Transportation in Lincoln

I was looking for a little insight from people more familiar with Lincoln than myself. My brother, cousin and I are going to the NU vs ISU game. The last two times we have stayed at the Marriott which is perfect but i dont feel like shelling out $211.85 for a room agian. I was looking and saw the Holiday Inn Express is decently close. Getting to the game and back to the hotel wont be a problem as we will be tailgating and have a vehicle but for that evening when we go downtown is there are bus system that can get you from the Holiday Inn to the bars and back? I know in Ames they have the Moonlight Express aka Drunk bus that is a service provided by Cy-ride that you can call and they will have different pick up points to get you where you want, but does Lincoln have anything similar? Any help would be appreciated.

I was looking for a little insight from people more familiar with Lincoln than myself. My brother and cousin are going to the NU vs ISU game. The last two times we have stayed at the Marriott which is perfect but i dont feel like shelling out $211.85 for a room agian. I was looking and saw the Holiday Inn Express is decently close. Getting to the game and back to the hotel wont be a problem as we will be tailgating and have a vehicle but for that evening when we go downtown is there are bus system that can get you from the Holiday Inn to the bars and back? I know in Ames they have the Moonlight Express aka Drunk bus that is a service provided by Cy-ride that you can call and they will have different pick up points to get you where you want, but does Lincoln have anything similar? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure how late the Lincoln buses run on game days. I know UNL students can use the 475-RIDE service to call for a cab that will take them home from parties/bars with the university picking up the tab. I'll check with some people and see what I can find out for you.

I love Lincoln, lived there for 7 years and learned how to get around. But, the publice transportation is complete sh!t. You can try to call a taxi, but don't expect them for like an hour, no buses at night, nothing. Everyone wonders why there are so many DUI's in Lincoln, it's because the public trans and taxi companies are sh!t. Best is try to find a hotel close so you can walk(may be worth a little extra money), find a sober person who will pick you up, or if you are staying away from downtown, some hotels will send a shuttle to pick you up(not many of these). Besides that have a great time! However, don't drive down to the stadium and try to get in a parking lot thinking you will be able to, because most lots you need a pass. There are a couple public lots but fill up very early, but if you get there early and park you can walk to the Hay Market and drink/eat, come back to your car later and tailgate before the game. If you can try to find a parking pass for a lot near the stadium on ebay or somewhere else. Will cost a little more but will make it easier for you, therefore you will enjoy it more especially coming from that far away.

Here's a parking map around the Stadium. Truly the best thing for you to do if you don't wanna buy a parking lot pass is to park downtown in a parking garage or what I'd do is just figure on tailgating and park in the lots over by Hay Market Park and walk over the pedestrian bridge to get to the game. I've been over there before and it's alot of fun. You can also get to Hay Market and Downtown from there, just further walk.

Parking Guide

http://www.huskers.com//pdf5/425145.pdf

Game Day Guide

http://www.huskers.com//pdf5/425242.pdf

I was looking for a little insight from people more familiar with Lincoln than myself. My brother, cousin and I are going to the NU vs ISU game. The last two times we have stayed at the Marriott which is perfect but i dont feel like shelling out $211.85 for a room agian. I was looking and saw the Holiday Inn Express is decently close. Getting to the game and back to the hotel wont be a problem as we will be tailgating and have a vehicle but for that evening when we go downtown is there are bus system that can get you from the Holiday Inn to the bars and back? I know in Ames they have the Moonlight Express aka Drunk bus that is a service provided by Cy-ride that you can call and they will have different pick up points to get you where you want, but does Lincoln have anything similar? Any help would be appreciated.

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown a few times now. It is not bad at all. I have a room booked for the FAU game and it ran me about $150/night, minimum 2 night stay. The walk to the stadium isn't bad and there are plenty of bars to stop and rest at along the way. The restaurant there also serves a breakfast which is really convenient.

I love Lincoln, lived there for 7 years and learned how to get around. But, the publice transportation is complete sh!t. You can try to call a taxi, but don't expect them for like an hour, no buses at night, nothing. Everyone wonders why there are so many DUI's in Lincoln, it's because the public trans and taxi companies are sh!t. Best is try to find a hotel close so you can walk(may be worth a little extra money), find a sober person who will pick you up, or if you are staying away from downtown, some hotels will send a shuttle to pick you up(not many of these). Besides that have a great time! However, don't drive down to the stadium and try to get in a parking lot thinking you will be able to, because most lots you need a pass. There are a couple public lots but fill up very early, but if you get there early and park you can walk to the Hay Market and drink/eat, come back to your car later and tailgate before the game. If you can try to find a parking pass for a lot near the stadium on ebay or somewhere else. Will cost a little more but will make it easier for you, therefore you will enjoy it more especially coming from that far away.

Here's a parking map around the Stadium. Truly the best thing for you to do if you don't wanna buy a parking lot pass is to park downtown in a parking garage or what I'd do is just figure on tailgating and park in the lots over by Hay Market Park and walk over the pedestrian bridge to get to the game. I've been over there before and it's alot of fun. You can also get to Hay Market and Downtown from there, just further walk.

Parking Guide

http://www.huskers.com//pdf5/425145.pdf

Game Day Guide

http://www.huskers.com//pdf5/425242.pdf

And much longer on Game nights. Then when they get there, you'll have to fight off other people for the cab.