Big 12 Helmet Schedule Grid

We don't have a bye week before colorado this year?

Nope. If I went through the Huskers.com schedule correctly, 2013 is the next time we have a week off before the Colorado game. I kind of like it that way, too, since it seems we start very slow in the game after time off. Though it kind of stinks that they get one less day to prepare for a road game, while I believe Colorado has a game on the Friday before (7 days to prepare for the home team versus 6 days to prepare for the road team). I'll have to double-check that one. I know CU has quite a few non-saturday games this year.

Hell, what am I worried about anyway - we'll be so great and dominant by then, we could just take the whole week off and still manhandle those puffs. :sarcasm

----- check that -- they have a game on the Thursday before, @OSU, so they get 8 days to prepare for Nebraska, but only 5 days for a road game @OSU. Looks like ESPN is throwing some cash and prizes the Big 12's way with the thursday games.

Looks like ESPN is throwing some cash and prizes the Big 12's way with the thursday games.

Yep, and for some reason I am real excited about the Thursday matchup against Missouri.

Not really sure why, but it might be because the last couple times we have played Missouri on TV when lots of people were watching, we lost big. I think this year will be a different story.

• 5 weeks later...

Where did they get those Nebraska helmets?

That was the first thing I noticed, too, but all the helmets are 'throw-backs'. To answer the actual question, I don't know where they got them, or if they created them on their own.

I'm almost positive they are getting them from The Helmet Project. This site has the most thorough list of old style helmets out there. I don't know of any other website that devotes a much time or research to throwback helmets.

You should really check it out, there are some pretty neat old helmet designs on there. A lot of them I think are actually cooler than the logo's the teams are currently using.