YOU SOB BRISCOE

Rumors flying out of Lawrence that Briscoe is going to be academically ineligible this semester.

better not be true.

:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam

If this is accurate it looks like Phil Steel's 4th place in the north prognostication just might come true. Without Briscoe, you guys are up pooh creek without a paddle or a boat.

:box

I think we will be ok. Without Briscoe I do not think we can win 2 of the 3 from the south, but can still compete for the North, just makes the Husker game even more important. It's still just rumor right now so hopefully Mangino/Lew can work some magic. It will be interesting to see what happens, hopefully this rumor gets squashed pretty quick.

Meier is a good receiver, but he doesn't strike me as that verticle threat KU needs to keep the defense off of the intermediate and short routes. I know you guys are high on Wilson, but isn't he just a Frosh? Asking him to take the heat off of Meier may be a bit much IMO, but that is why they play the games!

Rumors flying out of Lawrence that Briscoe is going to be academically ineligible this semester.

better not be true.

If this is accurate it looks like Phil Steel's 4th place in the north prognostication just might come true. Without Briscoe, you guys are up pooh creek without a paddle or a boat.

I think we will be ok. Without Briscoe I do not think we can win 2 of the 3 from the south, but can still compete for the North, just makes the Husker game even more important. It's still just rumor right now so hopefully Mangino/Lew can work some magic. It will be interesting to see what happens, hopefully this rumor gets squashed pretty quick.

Meier is a good receiver, but he doesn't strike me as that verticle threat KU needs to keep the defense off of the intermediate and short routes. I know you guys are high on Wilson, but isn't he just a Frosh? Asking him to take the heat off of Meier may be a bit much IMO, but that is why they play the games!

Wilson is a JR I believe. He did great last year, is projected to be a nice threat this year. If Briscoe can't play we will probably have to go to a frosh like Omigie. I would rather see him redshirt but having a 6'5" receiver on the field would be nice. Or a guy like SO Harris could step up pretty big.

better not be true.

Wilson is a JR I believe. He did great last year, is projected to be a nice threat this year. If Briscoe can't play we will probably have to go to a frosh like Omigie. I would rather see him redshirt but having a 6'5" receiver on the field would be nice. Or a guy like SO Harris could step up pretty big.

OK my bad, thought I read he was sophomore. Prolly just was reading about how KU will need a Frosh like Omigie to step up and got my wires crossed. Omigie should be pretty good, how good is he at route running coming in? It seems lately that a lot of big bodied WR's coming out of HS are just used to Go routes and Jump Balls. Seemingly rare to find one that is fairly polished also.

If true, my God, WTF?! How selfish. Again, if true, words can't express how disappointed in him I am. I knew he was walking on a thin line, but g'damn it, GO TO CLASS. You have a full ride scholarship to a fine D1 university, a chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself, and a ticket to the NFL for the taking. Don't pi$$ it away because you can't be bothered to open a book for a few hours a week.

There is no excuse for being academically ineligible with all the extra resources major universities dedicate to make sure the athletes don't fall behind. Stop being a selfish pr***, Briscoe. You are getting a full ride and when you can't honor your end of the bargain, that's outright stealing in my opinion. What a waste.

:rant

That said, there are plenty of perfectly capable WR's who will jump at their new found opportunity to get on the field. But, I really was looking forward to watching him this year to see what he could do.

I really should have held my rant until it was confirmed OFFICIALLY, though. Aren't there several summer sessions of courses he could be enrolled in? I guess I will really wait to see on this one because it could change if he straightens up, flies right, and passes his summer classes with high enough grades.

Yeah supposedly he has a shot to rectify this in Summer School so not official yet. This is most likely why we haven't seen a presser on it yet.

That said, there are plenty of perfectly capable WR's who will jump at their new found opportunity to get on the field. But, I really was looking forward to watching him this year to see what he could do.

Something that cannot be argued is the depth mangino has created at WR.

True but AA WR's don't just grow on trees.....

I really should have held my rant until it was confirmed OFFICIALLY, though. Aren't there several summer sessions of courses he could be enrolled in? I guess I will really wait to see on this one because it could change if he straightens up, flies right, and passes his summer classes with high enough grades.

Yeah supposedly he has a shot to rectify this in Summer School so not official yet. This is most likely why we haven't seen a presser on it yet.

Yeah they will probably get him into some PE classes to get all A's in. Could be the greatest academic turnaround in KU history.

True but AA WR's don't just grow on trees.....

No doubt about that. But Reesing can turn a average WR into a great WR. All they have to do is catch the thing.