DE Adrian Clayborn

Player: Adrian Clayborn

Hometown: Webster Groves, MO

Position: DE

Height: 6’3”

Weight: 247

40 time: 4.73

Visit Date: Sept. 17, 2005

Scholarships offered: Illinois, Nebraska, Kansas State, Missouri, Kansas, Michigan State

Favorites: Committed to Iowa

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #5/ :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report:#8/ :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: A powerhouse in the weight room(bench 245/squat 505) with a legit 4.73/40. Last season he recorded 78 tackles and one interception.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% I think this kid will continue to flip flop leaders until he starts making visits. Being from Missouri and already getting a commitment from Freeman may help. Cosgrove is recruiting him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So you would switch Clayborn, just for the sake of the offensive line? He would have to pack on anywhere from 35pds-50pds of weight just to play the line at his small 6'3 frame. You do understand that not everyone has the body type to carry that type of weight, correct?

The recruiting process is a long haul. Feburary is a long time away and we will get our share of prospects. Don't fret and jump off the bridge as you are already doing.

well, it would not be inconceivable for him to gain 30 lbs., but as i said i see no big push to get O linemen, some of the best are already comitted and with guys like Thomas playing up front we will continually get our ass kicked.....it is a proven fact you have to have quicker O linemen to make the WCO work and our big fat-ass 300 lb. plus guys ain't gettin the job done.......that is painfully obvious by now

hunter

SiC, completely wrong.

Don't know where you have heard a max total is from 5 lifts, but a max is from ONE lift.

Doing 5 would be considered doing reps.

If you do not believe me, look it up or ask any weightlifter you may know. Very misinformed here.

BTW, Major Culbert (CB prospect from CA) is at a 285lbs. bench max, FWIW.