Suh "Insured"?

I don't even want to think about this (knocking on wood, throws salt over shoulder) but with Suh as dominate

as he is. Many teams will be doubling him, cut blocking etc. and many (not intentionally, but some might) may blindside him and put in a little cheap shot here and there.

I haven't heard if he has insured himself (most big time NFL prospects do) or not. It would be prudent to do so but nothing has been brought up on this topic. I know some of our rivals would not like to see us succeed

and might resort to, shall we say, less than sportsman like tactics to bring the big guy down.

How does the coaching staff TRY to avoid possible injury? Does Bo have a conference with the zebras before each game to have them pay special attention to the opposing teams O line? To make sure that no funny business is going on?

I know that if I was coaching, one of my biggest fears would be that one of my stars on the team was getting cheap shotted the whole game just to take him out. As much as we would all like to believe that this doesn't go on in collegiate or any sport, we all know that it does.

So that no matter what happens, they get paid?

I'd say for a player who is expected to get drafted(mostly first day guys), it would be dumb to not get insured! I mean if something horrible happens and you can't play in the NFL you will be covered for earning what you could have made which will make things easier, and if you do get drafted the money you sign for will be plenty to make up for the payments you had to make for insurance. It's really a no brainer if your an early round guy IMHO.(especially if this is your last year in college)

I wonder what the premium is on a multi million $ insurance policy on your body?? Might be a little hard for the average college player to fork up.

Which is why projected 1st rounders only.

IIRC its a policy associated/sponsored by the NCAA, and they dole out who gets it.

A quick web search

Where can I get these kinds of insurance?

There are only a few companies (e.g., Chubb Group, Lloyd’s of London) that provide this type of insurance for athletes. However, there are numerous insurance brokers/agents who can sell the disability coverage. The NCAA also sponsors a disability insurance program for elite student athletes, which includes as a benefit the automatic securing of a loan if the tudent athlete’s rating qualifies him or her for coverage. The NCAA program currently is available for elite athletes in the sports of football, men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, and men’s ice hockey only. You should contact your university’s professional sports counseling panel, athletics director or the NCAA for more information on the NCAA program or others in the market place.

Link