grad), a loyal fan base located in DFW's giant media market. Not to mention TCU is 11-3 against BCS schools in there last 14, includes a 5-2 record over the Big 12. Dropping one game each to TU & OU.

I doubt either OU or TU would like this idea. But other than Utah, which I think is destined to the Pac 10 when they finally expand. There aren't a lot of teams that would strengthen the conference, and help level the playing field between the divisions at the same time.