DE Adrian Clayborn

Im not sure how they did it at your high school, or anywhere else you may have gone, but no one is encouraged to lift as much weight as they can one rep. That is dangerous and unproductive. When you power lift your rep total should be between 7-10 reps, and when you post weights for a football team or lift at a nike elite camp or combine you do reps, not how much you can lift Once. The standard for reps to determine max is FIVE reps.

SiC, that is why it is called a max rep. Most of the time a max rep is done only once during a session (or day) and is done somewhere towards the end of your session.

A max rep is not done to build mass, but basically to show where you are at with your strength. The reason for it being a max rep is to show the maximum weight you can lift, period.

Again I say, go anywhere, ask any weighlifter, look it up anywhere and find the same I am telling you. You seem to be the one on the different page from anyone else.

SiC, that is why it is called a max rep. Most of the time a max rep is done only once during a session (or day) and is done somewhere towards the end of your session.

A max rep is not done to build mass, but basically to show where you are at with your strength. The reason for it being a max rep is to show the maximum weight you can lift, period.

Again I say, go anywhere, ask any weighlifter, look it up anywhere and find the same I am telling you. You seem to be the one on the different page from anyone else.

I agree with what you are saying about a max lift, however, what SiC is saying is true. There is some formula out there that is used to calculate a max, and it is done by someone doing 5 reps. It is thought that "maxing out" is hard on the joints and muscles. I remember when they made a big deal about Stai benching like 505, and they said that he actually benched 420 or 440 (5) times and they used that to calculate what his max would have been.

What you are saying is true, but what SiC said is also very true :thumbs

I agree with what you are saying about a max lift, however, what SiC is saying is true. There is some formula out there that is used to calculate a max, and it is done by someone doing 5 reps. It is thought that "maxing out" is hard on the joints and muscles. I remember when they made a big deal about Stai benching like 505, and they said that he actually benched 420 or 440 (5) times and they used that to calculate what his max would have been.

What you are saying is true, but what SiC said is also very true :thumbs

In the 1994 special edition Sports Illustrated for the Huskers championship, on a feature they have about the Pipeline, it shows Stai getting ready to bench and he has 10 plates and 2 dimes on the bench, which if by my calculations are correct, is 515 lbs. I agree though, maxing out is really rough on your body. In HS Jaworski had a chart that would show you what your max was with how many reps you did at a certain weight.

Anyways, back to the topic...

Anyone hear how he liked his visit? I am not concerned by him only doing 245 lbs on the bench, or if that is just what is doing reps on. Who knows, lots can happen between now and next year.

I wonder if the recruits are gonna start pouring in soon, because we have a lot less guys committed this year as opposed to last year at this time, if I am not mistaken.

This recruiting year is shaping up a bit more like most of the other teams out there. It is very rare that you go and get alot of recruits early, as only a couple of teams (Nebraska and Virginia last year, or Texas this year) that manage to get that many that early. Most of the best classes are pulled out in the last month of the recruiting season. The only exception is quarterbacks, who receive so much attention that they tend to commit early, but we allready got ours. Our other guys will probably come in in the last month or two. We probably have a few commits that the coaches are holding back to see if we can land another player we are more interested in. We has alot more schollies to give last year, so we probably accepted all of our commitments immediately.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Player: Adrian Clayborn

Hometown: Webster Groves, MO

Position: DE

Height: 6’3”

Weight: 247

40 time: 4.73

Visit Date: Sept. 17, 2005

Scholarships offered: Illinois, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Missouri, Kansas, Michigan State

Favorites: Texas Tech and Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #5/ :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report:#8/ :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: A powerhouse in the weight room(bench 245/squat 505) with a legit 4.73/40. Last season he recorded 78 tackles and one interception.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 55%

• 4 weeks later...