Nebraska vs Texas series

I've been saying for years now that Mack Brown is the most overrated coach in college football. I like our chances so much more if we were to play Texas in the big 12 championship instead of Oklahoma.

I can't wait for the day when Will Muschamp takes over in Austin. They'll be a force to be reckoned with, and a Pelini vs Muschamp game would probably end up being 10-7.

WOW! I don't know why you would be up on the stump calling Mack Brown the most overrated coach in college football! He is the best CEO this country has right now...

As much as I hate the Longhorns, this is one of the lamest things I hear from Texas haters...this guy wins 10 games a year and he is overrated???? I don't get the logic...

And then to add in that you can't wait until Muschamp takes over...when is the last time a hand pick successor has gone on to replace a legend....??? Muschamp is 10 times the hot head Bo ever was and he will always be too involved with the D at Texas to be truly successful.

Mack gets it right...he hugs moms when he meets them, he pays and recruits the best assistant's and let's them do their jobs...coach'em up!!!

Again, I hate Texas more than anyone on here...but let's be realistic

I find it hard to glorify a coach who does so little with so much. Not that 10 win seasons isn't a good season, but Texas is more talented than any other team year in, year out (yes, more talented than USC). But Mack Brown's ultimate string of success is because Vince Young simply carried that team. The best thing Mack Brown has done for Texas was bring in Muschamp, and ultimately name his as the successor. Muschamp will have this defense rollin' this season, and they'll have to be if they want to beat Oklahoma in the Shootout.

Nebraska has had the chances to win...

* Buckhalter's fumble at the Texas 3 yard line...

* Nunn's fumble after catching a first down pass...

* The former coach built a great lead and then inexplicably took his foot off the gas; and then in the same game, the Blackshirt defense gave up 200+ yards rushing in the 4th quarter in 2007.

Yes our record has been dismal against Texas, but at least three of their wins have been due to ineptitude on our part.

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

Don't forget us taking #7 Texas to the wire in Lincoln in 2002, only to have Jammal Lord throw into triple coverage and get picked off with less than ten seconds left.

My first and only game sitting in the student section... What a freakin heart breaker :angry:

I've been saying for years now that Mack Brown is the most overrated coach in college football. I like our chances so much more if we were to play Texas in the big 12 championship instead of Oklahoma.

I can't wait for the day when Will Muschamp takes over in Austin. They'll be a force to be reckoned with, and a Pelini vs Muschamp game would probably end up being 10-7.

WOW! I don't know why you would be up on the stump calling Mack Brown the most overrated coach in college football! He is the best CEO this country has right now...

As much as I hate the Longhorns, this is one of the lamest things I hear from Texas haters...this guy wins 10 games a year and he is overrated???? I don't get the logic...

And then to add in that you can't wait until Muschamp takes over...when is the last time a hand pick successor has gone on to replace a legend....??? Muschamp is 10 times the hot head Bo ever was and he will always be too involved with the D at Texas to be truly successful.

Mack gets it right...he hugs moms when he meets them, he pays and recruits the best assistant's and let's them do their jobs...coach'em up!!!

I don't agree. Mack Brown SHOULD win 10 games a year with the kind of talent Texas as. And yeah, he had to recruit him, but I'm sure any decent college football coach could recruit at UT.

Coaches shouldn't be considered as good or bad based on the wins and losses of their program, but how many wins and losses they have compared to however other coaches would do in the same situation. Mack Brown is going to win more games than Jim Grobe every year. Does that make Brown the better coach? Not in my opinion.

I don't agree. Mack Brown SHOULD win 10 games a year with the kind of talent Texas as. And yeah, he had to recruit him, but I'm sure any decent college football coach could recruit at UT.

Brown has a better record than Daddy Darryl or any other Texas coach who's been there more than 5 years. He's got an ideal situation at Texas, but he's also making an awful lot with it, more than anyone else has. And don't forget that he took over Makovic's train wreck.

Brown has a better record than Daddy Darryl or any other Texas coach who's been there more than 5 years. He's got an ideal situation at Texas, but he's also making an awful lot with it, more than anyone else has. And don't forget that he took over Makovic's train wreck.

I agree. Mack Brown isn't a genius when it comes to X's and O's, but he has to be doing something right. I can agree that Texas is an ideal school, but look how many coaches before him didn't measure up. And it couldn't have just been recruiting. Remember that 6 win team that beat us in the champ game? Their backfield was Priest Holmes and Ricky Williams. Freakin ridiculous, really.

Muschamp is a hot head but 10 times worse than Bo? Maybe we should ask Matt O'Hanlon.

:sarcasm