Five Star Boom or Bust Projection thread

Saw this idea for a thread on another board and thought it would be good to start here. Everyone knows not all 5 stars are going to be 1st rounders and not all 1,2,3 are going to be scrubs.

1) Seantrel Henderson-BOOM- Deserves to be the 1 prospect on every recruiting board. He is an athletic freak and once he hits a college weight room he is going to be one mean S.O.B. The guy has future NFL Draft pick written all over him.

2)Lache Seastrunk-BUST- He should not be rated this high in my opinion. His game is too finesse driven. While he is explosive and dangerous in the open field I think he is going it find more difficulty making it to the open field in the SEC. I find it hard to believe he will ever be a feature back and may need a bigger back on the field to stay relevant. Could he be this years Joe Mcknight?

3)Darius White-BOOM- He needs to add muscle mass, but the tools are there for him to be a good one.

4)Marcus Lattimore-BUST- Nothing seems to be extraordinary wrong with his game, but nothing seems to be extraordinarily right either. He appears to be solid, but I have questions if he will ever be able to put a team on his back.

5)Matt Elam-BOOM- The kid is versatile and very physical. He could have been a dream WILL in Bo's defense (a LB that is versatile enough to drop back in passing situations).

6)Jackson Jeffcoat-?- Hard to evaluate. He's good, but is he dominate?

7)James Hurst-?-He can get to the second level for run blocking, but very limited film of him pass protecting.

8)Jeff Luc-BUST- Hard hitter but he does not seem to get a guy you have to game plan for. Maybe he's a high 4 star?

9)Demarcus Milliner-?-Plays RB in the film I've seen, don't know about his DB skills.

10)Lamarcus Joyner-BOOM- Definately doesn't play his height. He seems to be made for zone coverage scheme where he can play run support.

11)Michael Dyer-Boom- Can do it all and is very physical. Would be a dream in a spread attack.

12)Ronald Powell-?- Haven't seen any video.

13)Chris Martin-?- Plays LB in the film I've seen. Looks very stiff at this position. Maybe best suited for DE as he looks like a vertical attack.

14)J.R. 'Ego' Ferguson- BOOM- He could be a dominate DT and this is position I see him growing into if he is indeed already 270+.

thoughts?

I think that Darius White will be a bust for some reason.

I think Jackson Jeffcoat is will be a boom.

I also think that Jeff Luc will be a huge boom. One of the biggest Boom's of the 2010 class

I"m not saying Luc isn't going to be a good player, but I don't think he is going to live upto the hype. The more video I watch it appears as though he is good talent destroying lesser opponents. Sometimes he looks like the biggest thing on the field. Maybe it's just me?

Finally someone that sees what i see in seastrunk.. I mean, i haven't exactly paid attention to his thread but i remember when someone was talking about him during last season i was pretty meh on his video.. I mean yea, he looks fast but hell, he doesn't have to bust anyone down! Sure some of his moves are cool but he wont run away from everyone at this level...

Finally someone that sees what i see in seastrunk.. I mean, i haven't exactly paid attention to his thread but i remember when someone was talking about him during last season i was pretty meh on his video.. I mean yea, he looks fast but hell, he doesn't have to bust anyone down! Sure some of his moves are cool but he wont run away from everyone at this level...

When I saw his vid I thought the same thing. The east west running is going to catch up with him sooner or later. Eventually he is going to have to lower his shoulder and win battles at the line of scrimmage. Right now he seems as though he could be better suited for wide out because he can be dangerous in space.

When I saw his vid I thought the same thing. The east west running is going to catch up with him sooner or later. Eventually he is going to have to lower his shoulder and win battles at the line of scrimmage. Right now he seems as though he could be better suited for wide out because he can be dangerous in space.

Agreed 100% there.

Exactly!! took the words right out of my mouth. Reggie Bush was a lot like this in his film but then again joe mcknight looked similar too. its probably more about which team or conference they go to.

He ran a 4.25 at a camp

I believe you that 4.25 was reported, but I will not believe unless it is confirmed independently.

The very fastest humans in the WORLD run in the 4.3s. A 4.25 is simply........unbelieveable.

Doubt that...the very fastest people in the world probably aren't running 40 yard dashes trying to get a football scholarship. I bet there's over a million people in the world who can run a 4.40, im sure the very fastest person in the world would be in the upper threes to very low fours.

EDIT:

From speedendurance.com

"Fabian Washington recorded the fastest 40 yard dash at the 2005 NFL Combine with a time of 4.29 seconds. Unfortunately no videos are available.

Washington reportedly ran a 4.39 in the 40 yard dash as a Senior in high school.

He played three years at the University of Nebraska Lincoln before skipping his senior year to become a first round 2005 NFL Draft selection of the Oakland Raiders (pick #23)."