ESPN Showing NU More Love

Bo can go back to Ohio State if he wants

No..... he can not...... I wont let him.... :angry:

I'm pretty sure that conversation doesn't have to take place for some time. Sweater Vest isn't likely to be leaving tOSU anytime soon, and Bo just started here anyway. He'll need to add some more to his resume before he's the Son of Ohio they call back to coach the Buckeyes.

prediction: when tressel leaves ohio state, expect herbstreit to be the first to publicly (and loudly) call on bo to go to columbus.

not sure why you'd want to go there, it's a terrible state and town.

it's his home state, his alma mater and recruiting would be *way* easier there than Nebraska. cripes, if he just put a fence around ohio, bo could probably put together a national championship pretty darned quick. add too it the fact that the main stream media spooge themselves when talking about ohio state and its one of the few programs that match the status of Nebraska as a football power, you have about five compelling reasons why he'd leave.

before leaving LSU, bo told his defensive unit that he had been offered his "dream job" and had to go. i'm sure people there were scratching their collective heads trying to figure why he would leave a great program like theirs for the midwest of all places. it's so cold in nebraska! and it even snows sometimes!

but bo got a taste of what husker football was and if things would have been different, he would have been head coach even sooner. (pud might have kept his job if had hired pelini... but i'm thinking pelini would have killed pud within a year.)

the people of this state hold bo in VERY high esteem. and i'm thinking bo and carl really enjoy the husker lifestyle and the fact that their program is *THE* program in this state.

bo may be like roy williams at north carolina. williams ran the kansas basketball program for years but was from north carolina, chapel hill alumni and was mentored under dean smith. williams was a tarheel assistant coached michael jordan when the tarheels won their national championship in '82. the links were there to be sure.

williams had everything he could have wanted at kansas. it was a blue chip program, won 80% of his games, mad the post-season every year he was a coach and had 9 conference championships to his name. UNC came around once and offered him a job in 2000. after much soul-searching, he turned them down once.

three years later, UNC offered again. williams said as much has he loved coaching kansas, he couldn't turn down his alma mater twice.

will bo do the same thing? dunno. time will tell, i guess.

do you live in columbus? i have it sucks i would rather have my testicles cut off then live there again. if i ever see annother skyline chili i swear to god i'll take over the US and force columbus to disappear via fusion weapons.