NU Offense

I wont address the QB spot, because that would tedious and boring. haha.

The RB spot is one i dont need to mention, Helu will start, and if he gets tired or hurt, Castille will step in. So i think we are covered.

FB - well, someone has to replace Lawson, either Hays or Makovicka will do. Suhhhhhhhh....

WR - Brooks will start, along with Holt and Paul. The key is who plays behind them? and as it has been said, there is a good deal of talented receivers behind them, Henry, Bell, Kinnie, Mendoza, Gilleylen, and lets not forget Safety Adam Watson made the switch to WR now, so the list goes on.

TE - Mike McNeill could single-handling hold the TE position this year, but heaven-forbid something happens, Hill and Reed are right there as well.

The OL - the only thing i have to say about this is the only trouble spots is Christensen, who is getting back into shape and looking good for fall camp, and Jaivorio Burkes still isnt clear to play yet, but other than that, alot of the OL we say last year, comes back this year. I dont see any trouble at all.

I really feel like Kinnie will break into the starting rotation at WR pretty quickly. If not on opening day, them certainly by the time conference play rolls around. I don't have alot of evidence to back that up just yet, it's just a gut feeling I have.

I really feel like Kinnie will break into the starting rotation at WR pretty quickly. If not on opening day, them certainly by the time conference play rolls around. I don't have alot of evidence to back that up just yet, it's just a gut feeling I have.

My gut, for some reason, tells me that we will be running the ball more than passing this year... anyone agree?

My gut, for some reason, tells me that we will be running the ball more than passing this year... anyone agree?

Not quite, but I think that we definately will be running a lot more. NU put up about 450 yds/game of total O last year, about 170 on the ground and 280 in the air. I think NU puts up 200 rushing yds/game in 2009 but still gets 250 yds/game passing. That would be ideal atleast IMO.

Unlike the previous staff, this one likes to see what the opposing D gives us. I have no idea what we'll be doing more of with regards to running or passing. It will depend upon the opposing defense. During the start of the season, our running game will be the biggest threat to opposing D's.

Unlike the previous staff, this one likes to see what the opposing D gives us. I have no idea what we'll be doing more of with regards to running or passing. It will depend upon the opposing defense. During the start of the season, our running game will be the biggest threat to opposing D's.

good point....however if we can Stretch the field it will be huge ...Kinnie and Bell ..imo, seem to by types to do that. It make the running game and our short pass situations that much easier. From what I understand and seen in the spring game is that Lee seems more likely to throw the ball down field..instead of the dump off pass...all though I would always take the high % gain vs the int.

I really liked what I saw from Mendoza. If he can continue to work hard during the summer and into fall, I really think he will make a huge impact on how defenses approach our offense. I see him going vertical down the field, but I think he will really shine getting the ball in the open field on quick passes.

He's fast, but unlike Gilleylen, he can catch too.

I really liked what I saw from Mendoza. If he can continue to work hard during the summer and into fall, I really think he will make a huge impact on how defenses approach our offense. I see him going vertical down the field, but I think he will really shine getting the ball in the open field on quick passes.

He's fast, but unlike Gilleylen, he can catch too.

Exactly!!