New Helmets?

I wouldn't fear change, but only an idiot changes his brand when it's having success with the current one.

Remind me, how'd that work for "New" coke. For that matter, how many more games did we win with the all white road uni.

IMCO, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Small variations are okay with me.

Leg stripes may be adjusted from year to year, as long as there are never more than two, and they aren't any wider than the current uniforms ('02 was a joke, except that nobody laughed).

Shoulder stripes, player's number or "N", whatever. Doesn't really matter to me. As long as red jerseys are worn with white pants and vice versa. Leave the all-white stuff to Penn State. The all-red uniforms from the OU game in 86... I've seen pictures, and it doesn't work for me. Not a fashion expert, but it just doesn't work.

The helmet could, for a game or two, and in conjunction with a throwback jersey, go back to NU. But you have to promise me it will be changed back to the simple, classic N.

When I think of great uniforms, I think Alabama. Penn State. Michigan. Oklahoma. But the best uniform has always been Nebraska (well, except in '02).

Imagine being at a meeting where they decide to add or remove a stripe. How weird would that be? You know that it's gotta be a meeting of at least a few hours. Somebody's really excited by the prospect of adding a stripe, someone gets totally cheesed that it even gets mentioned... Man, it'd be like this thread.

The point of change is to try something new.... I'm assuming you still drive the same car that your father, grandfather, and great grandfather owned? Same paint job, interior, everything? Why be so dramatic and compare us to Oregon if we changed something... I never said change the jerseys, just put the new "N" on the helmet... :wacko:

The point of change is to try something new.... I'm assuming you still drive the same car that your father, grandfather, and great grandfather owned? Same paint job, interior, everything? Why be so dramatic and compare us to Oregon if we changed something... I never said change the jerseys, just put the new "N" on the helmet... :wacko:

Look, I could care less about uni changes, I just don't want to be the type of program that chases every new fad to attract fan attention. We already have the fans. This isn't some Minor League team that needs to give away helmets with a ticket purchase or hire some leggless guy to pitch. This is NU baby, we are the standard.

Who said we weren't the standard... changing the "N" on the helmet to reflect the change in the University's logo is hardly fad-chasing...

There is nothing wrong with the N we got now on our helmets. We've had that N on our helmet since 1970 and 39 years later its still going strong.........which goes back to the saying "If it's not broke don't change it."

Haha easy guys.. I was just talking one game. My post had no intention to change the helmets, just something a little different for "one" game, like the 1969 helmet with N U on the side. Marketing schemes bring interest and revenue to the University, and thats exactly what it would be..marketing. Most of you believe our image shouldn't change, but I must point out that our style has been changing since the beginning. The huskers are who they are on the field, thats what I firmly believe because two years ago I wouldn't call some of the players huskers even though they were indeed wearing the colors.