Nebraska vs Texas series

Nebraska is 1-7 vs Texas since the inception of the big 12, but this isn't what I want to talk about. I don't know if any of you have noticed or gone back to look at past scores but I thought it was interesting that everytime we play Texas, the game is relatively close.

1996: 37-27 UT

1998: 20-16 UT

1999: 24-20 UT

1999: 22-6 NU* (big 12 title game)

2002: 27-24 UT

2003: 31-7 Vince Young

2006: 22-20 UT

2007: 28-25 UT

So 6 out of the 8 times we've played them its been 10 or less points. of those 6, 5 were decided by 4 points or less. So what i'm getting at, is that no matter how good either side is, they always seem to play a heck of a game, classics if you will.

I just thought it was interesting....

I've been saying for years now that Mack Brown is the most overrated coach in college football. I like our chances so much more if we were to play Texas in the big 12 championship instead of Oklahoma.

I can't wait for the day when Will Muschamp takes over in Austin. They'll be a force to be reckoned with, and a Pelini vs Muschamp game would probably end up being 10-7.

Nebraska has had the chances to win...

* Buckhalter's fumble at the Texas 3 yard line...

* Nunn's fumble after catching a first down pass...

* The former coach built a great lead and then inexplicably took his foot off the gas; and then in the same game, the Blackshirt defense gave up 200+ yards rushing in the 4th quarter in 2007.

Yes our record has been dismal against Texas, but at least three of their wins have been due to ineptitude on our part.

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

* The former coach built a great lead and then inexplicably took his foot off the gas; and then in the same game, the Blackshirt defense gave up 200+ yards rushing in the 4th quarter in 2007.

Yes our record has been dismal against Texas, but at least three of their wins have been due to ineptitude on our part.

Don't forget us taking #7 Texas to the wire in Lincoln in 2002, only to have Jammal Lord throw into triple coverage and get picked off with less than ten seconds left.

vince young was a beast

Vince Young was also a redshirt freshman in 2003. We just played and looked awful that game. Flat. I think that game really got things rolling in Pedey's mind that the gap to competing with the top of the Big 12 was widening, and he was going to have to do something.

The other games have been amazingly, agonizingly close.

Don't forget us taking #7 Texas to the wire in Lincoln in 2002, only to have Jammal Lord throw into triple coverage and get picked off with less than ten seconds left.

was that the year they basically won because Roy Williams pushed off Groce (one of the worst WR push-offs I've ever seen) for the game winning score? I also remember a game where Applewhite like flung the ball (he didn't throw it) and it just kind of magically skirted two defenders and landed in a texas player's hands.

I've been saying for years now that Mack Brown is the most overrated coach in college football. I like our chances so much more if we were to play Texas in the big 12 championship instead of Oklahoma.

I can't wait for the day when Will Muschamp takes over in Austin. They'll be a force to be reckoned with, and a Pelini vs Muschamp game would probably end up being 10-7.

WOW! I don't know why you would be up on the stump calling Mack Brown the most overrated coach in college football! He is the best CEO this country has right now...

As much as I hate the Longhorns, this is one of the lamest things I hear from Texas haters...this guy wins 10 games a year and he is overrated???? I don't get the logic...

And then to add in that you can't wait until Muschamp takes over...when is the last time a hand pick successor has gone on to replace a legend....??? Muschamp is 10 times the hot head Bo ever was and he will always be too involved with the D at Texas to be truly successful.

Mack gets it right...he hugs moms when he meets them, he pays and recruits the best assistant's and let's them do their jobs...coach'em up!!!

Again, I hate Texas more than anyone on here...but let's be realistic

Don't forget Jamal Lord's late interception in Lincoln.

OK I should read down the thread before replying. :/

Sitting in the stadium that day Nunn fumbled was so surreal. Out of nowhere, it started snowing & we were looking good for the W & pow! :bang:bang:bang:bang Gotta love T. Nunn. great kid. just sucked the big 1. ps, wife is a huge ut fan. we didnt talk until tuesday after that game

That was the ONE year I had season tickets. And that game was why (that and the north end zone expansion of course). Flew my dad in from San Antonio and made him wear red. He was cold. I remember waking up the next morning and not being sure if we won or lost.